Total Posts:62|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Context of using the word nigger

Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 5:42:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hulk Hogan recently was removed from the wrestling hall of fame for using the word nigger. He said this while venting, in a private conversation, twelve years ago which was released without his consent. Hogan made one mistake 12 years ago and basically his entire past was tarnished for it. I think it's beyond severe and it kind of mind fuks me.

There has to be context of when you say the word and all people should be held to the same standards whether white or black.

If black people are allowed to use it because they are using it in a friendly way, then you are stigmatizing white people saying that every white person who uses the term uses it in a hateful way.

either (a) anyone can use it if it is not used in with hateful intent or (b) no one can use it because of how the word was used in the past.

You can't just judge the word and level how it is used because of skin color.

I think hogans punishment was to harsh
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 5:49:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 5:42:55 PM, Mikal wrote:
Hulk Hogan recently was removed from the wrestling hall of fame for using the word nigger. He said this while venting, in a private conversation, twelve years ago which was released without his consent. Hogan made one mistake 12 years ago and basically his entire past was tarnished for it. I think it's beyond severe and it kind of mind fuks me.

There has to be context of when you say the word and all people should be held to the same standards whether white or black.

If black people are allowed to use it because they are using it in a friendly way, then you are stigmatizing white people saying that every white person who uses the term uses it in a hateful way.

either (a) anyone can use it if it is not used in with hateful intent or (b) no one can use it because of how the word was used in the past.

You can't just judge the word and level how it is used because of skin color.

I think hogans punishment was to harsh

Look. I hate the word. I don't like black people using it, I don't like its casual use, I don't like it. However...

I don't like ditching words just because they are offensive to me. F@g, queer, these are word that the objects of the word have retaken as their own. I see some net positives in that, and while still disliking all of them, can feel fine not using them - they are not my words. They were the exclusive domain of white-straight men for a good time, now they aren't mine anymore.
ben2974
Posts: 767
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 6:20:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 5:42:55 PM, Mikal wrote:
Hulk Hogan recently was removed from the wrestling hall of fame for using the word nigger. He said this while venting, in a private conversation, twelve years ago which was released without his consent. Hogan made one mistake 12 years ago and basically his entire past was tarnished for it. I think it's beyond severe and it kind of mind fuks me.

There has to be context of when you say the word and all people should be held to the same standards whether white or black.

If black people are allowed to use it because they are using it in a friendly way, then you are stigmatizing white people saying that every white person who uses the term uses it in a hateful way.

either (a) anyone can use it if it is not used in with hateful intent or (b) no one can use it because of how the word was used in the past.

You can't just judge the word and level how it is used because of skin color.

I think hogans punishment was to harsh

That sucks...
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 12:54:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I get using words is contextual but to axe the dudes career for venting. Even if celebs are held to a higher standard it was to much.

I just wish all races were held to the same standards.

It's like if a black person says it no matter the context , it's chill

If a white person says it, it's always wrong

We let Spanish people get away with saying It if they chill with black people

What are all the stigmas. Yeah the word is offensive if a white person uses it but it's just as offensive if a black guy uses it.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 1:15:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
If one's views have changed with time then they shouldn't be punished by society for those past views.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,295
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 1:24:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 1:15:28 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
If one's views have changed with time then they shouldn't be punished by society for those past views.

Well, then you would have to admit racism is just bad behavior that can change as you get older, and not an institution.
YYW
Posts: 36,303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 1:48:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I agree that what happened to Hulk Hogan was stupid. I also think that PC has gone way too far.
Tsar of DDO
Agent_Orange
Posts: 2,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 2:23:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 6:38:22 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Protected class has its benefits.

Lol are you saying blacks are a protected class?
#BlackLivesMatter
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,295
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 2:24:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 2:23:17 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:38:22 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Protected class has its benefits.

Lol are you saying blacks are a protected class?

Are you saying racism is an institution and not bad behavior that you can grow out of?
Agent_Orange
Posts: 2,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 2:25:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 5:42:55 PM, Mikal wrote:
Hulk Hogan recently was removed from the wrestling hall of fame for using the word nigger. He said this while venting, in a private conversation, twelve years ago which was released without his consent. Hogan made one mistake 12 years ago and basically his entire past was tarnished for it. I think it's beyond severe and it kind of mind fuks me.

There has to be context of when you say the word and all people should be held to the same standards whether white or black.

If black people are allowed to use it because they are using it in a friendly way, then you are stigmatizing white people saying that every white person who uses the term uses it in a hateful way.

either (a) anyone can use it if it is not used in with hateful intent or (b) no one can use it because of how the word was used in the past.

You can't just judge the word and level how it is used because of skin color.

I think hogans punishment was to harsh

He didn't just say nigger in some passing way no he straight up called people niggers. You honestly don't think it's a problem?
#BlackLivesMatter
Agent_Orange
Posts: 2,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 2:26:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 2:24:27 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:23:17 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:38:22 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Protected class has its benefits.

Lol are you saying blacks are a protected class?

Are you saying racism is an institution and not bad behavior that you can grow out of?

Absolutely not but don't answer a question with a question.
#BlackLivesMatter
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,139
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 2:28:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 12:54:37 AM, Mikal wrote:
I get using words is contextual but to axe the dudes career for venting. Even if celebs are held to a higher standard it was to much.


I just wish all races were held to the same standards.


It's like if a black person says it no matter the context , it's chill

If a white person says it, it's always wrong

We let Spanish people get away with saying It if they chill with black people

What are all the stigmas. Yeah the word is offensive if a white person uses it but it's just as offensive if a black guy uses it.

Lots of misconceptions here. First of all, there is a huge difference depending on the way the word is pronounced. Outside of comedians like Dave Chappelle, you will almost never hear a black person use the word with a hard r.

Secondly, claiming that "if a white person says it it's always wrong" is way oversimplifying the issue. I've been in classes where white people say the word out loud (with the hard r) because we were talking about historical racism (discussing Huckleberry Finn, for example).

Another misconception: you talk about how "Spanish" people (I'm assuming you're referring to Hispanics, but that's a racial misunderstanding for another day) can get away with saying it if they're chill with black people. Well, guess what? I always see groups of friends (white, black, and Hispanic) use the word nigga with each other on the basketball court, and nobody gets offended. They are clearly using it as a synonym for dude, or guy. As in, "This nigga/dude/guy thought he could dunk on me..." Nobody is offended by this because there is no hateful intent. On the other hand, ranting about how you don't want a black person to have sex with your daughter is clearly a racist situation. This shouldn't be difficult to grasp.

TLDR: it has nothing to do with the color of the person using the word, but rather with the connotation of the word and whether it's being used as a slur or not. The hard r is a slur, which is why black people don't throw it around in casual conversation. Nor do most white people, only racists like Hulk Hogan.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,295
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 2:30:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 2:26:58 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:24:27 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:23:17 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:38:22 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Protected class has its benefits.

Lol are you saying blacks are a protected class?

Are you saying racism is an institution and not bad behavior that you can grow out of?

Absolutely not but don't answer a question with a question.

You are right.
http://en.wikipedia.org...
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,139
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 2:35:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 1:15:28 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
If one's views have changed with time then they shouldn't be punished by society for those past views.

This is the only reasonable objection I can see in this whole thread. If I said something 12 years ago, but since then have changed and no longer say or think those things, then yes it's somewhat unfair for me to be punished just because old audio surfaces. After all, I'm a changed person.

It's a tricky question for celebrities like Hogan though. Celebrities' sponsorship money potential relies on the public consuming their shows/movies/games/music and not boycotting them due to controversial opinions or actions. So if Hogan's employers thought they were going to lose money, it makes sense for them to fire him. It does suck for him if he has actually changed in the past 12 years. So it's unfair, but his bosses at the WWE are going to care about their sponsorship dollars over the fairness of firing him over old racist comments.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,295
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 2:40:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Blacks have the right to take pride in their race. Whites don't.
Blacks can never be racist. Whites are always racist, even if they don't try to be.
Blacks get to play the race card. Whites don't.
Blacks never have to feel guilty about being black. Whites are trained to feel guilty about being white.
Blacks have the right to make blacks only organizations like the Black Student Union and the Congressional Black Caucus.And BLM, Whites don't.
Blacks have the right to never take responsibility for their own actions. Anything bad which happens to a black person can be blamed on racism or white people. Whites have to take responsibility and apologize for their actions.
Rich black people have a right to be rich. Rich white people don't.
Black people have the right to demonize white people. White people don't have the right to demonize black people.
Black people are excused when they are prejudiced against white people. White people are never excused for prejudice against black people.
Black people are a "protected class." White people are not.
Violent crimes by whites on blacks are "hate crimes." Violent crimes by blacks on whites are just "random" crimes.
Blacks have the right to affirmative action and minority set-asides. Whites have to earn their positions.
Blacks are "cool." Whites are "squares" and "rednecks."
Blacks have the right to say words like "nigger," which whites are never allowed to use. They have the right to incessantly repeat the word "nigger" in front of white people, to intimidate them and keep them in their place.
Blacks can make the most racially insensitive comments and, more often than not, no one blinks twice. They are allowed to insult others without repercussion.
Blacks can spend their rent money on designer handbags and then complain about how they don"t have the same economic opportunities as everyone else. And they get away with it.
Blacks have "civil rights". Whites don't.
Blacks are in prison because of racism. Whites are in prison because they're criminals.
Black jury members have the right to acquit criminals, if they're black.
Blacks have the right to put a halt to any policy, statement, symbol, statistic, outcome, word or expression they find offensive. Whites have no such rights.
Blacks are morally superior to whites.
"[Blacks] enjoy cultural cache around the world as victors over oppression and the hard reality of what that looks like at this point in world history. The music that they enjoy, the clothes that they wear, their very mannerisms carry a certain amount of gravitas."
Blacks can assign collective racial guilt to "you white folks." White people cannot do the reverse because that would be racist.
White people everywhere, and at all times, bear guilt for the crimes of a minority of white people in the past (e.g., slave owners, Adolf Hitler). Making blacks bear guilt, as a race, for the despicable crimes of their criminal minority is stereotyping, racist, and an insult to reason; after all, no one should ever be blamed for the acts of some unrelated person.
Blacks have "black culture." Whites are not allowed to have white culture.
African-American studies is a celebration of blackness and black culture. Whiteness studies is a demonization of white people and white culture.
White people need to undergo diversity/sensitivity training. Black people don't.
"... any generalization--favorable or unfavorable--about any minority that someone does not like is by definition "racist" and deserves to be suppressed--as long as it is said by a white person. Black diversity consultants, in contrast, can parade, without a shred of empirical evidence, the grossest racial and ethnic stereotypes with virtual impunity."
It's racist to point out racism by blacks. It's never racist to point out racism by whites.
Whites have to walk on eggshells around blacks. Blacks don't give a crap what whites think.
Blacks have the right to riot and commit violent acts in response to perceived grievances. White people have to obey the law at all times.
Blacks have the right to never be portrayed as criminals or lowlifes in films or on TV. Bad guys on the screen must always be White.
Blacks have the right to never be ridiculed, mocked, belittled or laughed at. Whites have no such right.
Black criminals have the right to have their race censored in media reports.
Facts which cause blacks embarrassment or cast them in a bad light must be suppressed. Facts which cause whites embarrassment or cast them in a bad light are reported as is.
Blacks can silence and intimidate whites by calling them racist. Whites can't silence and intimidate blacks because that would be racist.
Forcing whitey to apologize shows black power and clout. Whites can never force blacks to apologize because that would constitute a lynching.
Whites are held to a system of 'sensitivity' requirements that do not apply to blacks.
"Whites are monitored, pestered, and punished for preposterous reasons--for a look, for an innocent word, for wearing a T-shirt, for expressing a plausible argument--but blacks can say almost anything with perfect impunity."
"In discussions of race between black people and white people the conscious black person is always right; is always the ultimate authority on questions having to do with race and racism; must always be regarded as the "injured party," or the oppressed. . . . [Whites] cannot possibly be expected to be objective about questions of race."
Blacks may work for explicitly racial goals but whites may not.
Blacks are permitted to notice race. Whites are not.
"It is quite acceptable for either party to explicitly go after the black, Hispanic, or even the Jewish vote. In fact both parties gain an indispensable moral authority by doing so. But it is absolutely verboten for either party, or any white candidate, to appeal to whites as a racial identity group. Racial identity is simply forbidden to whites in America and across the entire Western world. Black children today are hammered with the idea of racial identity and pride, yet racial pride in whites constitutes a grave evil. Say 'I'm white and I'm proud' and you are a National Socialist."
A black who punches a White person is a hero standing up to oppression. A White person who punches a black is a racist.
It can be publicly admitted that blacks are superior to Whites in certain pursuits (i.e. basketball). It can never be publicly admitted that Whites are superior to blacks in other pursuits (i.e. winning Nobel prizes in science).
When blacks are overrepresented in a desirable field, it is due to their abilities. When Whites are overrepresented in a desirable field, it is due to racism. When blacks are overrepresented in an undesirable field, it is due to racism. When Whites are overrepresented in an undesirable field, it is their own fault.
Most African countries are made up almost entirely of blacks, and have some of the world's highest birth rates. Most European countries consist of White people having to live alongside blacks and other non-whites, and have some of the world's lowest birth rates.

I don't really care, being part of a protected class is only one benefit.
Agent_Orange
Posts: 2,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 2:48:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 2:30:51 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:26:58 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:24:27 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:23:17 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:38:22 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Protected class has its benefits.

Lol are you saying blacks are a protected class?

Are you saying racism is an institution and not bad behavior that you can grow out of?

Absolutely not but don't answer a question with a question.

You are right.
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Oh. Ok. So by protected class you mean...everyone?
#BlackLivesMatter
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,295
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 2:49:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 2:48:00 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:30:51 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:26:58 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:24:27 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:23:17 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:38:22 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Protected class has its benefits.

Lol are you saying blacks are a protected class?

Are you saying racism is an institution and not bad behavior that you can grow out of?

Absolutely not but don't answer a question with a question.

You are right.
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Oh. Ok. So by protected class you mean...everyone?

All the EEO laws protect minorities, so no.
Agent_Orange
Posts: 2,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 3:01:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 2:49:08 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:48:00 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:30:51 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:26:58 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:24:27 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:23:17 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:38:22 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Protected class has its benefits.

Lol are you saying blacks are a protected class?

Are you saying racism is an institution and not bad behavior that you can grow out of?

Absolutely not but don't answer a question with a question.

You are right.
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Oh. Ok. So by protected class you mean...everyone?

All the EEO laws protect minorities, so no.

Well yes. They do protect minorities. But also majorities. You understand that right?

I mean I'll copy and paste from your link

The following characteristics are considered "Protected Classes" by Federal law:

Race " Civil Rights Act of 1964
Color " Civil Rights Act of 1964
Religion " Civil Rights Act of 1964
National origin " Civil Rights Act of 1964
Age (40 and over) " Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
Sex " Equal Pay Act of 1963 and Civil Rights Act of 1964
Pregnancy " Pregnancy Discrimination Act
Citizenship " Immigration Reform and Control Act
Familial status " Civil Rights Act of 1968 Title VIII: Housing cannot discriminate for having children, with an exception for senior housing
Disability status " Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
Veteran status " Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
Genetic information " Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act
Individual states can and do create other protected classes, which are protected under that state's law.

So.....like everyone is included in this list
#BlackLivesMatter
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,295
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 3:03:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 3:01:42 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:49:08 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:48:00 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:30:51 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:26:58 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:24:27 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:23:17 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:38:22 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Protected class has its benefits.

Lol are you saying blacks are a protected class?

Are you saying racism is an institution and not bad behavior that you can grow out of?

Absolutely not but don't answer a question with a question.

You are right.
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Oh. Ok. So by protected class you mean...everyone?

All the EEO laws protect minorities, so no.

Well yes. They do protect minorities. But also majorities. You understand that right?

I mean I'll copy and paste from your link

The following characteristics are considered "Protected Classes" by Federal law:

Race " Civil Rights Act of 1964
Color " Civil Rights Act of 1964
Religion " Civil Rights Act of 1964
National origin " Civil Rights Act of 1964
Age (40 and over) " Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
Sex " Equal Pay Act of 1963 and Civil Rights Act of 1964
Pregnancy " Pregnancy Discrimination Act
Citizenship " Immigration Reform and Control Act
Familial status " Civil Rights Act of 1968 Title VIII: Housing cannot discriminate for having children, with an exception for senior housing
Disability status " Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
Veteran status " Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
Genetic information " Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act
Individual states can and do create other protected classes, which are protected under that state's law.

So.....like everyone is included in this list

The application of the laws protects minorities, so, no. Majorities cannot be a protected class when applying anti-discriminatory laws.

Do you know of any?
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,139
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 3:10:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 2:40:45 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
Blacks have the right to take pride in their race. Whites don't.
Blacks can never be racist. Whites are always racist, even if they don't try to be.
Blacks get to play the race card. Whites don't.
Blacks never have to feel guilty about being black. Whites are trained to feel guilty about being white.
Blacks have the right to make blacks only organizations like the Black Student Union and the Congressional Black Caucus.And BLM, Whites don't.
Blacks have the right to never take responsibility for their own actions. Anything bad which happens to a black person can be blamed on racism or white people. Whites have to take responsibility and apologize for their actions.
Rich black people have a right to be rich. Rich white people don't.
Black people have the right to demonize white people. White people don't have the right to demonize black people.
Black people are excused when they are prejudiced against white people. White people are never excused for prejudice against black people.
Black people are a "protected class." White people are not.
Violent crimes by whites on blacks are "hate crimes." Violent crimes by blacks on whites are just "random" crimes.
Blacks have the right to affirmative action and minority set-asides. Whites have to earn their positions.
Blacks are "cool." Whites are "squares" and "rednecks."
Blacks have the right to say words like "nigger," which whites are never allowed to use. They have the right to incessantly repeat the word "nigger" in front of white people, to intimidate them and keep them in their place.
Blacks can make the most racially insensitive comments and, more often than not, no one blinks twice. They are allowed to insult others without repercussion.
Blacks can spend their rent money on designer handbags and then complain about how they don"t have the same economic opportunities as everyone else. And they get away with it.
Blacks have "civil rights". Whites don't.
Blacks are in prison because of racism. Whites are in prison because they're criminals.
Black jury members have the right to acquit criminals, if they're black.
Blacks have the right to put a halt to any policy, statement, symbol, statistic, outcome, word or expression they find offensive. Whites have no such rights.
Blacks are morally superior to whites.
"[Blacks] enjoy cultural cache around the world as victors over oppression and the hard reality of what that looks like at this point in world history. The music that they enjoy, the clothes that they wear, their very mannerisms carry a certain amount of gravitas."
Blacks can assign collective racial guilt to "you white folks." White people cannot do the reverse because that would be racist.
White people everywhere, and at all times, bear guilt for the crimes of a minority of white people in the past (e.g., slave owners, Adolf Hitler). Making blacks bear guilt, as a race, for the despicable crimes of their criminal minority is stereotyping, racist, and an insult to reason; after all, no one should ever be blamed for the acts of some unrelated person.
Blacks have "black culture." Whites are not allowed to have white culture.
African-American studies is a celebration of blackness and black culture. Whiteness studies is a demonization of white people and white culture.
White people need to undergo diversity/sensitivity training. Black people don't.
"... any generalization--favorable or unfavorable--about any minority that someone does not like is by definition "racist" and deserves to be suppressed--as long as it is said by a white person. Black diversity consultants, in contrast, can parade, without a shred of empirical evidence, the grossest racial and ethnic stereotypes with virtual impunity."
It's racist to point out racism by blacks. It's never racist to point out racism by whites.
Whites have to walk on eggshells around blacks. Blacks don't give a crap what whites think.
Blacks have the right to riot and commit violent acts in response to perceived grievances. White people have to obey the law at all times.
Blacks have the right to never be portrayed as criminals or lowlifes in films or on TV. Bad guys on the screen must always be White.
Blacks have the right to never be ridiculed, mocked, belittled or laughed at. Whites have no such right.
Black criminals have the right to have their race censored in media reports.
Facts which cause blacks embarrassment or cast them in a bad light must be suppressed. Facts which cause whites embarrassment or cast them in a bad light are reported as is.
Blacks can silence and intimidate whites by calling them racist. Whites can't silence and intimidate blacks because that would be racist.
Forcing whitey to apologize shows black power and clout. Whites can never force blacks to apologize because that would constitute a lynching.
Whites are held to a system of 'sensitivity' requirements that do not apply to blacks.
"Whites are monitored, pestered, and punished for preposterous reasons--for a look, for an innocent word, for wearing a T-shirt, for expressing a plausible argument--but blacks can say almost anything with perfect impunity."
"In discussions of race between black people and white people the conscious black person is always right; is always the ultimate authority on questions having to do with race and racism; must always be regarded as the "injured party," or the oppressed. . . . [Whites] cannot possibly be expected to be objective about questions of race."
Blacks may work for explicitly racial goals but whites may not.
Blacks are permitted to notice race. Whites are not.
"It is quite acceptable for either party to explicitly go after the black, Hispanic, or even the Jewish vote. In fact both parties gain an indispensable moral authority by doing so. But it is absolutely verboten for either party, or any white candidate, to appeal to whites as a racial identity group. Racial identity is simply forbidden to whites in America and across the entire Western world. Black children today are hammered with the idea of racial identity and pride, yet racial pride in whites constitutes a grave evil. Say 'I'm white and I'm proud' and you are a National Socialist."
A black who punches a White person is a hero standing up to oppression. A White person who punches a black is a racist.
It can be publicly admitted that blacks are superior to Whites in certain pursuits (i.e. basketball). It can never be publicly admitted that Whites are superior to blacks in other pursuits (i.e. winning Nobel prizes in science).
When blacks are overrepresented in a desirable field, it is due to their abilities. When Whites are overrepresented in a desirable field, it is due to racism. When blacks are overrepresented in an undesirable field, it is due to racism. When Whites are overrepresented in an undesirable field, it is their own fault.
Most African countries are made up almost entirely of blacks, and have some of the world's highest birth rates. Most European countries consist of White people having to live alongside blacks and other non-whites, and have some of the world's lowest birth rates.

I don't really care, being part of a protected class is only one benefit.

http://cdn.meme.am...
Agent_Orange
Posts: 2,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 3:16:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 3:03:30 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/10/2015 3:01:42 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:49:08 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:48:00 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:30:51 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:26:58 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:24:27 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:23:17 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:38:22 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Protected class has its benefits.

Lol are you saying blacks are a protected class?

Are you saying racism is an institution and not bad behavior that you can grow out of?

Absolutely not but don't answer a question with a question.

You are right.
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Oh. Ok. So by protected class you mean...everyone?

All the EEO laws protect minorities, so no.

Well yes. They do protect minorities. But also majorities. You understand that right?

I mean I'll copy and paste from your link

The following characteristics are considered "Protected Classes" by Federal law:

Race " Civil Rights Act of 1964
Color " Civil Rights Act of 1964
Religion " Civil Rights Act of 1964
National origin " Civil Rights Act of 1964
Age (40 and over) " Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
Sex " Equal Pay Act of 1963 and Civil Rights Act of 1964
Pregnancy " Pregnancy Discrimination Act
Citizenship " Immigration Reform and Control Act
Familial status " Civil Rights Act of 1968 Title VIII: Housing cannot discriminate for having children, with an exception for senior housing
Disability status " Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
Veteran status " Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
Genetic information " Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act
Individual states can and do create other protected classes, which are protected under that state's law.

So.....like everyone is included in this list

The application of the laws protects minorities, so, no. Majorities cannot be a protected class when applying anti-discriminatory laws.

Do you know of any?

Yes. They can. It says so right there.

Give me a group of majorities that these laws dont protect?
#BlackLivesMatter
jimtimmy8
Posts: 383
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 3:18:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 3:01:42 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:49:08 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:48:00 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:30:51 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:26:58 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:24:27 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:23:17 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:38:22 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Protected class has its benefits.

Lol are you saying blacks are a protected class?

Are you saying racism is an institution and not bad behavior that you can grow out of?

Absolutely not but don't answer a question with a question.

You are right.
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Oh. Ok. So by protected class you mean...everyone?

All the EEO laws protect minorities, so no.

Well yes. They do protect minorities. But also majorities. You understand that right?

I mean I'll copy and paste from your link

The following characteristics are considered "Protected Classes" by Federal law:

Race " Civil Rights Act of 1964
Color " Civil Rights Act of 1964
Religion " Civil Rights Act of 1964
National origin " Civil Rights Act of 1964
Age (40 and over) " Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
Sex " Equal Pay Act of 1963 and Civil Rights Act of 1964
Pregnancy " Pregnancy Discrimination Act
Citizenship " Immigration Reform and Control Act
Familial status " Civil Rights Act of 1968 Title VIII: Housing cannot discriminate for having children, with an exception for senior housing
Disability status " Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
Veteran status " Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
Genetic information " Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act
Individual states can and do create other protected classes, which are protected under that state's law.

So.....like everyone is included in this list

Except for straight white men. But who cares about SWM anyways. They are so privileged that they don't get any protections that every other group gets..
jimtimmy8
Posts: 383
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 3:19:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 3:16:58 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 9/10/2015 3:03:30 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/10/2015 3:01:42 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:49:08 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:48:00 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:30:51 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:26:58 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:24:27 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:23:17 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:38:22 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Protected class has its benefits.

Lol are you saying blacks are a protected class?

Are you saying racism is an institution and not bad behavior that you can grow out of?

Absolutely not but don't answer a question with a question.

You are right.
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Oh. Ok. So by protected class you mean...everyone?

All the EEO laws protect minorities, so no.

Well yes. They do protect minorities. But also majorities. You understand that right?

I mean I'll copy and paste from your link

The following characteristics are considered "Protected Classes" by Federal law:

Race " Civil Rights Act of 1964
Color " Civil Rights Act of 1964
Religion " Civil Rights Act of 1964
National origin " Civil Rights Act of 1964
Age (40 and over) " Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
Sex " Equal Pay Act of 1963 and Civil Rights Act of 1964
Pregnancy " Pregnancy Discrimination Act
Citizenship " Immigration Reform and Control Act
Familial status " Civil Rights Act of 1968 Title VIII: Housing cannot discriminate for having children, with an exception for senior housing
Disability status " Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
Veteran status " Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
Genetic information " Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act
Individual states can and do create other protected classes, which are protected under that state's law.

So.....like everyone is included in this list

The application of the laws protects minorities, so, no. Majorities cannot be a protected class when applying anti-discriminatory laws.

Do you know of any?

Yes. They can. It says so right there.

Give me a group of majorities that these laws dont protect?

Cis Straight White American Men. But, there theoretical privilege means they don't get actual privileges
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,295
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 3:21:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 3:16:58 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:

The application of the laws protects minorities, so, no. Majorities cannot be a protected class when applying anti-discriminatory laws.

Do you know of any?

Yes. They can. It says so right there.

Give me a group of majorities that these laws dont protect?

I'll repeat so you don't get confused.
Majorities cannot be considered a protected class when applying anti-discriminatory laws. Specifically, these laws will never apply to whites as long as they are in the majority.

Now you can find some isolated pockets around the country where the population is overwhelmingly black, in that case then yes, these laws can apply to a white as a minority. But that is pretty rare. In the overwhelming cases of anti-discrimination by race, legally, Blacks are represented as a protected class. period.
Agent_Orange
Posts: 2,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 3:22:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 2:40:45 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
Blacks have the right to take pride in their race. Whites don't.
Blacks can never be racist. Whites are always racist, even if they don't try to be.
Blacks get to play the race card. Whites don't.
Blacks never have to feel guilty about being black. Whites are trained to feel guilty about being white.
Blacks have the right to make blacks only organizations like the Black Student Union and the Congressional Black Caucus.And BLM, Whites don't.
Blacks have the right to never take responsibility for their own actions. Anything bad which happens to a black person can be blamed on racism or white people. Whites have to take responsibility and apologize for their actions.
Rich black people have a right to be rich. Rich white people don't.
Black people have the right to demonize white people. White people don't have the right to demonize black people.
Black people are excused when they are prejudiced against white people. White people are never excused for prejudice against black people.
Black people are a "protected class." White people are not.
Violent crimes by whites on blacks are "hate crimes." Violent crimes by blacks on whites are just "random" crimes.
Blacks have the right to affirmative action and minority set-asides. Whites have to earn their positions.
Blacks are "cool." Whites are "squares" and "rednecks."
Blacks have the right to say words like "nigger," which whites are never allowed to use. They have the right to incessantly repeat the word "nigger" in front of white people, to intimidate them and keep them in their place.
Blacks can make the most racially insensitive comments and, more often than not, no one blinks twice. They are allowed to insult others without repercussion.
Blacks can spend their rent money on designer handbags and then complain about how they don"t have the same economic opportunities as everyone else. And they get away with it.
Blacks have "civil rights". Whites don't.
Blacks are in prison because of racism. Whites are in prison because they're criminals.
Black jury members have the right to acquit criminals, if they're black.
Blacks have the right to put a halt to any policy, statement, symbol, statistic, outcome, word or expression they find offensive. Whites have no such rights.
Blacks are morally superior to whites.
"[Blacks] enjoy cultural cache around the world as victors over oppression and the hard reality of what that looks like at this point in world history. The music that they enjoy, the clothes that they wear, their very mannerisms carry a certain amount of gravitas."
Blacks can assign collective racial guilt to "you white folks." White people cannot do the reverse because that would be racist.
White people everywhere, and at all times, bear guilt for the crimes of a minority of white people in the past (e.g., slave owners, Adolf Hitler). Making blacks bear guilt, as a race, for the despicable crimes of their criminal minority is stereotyping, racist, and an insult to reason; after all, no one should ever be blamed for the acts of some unrelated person.
Blacks have "black culture." Whites are not allowed to have white culture.
African-American studies is a celebration of blackness and black culture. Whiteness studies is a demonization of white people and white culture.
White people need to undergo diversity/sensitivity training. Black people don't.
"... any generalization--favorable or unfavorable--about any minority that someone does not like is by definition "racist" and deserves to be suppressed--as long as it is said by a white person. Black diversity consultants, in contrast, can parade, without a shred of empirical evidence, the grossest racial and ethnic stereotypes with virtual impunity."
It's racist to point out racism by blacks. It's never racist to point out racism by whites.
Whites have to walk on eggshells around blacks. Blacks don't give a crap what whites think.
Blacks have the right to riot and commit violent acts in response to perceived grievances. White people have to obey the law at all times.
Blacks have the right to never be portrayed as criminals or lowlifes in films or on TV. Bad guys on the screen must always be White.
Blacks have the right to never be ridiculed, mocked, belittled or laughed at. Whites have no such right.
Black criminals have the right to have their race censored in media reports.
Facts which cause blacks embarrassment or cast them in a bad light must be suppressed. Facts which cause whites embarrassment or cast them in a bad light are reported as is.
Blacks can silence and intimidate whites by calling them racist. Whites can't silence and intimidate blacks because that would be racist.
Forcing whitey to apologize shows black power and clout. Whites can never force blacks to apologize because that would constitute a lynching.
Whites are held to a system of 'sensitivity' requirements that do not apply to blacks.
"Whites are monitored, pestered, and punished for preposterous reasons--for a look, for an innocent word, for wearing a T-shirt, for expressing a plausible argument--but blacks can say almost anything with perfect impunity."
"In discussions of race between black people and white people the conscious black person is always right; is always the ultimate authority on questions having to do with race and racism; must always be regarded as the "injured party," or the oppressed. . . . [Whites] cannot possibly be expected to be objective about questions of race."
Blacks may work for explicitly racial goals but whites may not.
Blacks are permitted to notice race. Whites are not.
"It is quite acceptable for either party to explicitly go after the black, Hispanic, or even the Jewish vote. In fact both parties gain an indispensable moral authority by doing so. But it is absolutely verboten for either party, or any white candidate, to appeal to whites as a racial identity group. Racial identity is simply forbidden to whites in America and across the entire Western world. Black children today are hammered with the idea of racial identity and pride, yet racial pride in whites constitutes a grave evil. Say 'I'm white and I'm proud' and you are a National Socialist."
A black who punches a White person is a hero standing up to oppression. A White person who punches a black is a racist.
It can be publicly admitted that blacks are superior to Whites in certain pursuits (i.e. basketball). It can never be publicly admitted that Whites are superior to blacks in other pursuits (i.e. winning Nobel prizes in science).
When blacks are overrepresented in a desirable field, it is due to their abilities. When Whites are overrepresented in a desirable field, it is due to racism. When blacks are overrepresented in an undesirable field, it is due to racism. When Whites are overrepresented in an undesirable field, it is their own fault.
Most African countries are made up almost entirely of blacks, and have some of the world's highest birth rates. Most European countries consist of White people having to live alongside blacks and other non-whites, and have some of the world's lowest birth rates.

I don't really care, being part of a protected class is only one benefit.

Ok lol. Tell you what. Would you care to defend all these points in a formal debate? I'm straight up challenging you.
#BlackLivesMatter
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,295
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 3:23:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/10/2015 3:22:14 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 9/10/2015 2:40:45 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
Blacks have the right to take pride in their race. Whites don't.
Blacks can never be racist. Whites are always racist, even if they don't try to be.
Blacks get to play the race card. Whites don't.
Blacks never have to feel guilty about being black. Whites are trained to feel guilty about being white.
Blacks have the right to make blacks only organizations like the Black Student Union and the Congressional Black Caucus.And BLM, Whites don't.
Blacks have the right to never take responsibility for their own actions. Anything bad which happens to a black person can be blamed on racism or white people. Whites have to take responsibility and apologize for their actions.
Rich black people have a right to be rich. Rich white people don't.
Black people have the right to demonize white people. White people don't have the right to demonize black people.
Black people are excused when they are prejudiced against white people. White people are never excused for prejudice against black people.
Black people are a "protected class." White people are not.
Violent crimes by whites on blacks are "hate crimes." Violent crimes by blacks on whites are just "random" crimes.
Blacks have the right to affirmative action and minority set-asides. Whites have to earn their positions.
Blacks are "cool." Whites are "squares" and "rednecks."
Blacks have the right to say words like "nigger," which whites are never allowed to use. They have the right to incessantly repeat the word "nigger" in front of white people, to intimidate them and keep them in their place.
Blacks can make the most racially insensitive comments and, more often than not, no one blinks twice. They are allowed to insult others without repercussion.
Blacks can spend their rent money on designer handbags and then complain about how they don"t have the same economic opportunities as everyone else. And they get away with it.
Blacks have "civil rights". Whites don't.
Blacks are in prison because of racism. Whites are in prison because they're criminals.
Black jury members have the right to acquit criminals, if they're black.
Blacks have the right to put a halt to any policy, statement, symbol, statistic, outcome, word or expression they find offensive. Whites have no such rights.
Blacks are morally superior to whites.
"[Blacks] enjoy cultural cache around the world as victors over oppression and the hard reality of what that looks like at this point in world history. The music that they enjoy, the clothes that they wear, their very mannerisms carry a certain amount of gravitas."
Blacks can assign collective racial guilt to "you white folks." White people cannot do the reverse because that would be racist.
White people everywhere, and at all times, bear guilt for the crimes of a minority of white people in the past (e.g., slave owners, Adolf Hitler). Making blacks bear guilt, as a race, for the despicable crimes of their criminal minority is stereotyping, racist, and an insult to reason; after all, no one should ever be blamed for the acts of some unrelated person.
Blacks have "black culture." Whites are not allowed to have white culture.
African-American studies is a celebration of blackness and black culture. Whiteness studies is a demonization of white people and white culture.
White people need to undergo diversity/sensitivity training. Black people don't.
"... any generalization--favorable or unfavorable--about any minority that someone does not like is by definition "racist" and deserves to be suppressed--as long as it is said by a white person. Black diversity consultants, in contrast, can parade, without a shred of empirical evidence, the grossest racial and ethnic stereotypes with virtual impunity."
It's racist to point out racism by blacks. It's never racist to point out racism by whites.
Whites have to walk on eggshells around blacks. Blacks don't give a crap what whites think.
Blacks have the right to riot and commit violent acts in response to perceived grievances. White people have to obey the law at all times.
Blacks have the right to never be portrayed as criminals or lowlifes in films or on TV. Bad guys on the screen must always be White.
Blacks have the right to never be ridiculed, mocked, belittled or laughed at. Whites have no such right.
Black criminals have the right to have their race censored in media reports.
Facts which cause blacks embarrassment or cast them in a bad light must be suppressed. Facts which cause whites embarrassment or cast them in a bad light are reported as is.
Blacks can silence and intimidate whites by calling them racist. Whites can't silence and intimidate blacks because that would be racist.
Forcing whitey to apologize shows black power and clout. Whites can never force blacks to apologize because that would constitute a lynching.
Whites are held to a system of 'sensitivity' requirements that do not apply to blacks.
"Whites are monitored, pestered, and punished for preposterous reasons--for a look, for an innocent word, for wearing a T-shirt, for expressing a plausible argument--but blacks can say almost anything with perfect impunity."
"In discussions of race between black people and white people the conscious black person is always right; is always the ultimate authority on questions having to do with race and racism; must always be regarded as the "injured party," or the oppressed. . . . [Whites] cannot possibly be expected to be objective about questions of race."
Blacks may work for explicitly racial goals but whites may not.
Blacks are permitted to notice race. Whites are not.
"It is quite acceptable for either party to explicitly go after the black, Hispanic, or even the Jewish vote. In fact both parties gain an indispensable moral authority by doing so. But it is absolutely verboten for either party, or any white candidate, to appeal to whites as a racial identity group. Racial identity is simply forbidden to whites in America and across the entire Western world. Black children today are hammered with the idea of racial identity and pride, yet racial pride in whites constitutes a grave evil. Say 'I'm white and I'm proud' and you are a National Socialist."
A black who punches a White person is a hero standing up to oppression. A White person who punches a black is a racist.
It can be publicly admitted that blacks are superior to Whites in certain pursuits (i.e. basketball). It can never be publicly admitted that Whites are superior to blacks in other pursuits (i.e. winning Nobel prizes in science).
When blacks are overrepresented in a desirable field, it is due to their abilities. When Whites are overrepresented in a desirable field, it is due to racism. When blacks are overrepresented in an undesirable field, it is due to racism. When Whites are overrepresented in an undesirable field, it is their own fault.
Most African countries are made up almost entirely of blacks, and have some of the world's highest birth rates. Most European countries consist of White people having to live alongside blacks and other non-whites, and have some of the world's lowest birth rates.

I don't really care, being part of a protected class is only one benefit.

Ok lol. Tell you what. Would you care to defend all these points in a formal debate? I'm straight up challenging you.

If even one of these points is true, something is really screwed up.