Jump to topic:

Al-Zawahiri Declares War on Al Bagdadi

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 9:48:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
It was only a matter of time before it would occur, but it was made officially after the split of the two organizations. After the death of Bin Ladin US intellegence noted a huge rifted in Al Qaeda's policies and much division begin to occur. One of the major differences in the two groups is that Al Qaeda opperates out of a cell like movement. Much like the Soviet system. This was done so that if you kill the number 1 guy of 1 group the group is still intact. Which was one of the reasons the Soviets prospered so much. In modern day this is why you hear every now and then on the news that the US killed the number 2 or number 3 guy in Al Qaeda. What they mean is the number 2 or 3 guy in that sector. Not the entire organization which would be difficult to determine. ISIS on the other hand opperates as a state. Al Qaeda along side the Taliban have been fighting an ISIS group in northern Afghanistan. Though it hasn't been until now that Al-Zawahiri has openly condemned ISIS. (http://news.yahoo.com...)

Thoughts?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 9:50:07 PM
At 9/10/2015 9:48:10 PM, lannan13 wrote:
It was only a matter of time before it would occur, but it was made officially after the split of the two organizations. After the death of Bin Ladin US intellegence noted a huge rifted in Al Qaeda's policies and much division begin to occur. One of the major differences in the two groups is that Al Qaeda opperates out of a cell like movement. Much like the Soviet system. This was done so that if you kill the number 1 guy of 1 group the group is still intact. Which was one of the reasons the Soviets prospered so much. In modern day this is why you hear every now and then on the news that the US killed the number 2 or number 3 guy in Al Qaeda. What they mean is the number 2 or 3 guy in that sector. Not the entire organization which would be difficult to determine. ISIS on the other hand opperates as a state. Al Qaeda along side the Taliban have been fighting an ISIS group in northern Afghanistan. Though it hasn't been until now that Al-Zawahiri has openly condemned ISIS. (http://news.yahoo.com...)

Thoughts?

Maybe they'll take of each other so we won't have to get involved.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 9:52:34 PM
At 9/10/2015 9:50:07 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

Thoughts?

The US have been providing the two sides with info so that they would engage in more fire fights and so far it has been working. I'm sure that the reason Al-Qaeda wasn't able to capitalize on 9/11 years afterwords was due to the internal rifts with the ISIS affiliate.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 10:20:14 PM
At 9/10/2015 9:52:34 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Thoughts?

The US have been providing the two sides with info so that they would engage in more fire fights and so far it has been working. I'm sure that the reason Al-Qaeda wasn't able to capitalize on 9/11 years afterwords was due to the internal rifts with the ISIS affiliate.

Plot twist: ISIS helped us. :P
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2015 1:40:07 AM
(http://cdn.meme.am...)
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2015 2:01:15 AM

Thoughts?

al-Baghdadi expanded into Syria when he sent Abu Mohammad al-Julani in to take advantage of the civil war. They were both Al Qaeda operatives at the time, but al-Baghdadi combined the holdings of the al-Nusra Front in Syria and Sunni holdings in Iraq to create the IS, which deprived al-Julani of his leadership and caused a schism between them. al-Zawahiri was consulted in order to resolve the conflict, and he stated that ISIS should be abolished and the domains split. When al-Baghdadi ignored this and attack the al-Nusra Front, taking most of their territory for himself, he essentially declared war on al-Qaeda over a year ago. It was really quite a brilliant political maneuver, especially when you look at the subsequent takeover of northern Iraq. What we are seeing in Afghanistan is just another move in an ongoing, quiet power struggle for control of the the Sunni faction in the Middle East, who are themselves being manipulated by extremists exploiting a potent Sunni-Shi'a divide and using borders irreflective of religious demographics to build a shadow state.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2015 2:03:07 AM

Thoughts?

If the Sunni-Shi'a divide isn't resolved, another group will just step in to fill the vacuum. A political opportunity like that will not go without exploitation. You also have to realize that there are three giants quietly watching from this conflict's sidelines: Turkey, Iran, and Saudi Arabia.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2015 3:17:19 AM

Thoughts?

Thoughts? They are nuts. We have a guy declaring himself the successor to Mohammed - king of all Islam, and another drafting off the success of his predecessor.

I can't express how little I care about this little bit of hell on earth that is the M.E.