How political debates should be done:

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 3:38:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/17/2015 3:01:06 AM, ShabShoral wrote:

I love you. These two were the best. My favorite is Buckley destroying culture warriors on drug legalization.
"See now Oblivion shimmering all around us, its very tranquility deadlier than tempest. How little all our keels have troubled it."
- Lord Dunsany -

"Over her head the stars, the thoughts of God in the heavens,
Shone on the eyes of man, who had ceased to marvel and worship"
- Henry Longfellow -

"We enjoy, we see nothing by direct vision; but only by reflection, and in anatomical dismemberment."
- Thomas Carlyle -
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 3:48:31 AM
At 9/17/2015 3:38:07 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

I love you. These two were the best. My favorite is Buckley destroying culture warriors on drug legalization.

Have you seen the new documentary about them, "Best of Enemies"? It was the most entertaining movie of the year - brilliantly done.
I would prefer not to.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 4:02:31 AM
At 9/17/2015 3:48:31 AM, ShabShoral wrote:

Have you seen the new documentary about them, "Best of Enemies"? It was the most entertaining movie of the year - brilliantly done.

Noooo, I'd probably like it! On which channel did it air?

You'll never find this sort of civilized, intelligent discourse anymore, which is sad. Our entire culture is so dull and crass that it makes such things impossible.
"See now Oblivion shimmering all around us, its very tranquility deadlier than tempest. How little all our keels have troubled it."
- Lord Dunsany -

"Over her head the stars, the thoughts of God in the heavens,
Shone on the eyes of man, who had ceased to marvel and worship"
- Henry Longfellow -

"We enjoy, we see nothing by direct vision; but only by reflection, and in anatomical dismemberment."
- Thomas Carlyle -
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 4:20:49 AM
At 9/17/2015 4:02:31 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 9/17/2015 3:48:31 AM, ShabShoral wrote:

Noooo, I'd probably like it! On which channel did it air?
I saw it in a theatre a month or so ago. It's still in limited release it looks like - here are the places showing it (and scheduled to show it): http://www.magpictures.com...

You'll never find this sort of civilized, intelligent discourse anymore, which is sad. Our entire culture is so dull and crass that it makes such things impossible.
To be fair, Buckley did call Vidal a queer and threatened to punch him, but he was still 10x classier than Rush Limbaugh, which really says something.
I would prefer not to.