Total Posts:5|Showing Posts:1-5
Jump to topic:

How political debates should be done:

ShabShoral
Posts: 3,235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 3:01:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,285
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 3:38:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/17/2015 3:01:06 AM, ShabShoral wrote:


I love you. These two were the best. My favorite is Buckley destroying culture warriors on drug legalization.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 3:48:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/17/2015 3:38:07 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 9/17/2015 3:01:06 AM, ShabShoral wrote:


I love you. These two were the best. My favorite is Buckley destroying culture warriors on drug legalization.



Have you seen the new documentary about them, "Best of Enemies"? It was the most entertaining movie of the year - brilliantly done.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,285
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 4:02:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/17/2015 3:48:31 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 9/17/2015 3:38:07 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 9/17/2015 3:01:06 AM, ShabShoral wrote:


I love you. These two were the best. My favorite is Buckley destroying culture warriors on drug legalization.



Have you seen the new documentary about them, "Best of Enemies"? It was the most entertaining movie of the year - brilliantly done.

Noooo, I'd probably like it! On which channel did it air?

You'll never find this sort of civilized, intelligent discourse anymore, which is sad. Our entire culture is so dull and crass that it makes such things impossible.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2015 4:20:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/17/2015 4:02:31 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 9/17/2015 3:48:31 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 9/17/2015 3:38:07 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 9/17/2015 3:01:06 AM, ShabShoral wrote:


I love you. These two were the best. My favorite is Buckley destroying culture warriors on drug legalization.



Have you seen the new documentary about them, "Best of Enemies"? It was the most entertaining movie of the year - brilliantly done.

Noooo, I'd probably like it! On which channel did it air?
I saw it in a theatre a month or so ago. It's still in limited release it looks like - here are the places showing it (and scheduled to show it): http://www.magpictures.com...

You'll never find this sort of civilized, intelligent discourse anymore, which is sad. Our entire culture is so dull and crass that it makes such things impossible.
To be fair, Buckley did call Vidal a queer and threatened to punch him, but he was still 10x classier than Rush Limbaugh, which really says something.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz