Total Posts:192|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Shari'a Law

Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 7:46:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I wish to explain Shari'a Law to people here in a summarized post when I find an appointment, and any subjects that you want covered are welcome to be mentioned. In this thread, I will not discuss or tell about it, but rather read your suggestions about what you want to know more of, so that I can make sure I got it covered.

Thank you in advance.
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 7:47:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Do you believe that non-Muslims should be forced to obey Shari'a law?
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 7:52:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/11/2010 7:47:56 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
Do you believe that non-Muslims should be forced to obey Shari'a law?
Thanks, come with more if you think of something.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 7:55:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/11/2010 7:53:49 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Here's something that might be good to address, the killing of apostates.
I will cover that too.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 7:57:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/11/2010 7:55:05 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/11/2010 7:53:49 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Here's something that might be good to address, the killing of apostates.
I will cover that too.

Yea, good. Alot of people misunderstand that issue.
Chrysippus
Posts: 2,173
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 8:32:43 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
How about capital punishment for property crimes? One hears rumours; it'd be nice to have them cleared up.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 8:33:46 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/12/2010 5:59:56 PM, Puck wrote:
Whose interpretation of Sharia will you be using as a basis?

Will not be covered. lol

How strict should it be followed?
If non-believers are forced into it, should they be treated less strictly than believers?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2010 1:19:51 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
How to go about punishment? <I doubt you would adopt the rock throwing method, but I may be misinformed as to your intention>
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2010 1:21:49 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/13/2010 1:20:48 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Marriage too. It seems there's rumours about men in the middle east marrying young girls.

On the topic of marriage, temporary marriage.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2010 1:24:26 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/13/2010 1:21:49 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 9/13/2010 1:20:48 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Marriage too. It seems there's rumours about men in the middle east marrying young girls.

On the topic of marriage, temporary marriage.

Mirza is against that as it's a Shi'a practice.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2010 1:26:41 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/13/2010 1:24:26 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/13/2010 1:21:49 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 9/13/2010 1:20:48 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Marriage too. It seems there's rumours about men in the middle east marrying young girls.

On the topic of marriage, temporary marriage.

Mirza is against that as it's a Shi'a practice.

He's explaining the law. It could be leal under the law and still have a majority against it.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2010 1:43:03 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/13/2010 1:19:51 AM, lovelife wrote:
How to go about punishment? <I doubt you would adopt the rock throwing method, but I may be misinformed as to your intention>
Forms of punishment, if that what you mean?
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2010 1:43:41 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/13/2010 1:20:48 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Marriage too. It seems there's rumours about men in the middle east marrying young girls.
OK, so the ruling on marriage? Age etc.?
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2010 1:45:31 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/13/2010 1:43:41 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/13/2010 1:20:48 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Marriage too. It seems there's rumours about men in the middle east marrying young girls.
OK, so the ruling on marriage? Age etc.?

Yes. Can muslim men actually marry children after they have their first menstrual cycle?
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2010 1:46:36 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/13/2010 1:45:31 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/13/2010 1:43:41 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/13/2010 1:20:48 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Marriage too. It seems there's rumours about men in the middle east marrying young girls.
OK, so the ruling on marriage? Age etc.?

Yes. Can muslim men actually marry children after they have their first menstrual cycle?
OK I will cover that.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2010 1:47:28 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/13/2010 1:43:03 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/13/2010 1:19:51 AM, lovelife wrote:
How to go about punishment? <I doubt you would adopt the rock throwing method, but I may be misinformed as to your intention>
Forms of punishment, if that what you mean?
"is" not "if."
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2010 4:44:49 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/13/2010 4:43:24 AM, innomen wrote:
How would i fare in a society of this law being an openly gay man who lives with his partner?
Thanks, that will be included.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2010 5:07:29 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/13/2010 1:47:28 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/13/2010 1:43:03 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/13/2010 1:19:51 AM, lovelife wrote:
How to go about punishment? <I doubt you would adopt the rock throwing method, but I may be misinformed as to your intention>
Forms of punishment, if that what you mean?
"is" not "if."
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2010 10:50:54 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
It seems a major flaw in Islam is that there is no one central authority in which the entire religion rolls up to. If you had something like a pope all your troubles would be solved. It also seems odd that such an authoritative religion would not have such a single source of power and Qu'aranic interpretation.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2010 11:04:01 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/13/2010 10:50:54 AM, innomen wrote:
It seems a major flaw in Islam is that there is no one central authority in which the entire religion rolls up to. If you had something like a pope all your troubles would be solved. It also seems odd that such an authoritative religion would not have such a single source of power and Qu'aranic interpretation.
We have...
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2010 11:04:49 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/13/2010 10:26:23 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Islamic finance.
I may get into it, but I have planned earlier to make a separate thread for that because it is too broad to be with everything else, so that will mostly be for another time.