Jump to topic:

The possibility and advantages of a the UAR

glory_lyfe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2015 4:35:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The UAR is the United African republic which would consist of subsaharan countries in Africa. In this forum I want to discuss the advantages of this, I want to discuss the possibility of this and I want to promote the cause of uniting sub-Saharan Africa. Please like the Facebook page http://www.Facebook.com... . Such a nation would boost the member nations economy by significantly increasing stability thereby attracting new jobs. Paying an African to do work is very cheap, far cheaper than America it would provide Industrial Age jobs. African leaders have supported similar ideas before but they fell apart for economic and political reasons. One of them being that northern Islamic Africa and subsaharan Christian Africa would never unite. By limiting the deal to Christian Africa and it's generally poorer and smaller nations like Uganda, Mozambique Ethiopia etc. we can hope to increase the power of such an nation and slowly garner more land like the DRC and maybe even South Africa. I say we for lack of a better pronoun.
You have enemies? Good that means you have stood up for something in your life.
-Winston Churchill
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2015 6:38:13 PM
It's a creative idea. It would hopefully turn out better than the United Arab Republic sixty years prior.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2015 12:28:10 AM
At 9/19/2015 4:35:52 AM, glory_lyfe wrote:
The UAR is the United African republic which would consist of subsaharan countries in Africa. In this forum I want to discuss the advantages of this, I want to discuss the possibility of this and I want to promote the cause of uniting sub-Saharan Africa. Please like the Facebook page http://www.Facebook.com... . Such a nation would boost the member nations economy by significantly increasing stability thereby attracting new jobs. Paying an African to do work is very cheap, far cheaper than America it would provide Industrial Age jobs. African leaders have supported similar ideas before but they fell apart for economic and political reasons. One of them being that northern Islamic Africa and subsaharan Christian Africa would never unite. By limiting the deal to Christian Africa and it's generally poorer and smaller nations like Uganda, Mozambique Ethiopia etc. we can hope to increase the power of such an nation and slowly garner more land like the DRC and maybe even South Africa. I say we for lack of a better pronoun.

Does the African Union (AU) not count?
glory_lyfe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2015 3:06:46 PM
The african union doesn't count, it is an economic union not a political unification, germany and france are seperate countries even though they are part of the EU
-Winston Churchill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 5:48:59 PM
At 9/20/2015 3:06:46 PM, glory_lyfe wrote:
The african union doesn't count, it is an economic union not a political unification, germany and france are seperate countries even though they are part of the EU

The EU and the AU (and also the USAN) are both politico-economic unions. They share qualities of both systems.

And I don't get notifications of your response unless you use the reply to post option. I am not notified if you make an entirely new post.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 11:41:59 PM
At 9/19/2015 4:35:52 AM, glory_lyfe wrote:

So essentially, the union would be similar to the United States of America?

the AU is totally different, btw., I agree with you there.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
glory_lyfe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 6:27:12 PM
it is a federation not a unified group of states though
-Winston Churchill