Jump to topic:

Vote Or Die

SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2010 4:01:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Should we have a vote or die campaign (we're not really gonna kill you just annoy the hell out of you till you vote)? I want your opinions.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2010 5:27:26 PM
to be little arsey about it, do you really want someone who needs to be threatened with death to vote to be voting? :P
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2010 5:55:47 PM
Somehow the threat of "vote or die" seems contrary to some of the positions I'm sure will be advocated in the election. Hmm.
President of DDO
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2010 7:03:00 PM
Annoy the non-voters, and they will most likely either:
A)Not do anything.
B)Vote for the other party out of spite.
Annoy the people voting for the other party, and they will most likely :
A)Keep voting for the other party.
B)Go back to non-voting.
C)Kill you.
I wouldn't advise pestering people.
I miss the old members.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2010 9:14:45 PM
Voting results in killing someone when it accomplishes anything, so it can be rephrased as "kill or die."
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
mcc1789
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 3:05:38 AM
Don't vote, organize. Take it to the street. Representative democracy is a sham, it's an elected oligarchy. We choose masters every few years. As for me, I choose no masters. Direct democracy is real, and more practical than ever with technology of today. Fool us once: shame on us. Fool us the last zillion times: you're going down.

Personally I'm in favor of democracy, which means that the central institutions in the society have to be under popular control. Now, under capitalism we can't have democracy by definition. Capitalism is a system in which the central institutions of society are in principle under autocratic control. Thus, a corporation or an industry is, if we were to think of it in political terms, fascist; that is, it has tight control at the top and strict obedience has to be established at every level -- there's a little bargaining, a little give and take, but the line of authority is perfectly straight-forward. Just as I'm opposed to political fascism, I'm opposed to economic fascism. I think that until major institutions of society are under the popular control of participants and communities, it's pointless to talk about democracy.-Noam Chomsky

If voting changed anything, they'd abolish it.-Ken Livingston

We vote? What does that mean?-Emma Goldman
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.-Philip K. Dick
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 2:41:14 PM
I never really understood that value that everyone needs to vote. Those who don't are probably the ones we wouldn't want to have in the booth. It's a faulty premise that everyone should vote. Why should everyone vote? If they don't want to vote they should be free not to vote.