Jump to topic:

Bias

Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2015 11:22:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
If you talked to me in the real world, you"d probably think I was a leftist. And I mean, I am a leftist in some respects. Certainly with regard to respect for my fellow man. I don"t want anyone left out in the cold, and that"s not just for me; that"s common decency.

As far as agenda goes, however, well, that"s a trickier one. First off, I"m going to die. And you might say, "Oh, but that shouldn"t interfere with politics much, should it?" But man, does it ever.

How about an anecdote. Well, I took a politics class recently. And, of course, I drink the odd bit " the very odd bit. So I"m walking around, on my way to class, with my own special brand of hangover: I hypothesise that the brain sort of loses the run of the limbs after a night of boozing, leaving you with this strange feeling " disorientation " where everything"s not lining up all that great. And there"s all these cripples around too, to make matters worse, and now I"m feeling a bit nauseous. (Colleges are where you go if you want to look at hundreds of cripples is about the extent of my education so far.)

Anyway, ends up I get to class all right. And I"m sitting right there in the front, having only been able to stumble so far in the door. And I"m paying no attention. (Well, that"s not true. I"m half-listening and surmising that my lecturer is a Christian by the colloquialisms he"s using. And turns out I"m right, but I digress.)

Finally, after some moments collecting myself, I look up. First, I notice the bum nose. It looks like putty. Next, it"s becoming clearer and clearer to me that my lecturer is missing nearly all the fingers on his right hand, and it probably takes me a while to really get the measure of them what with how expressive he"s being with that hand. And now I"m feeling that nausea. Hell, I"m having a mini-panic attack. I"m looking for the door. I"m looking to excuse myself. God, I want to curl up in a ball here on the floor. The whole world has conspired against me this morning.

But I pull through. And how do I do it? Well, God. I don"t know what it was. I don"t know if I didn"t just pull the wool over my own eyes, stimulate some receptor by some complete nonsense, which then injected me with a happy dose of some chemical, or I don"t know if God Himself didn"t step into that room and rub my belly for me" But, end result is: I calm down. But now I"m brimming with religion too.

So I"m sitting there " content now " and this chap is talking, and I"m wondering what am I supposed to be learning here, what"s the purpose of this class" I can"t find one. Isn"t this all belonged to God? What am I, some instrument? What"s God"s will, utopia? I"m completely lost. Is this just how it"s got to be? I"m gone full conservative Christian or something. And honestly, I"m still lost.

But when you say I"m biased, because I come out with something, and, no, I"m only trying to push some agenda" Here"s the God"s honest truth: I don"t have an agenda. I have nothing. I have, at the most, a human heart, and that heart"s strings are being pulled. And maybe that"s the same as bias, but I think it"s gone from dishonest bias " and everything is bias, really, right?

Can you imagine a world without the pressures of capitalism, trying to hammer out your place in it, all that? I had a primary school teacher, retired recently, but she never married, goes home every night to nine Alsatians" Well, I guess it seems to paint a little bit of a picture. Not that the primary school kids are ever possibly going to eat her alive " But never married, you know, just seems a bit of a picture of how she"s taking on the world: doesn"t need no man, taming it all herself, kids and dogs" And maybe that"s nonsense, but it strikes me as sort of resoundingly beautiful. Severe woman; always was. But what I mean is: it would almost be something after mass-euthanasia to get rid of all that. It would be the loss of all human character. It would be the loss of such amazing beauty...

How does one like me be political, then? How does one like me have an agenda? I think I'll just write, if I can ever get any sort of half-decent writing ability going. I mean I am lost. I admit that. But when you hear about kids shooting up their schools, their classmates " that is something very wrong. Believe me, I'm measured in what I'm saying. There are some moments in that that I could turn the world on its head, euthanise it, but I'm nowhere near lost in such righteous indignation. I mean, I don't know. And I'm going to die. I think I'm being objective here, lol.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2015 11:25:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I guess maybe that primary school teacher was 'getting them while they were young' or something? Might have eaten her alive, still, if she hadn't?
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.