Jump to topic:

Thoughts on Technocracy?

The_Aspiring_Sociologist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 11:51:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Is it a good idea? Could it work? I am uncertain about the idea myself, for I would rather have democracy, but maybe it could be a good change?
Care about our Earth and it's people!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 12:07:36 AM
At 10/7/2015 11:51:22 PM, The_Aspiring_Sociologist wrote:
Is it a good idea? Could it work? I am uncertain about the idea myself, for I would rather have democracy, but maybe it could be a good change?

I think we should have a heroinocracy.
Tsar of DDO
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 9:18:32 AM
At 10/7/2015 11:51:22 PM, The_Aspiring_Sociologist wrote:

I mean we kind of already have a technocracy with elements of democracy. We already have experts in charge of the FDA, federal reserve and city planning etc. etc. How do you like the current system?
The_Aspiring_Sociologist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 12:22:05 PM
At 10/8/2015 9:18:32 AM, Wylted wrote:
I mean we kind of already have a technocracy with elements of democracy. We already have experts in charge of the FDA, federal reserve and city planning etc. etc. How do you like the current system?

I really don't know how I feel about it...In a way, I can see some benifits to it, but I don't know about scientists and technologists ruling an entire government. Maybe it would be good? Then again, they might press for "mandatory" things, such as GMOs, shots, etc... I know America is already a bit like that, but at least we have a choice.

To be honnest, I would change a lot in the current system if I were president, such as the school systems, decrease the size of the government, bad GMOs, make products that are shipped into America have a better workplace (e.g. Sweatshops, human trafficking); I would make sure that each company had the same laws apply as the child labor laws, or humane workplaces.

I am for the green party, so a lot of veiws from there would apply also, such as green enegry sources, affordable education...etc.
Care about our Earth and it's people!