Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

gun supporters or gun control people - agree?

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 10:23:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The NRA sucks rocks.

Every conversation I have with gun supporters are has sanity, agreement on issues that the NRA spend enormous effort to resist.

Can we agree that the NRA is a common foe?
Mr_Anderson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2015 12:24:36 AM
The NRA is a 2-edged sword. The good is that they'll never let any gun legislation through. The bad is they'll never let any gun legislation through. There have been a few decent ideas that have come through congress that have been shot down, like the 3-day pass n'go repeal law. That should've passed. But they also prevented another "assault weapons" ban from going through. So I guess I only support the NRA whenever big things like bans or a$inine restrictions come down the line. Other than that, I don't touch them with a 10-foot pole.
Mr_Anderson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2015 1:32:14 AM
The sane people need to take it over so the things that could actually do something good without hampering gun owners could pass, while blocking stupid things.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2015 2:57:16 PM
At 10/9/2015 1:32:14 AM, Mr_Anderson wrote:
The sane people need to take it over so the things that could actually do something good without hampering gun owners could pass, while blocking stupid things.

That would be good for all.

Look, I think there are reasonable people on the gun-supporter side. I have given up on any thought of "banning" in any real way (was never FOR outright banning guns), and I have seen NO actual attempts from serious people to outright ban guns. When I talk with gun-supporters, I hear lots of the "sane" restrictions discussed - FROM THEM. It seems each side is radicalized NOT at the grass-roots, but at the level where compromise is intended to happen. The culprit I can point to is the NRA.
Todd0611
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2015 3:17:03 PM
At 10/9/2015 2:57:16 PM, TBR wrote:

Look, I think there are reasonable people on the gun-supporter side. I have given up on any thought of "banning" in any real way (was never FOR outright banning guns), and I have seen NO actual attempts from serious people to outright ban guns. When I talk with gun-supporters, I hear lots of the "sane" restrictions discussed - FROM THEM. It seems each side is radicalized NOT at the grass-roots, but at the level where compromise is intended to happen. The culprit I can point to is the NRA.

I would agree, especially about that last sentence. It seems the people in Washington are on a totally different playing field, and our opinions really don't hold much sway, unless you have gobs of money, and know any "insiders". They are so concerned about their power, status, money, that they will cling to any idea (crazy, extreme, whatever), just so that they don't lose any grip on their power. There's no humility in Washington, no governing for the "people", it's really all about what they can get for themselves, and do just enough for the common man to pacify him.

Not a very optimistic view, I know, but compromise, and common sense get pushed aside for popularity, status, control, and power....maybe I didn't have enough coffee this morning.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2015 5:20:15 PM
I would agree, especially about that last sentence. It seems the people in Washington are on a totally different playing field, and our opinions really don't hold much sway, unless you have gobs of money, and know any "insiders". They are so concerned about their power, status, money, that they will cling to any idea (crazy, extreme, whatever), just so that they don't lose any grip on their power. There's no humility in Washington, no governing for the "people", it's really all about what they can get for themselves, and do just enough for the common man to pacify him.

Not a very optimistic view, I know, but compromise, and common sense get pushed aside for popularity, status, control, and power....maybe I didn't have enough coffee this morning.

I am not completely jaded to politics, quite the contrary I love politics. I think there are some places, this being one, where the LEAST sane voices are being voiced at a level where the MOST sane voices should be herd.

It is, or should be, the realm conservative side of the isle to address the issues of gun legislation. It is their constituents that are most vested in the issue. A good deal of those constituents are getting very poor representation. If their reps continue to do nothing, I don't think they should surprised when the extreme opposition finds just the right incident to flip the switch and get everything they (gun-control) wants.
Mr_Anderson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2015 5:32:47 PM
At 10/9/2015 2:57:16 PM, TBR wrote:

I agree with you there.