Total Posts:25|Showing Posts:1-25
Jump to topic:

GOP disarray.

TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 6:58:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Forcing out their speaker, with the presumptive replacement shooting his own foot off.

17 Candidates for the nomination.

Just what is it going to take for them to get their sh1t straight?
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2015 5:48:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/10/2015 6:58:58 PM, TBR wrote:
Forcing out their speaker, with the presumptive replacement shooting his own foot off.

17 Candidates for the nomination.

Just what is it going to take for them to get their sh1t straight?

Blow it all up and rebuild the party.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
SM2
Posts: 546
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2015 7:54:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/11/2015 5:48:37 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/10/2015 6:58:58 PM, TBR wrote:
Forcing out their speaker, with the presumptive replacement shooting his own foot off.

17 Candidates for the nomination.

Just what is it going to take for them to get their sh1t straight?

Blow it all up and rebuild the party.

Blow it all up, and then don't rebuild the party. Let the right-wingers splinter into half a dozen ineffective parties, while the Democrats remain united and actually do something once elected. The GOP is a dinosaur, clinging to childish ideas that the rest of the world grew out of decades ago.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2015 1:22:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/11/2015 5:48:37 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/10/2015 6:58:58 PM, TBR wrote:
Forcing out their speaker, with the presumptive replacement shooting his own foot off.

17 Candidates for the nomination.

Just what is it going to take for them to get their sh1t straight?

Blow it all up and rebuild the party.

This.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2015 1:22:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/11/2015 7:54:18 AM, SM2 wrote:
At 10/11/2015 5:48:37 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/10/2015 6:58:58 PM, TBR wrote:
Forcing out their speaker, with the presumptive replacement shooting his own foot off.

17 Candidates for the nomination.

Just what is it going to take for them to get their sh1t straight?

Blow it all up and rebuild the party.

Blow it all up, and then don't rebuild the party. Let the right-wingers splinter into half a dozen ineffective parties, while the Democrats remain united and actually do something once elected. The GOP is a dinosaur, clinging to childish ideas that the rest of the world grew out of decades ago.

Or this.
famousdebater
Posts: 3,940
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2015 1:23:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/11/2015 5:48:37 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/10/2015 6:58:58 PM, TBR wrote:
Forcing out their speaker, with the presumptive replacement shooting his own foot off.

17 Candidates for the nomination.

Just what is it going to take for them to get their sh1t straight?

Blow it all up and rebuild the party.

^
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
TheProphett
Posts: 520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2015 1:25:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/11/2015 1:23:38 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 10/11/2015 5:48:37 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/10/2015 6:58:58 PM, TBR wrote:
Forcing out their speaker, with the presumptive replacement shooting his own foot off.

17 Candidates for the nomination.

Just what is it going to take for them to get their sh1t straight?

Blow it all up and rebuild the party.

^

Time travel 75 years and get us back to the great republican party of Eisenhower.
Topics I would like to debate: https://docs.google.com...

Epic Quotes:

She's a cunning linguist, but I'm a master debater - Austin Powers


Economic Forum Revival Co-Leader

If you are interested in starting a political journal for the site, please contact me.
TheProphett
Posts: 520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2015 1:25:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Time travel 75 years and get us back to the great republican party of Eisenhower.

And Roosevelt
Topics I would like to debate: https://docs.google.com...

Epic Quotes:

She's a cunning linguist, but I'm a master debater - Austin Powers


Economic Forum Revival Co-Leader

If you are interested in starting a political journal for the site, please contact me.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2015 6:31:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/11/2015 5:17:02 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
lol...the fact that there are some people out there who actually would vote for Trump just shows how yahoo the party is

Can't stump the Trump.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2015 6:59:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/11/2015 6:31:30 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/11/2015 5:17:02 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
lol...the fact that there are some people out there who actually would vote for Trump just shows how yahoo the party is

Can't stump the Trump.

The worst tagline ever.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2015 7:38:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/11/2015 6:59:32 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/11/2015 6:31:30 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/11/2015 5:17:02 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
lol...the fact that there are some people out there who actually would vote for Trump just shows how yahoo the party is

Can't stump the Trump.

The best tagline ever.

Yah.
TheProphett
Posts: 520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2015 8:14:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/11/2015 6:59:32 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/11/2015 6:31:30 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/11/2015 5:17:02 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
lol...the fact that there are some people out there who actually would vote for Trump just shows how yahoo the party is

Can't stump the Trump.

The worst tagline ever.

Trumpster -----> Dumpster
Topics I would like to debate: https://docs.google.com...

Epic Quotes:

She's a cunning linguist, but I'm a master debater - Austin Powers


Economic Forum Revival Co-Leader

If you are interested in starting a political journal for the site, please contact me.
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2015 8:31:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The GOP should really divide into Libertarians, Tea Party/Evangelicals, and Centrist Conservatives. Their coalition is too fractious to work as it is, right now, particularly when a vociferous minority is crowding out the sane majority from the public eye/discourse. If the GOP did break up like that, however, the U.S. would effectively become a one-party state ruled by Democrats, and I am not convinced that is the best pathway in the long-term, either. There must be inter-party checks for our Democracy to function. However, in the short-term, I think the disassembling of the GOP would be beneficial, so long as they could eventually get back in the game.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2015 9:09:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/11/2015 8:31:38 PM, bsh1 wrote:
The GOP should really divide into Libertarians, Tea Party/Evangelicals, and Centrist Conservatives. Their coalition is too fractious to work as it is, right now, particularly when a vociferous minority is crowding out the sane majority from the public eye/discourse. If the GOP did break up like that, however, the U.S. would effectively become a one-party state ruled by Democrats, and I am not convinced that is the best pathway in the long-term, either. There must be inter-party checks for our Democracy to function. However, in the short-term, I think the disassembling of the GOP would be beneficial, so long as they could eventually get back in the game.

It's likely the Democrat party will undergo radical changes after the fall of the GOP party.
Especially in the realm of fiscal responsibility.

The teaparty is blowing everything up, and not even liberals are safe.
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2015 9:12:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/11/2015 9:09:23 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 10/11/2015 8:31:38 PM, bsh1 wrote:
The GOP should really divide into Libertarians, Tea Party/Evangelicals, and Centrist Conservatives. Their coalition is too fractious to work as it is, right now, particularly when a vociferous minority is crowding out the sane majority from the public eye/discourse. If the GOP did break up like that, however, the U.S. would effectively become a one-party state ruled by Democrats, and I am not convinced that is the best pathway in the long-term, either. There must be inter-party checks for our Democracy to function. However, in the short-term, I think the disassembling of the GOP would be beneficial, so long as they could eventually get back in the game.

It's likely the Democrat party will undergo radical changes after the fall of the GOP party.

Well, if the republican party were trifurcated like that, Democrats would no longer need to appeal to independents in most districts in order to win a plurality. In that case, they'd tend more to the left. Which I don't see as a bad thing. We'd basically become like Europe. But, I do have problems with 1 party rule, for obvious reasons.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2015 9:15:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/11/2015 9:12:25 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/11/2015 9:09:23 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 10/11/2015 8:31:38 PM, bsh1 wrote:
The GOP should really divide into Libertarians, Tea Party/Evangelicals, and Centrist Conservatives. Their coalition is too fractious to work as it is, right now, particularly when a vociferous minority is crowding out the sane majority from the public eye/discourse. If the GOP did break up like that, however, the U.S. would effectively become a one-party state ruled by Democrats, and I am not convinced that is the best pathway in the long-term, either. There must be inter-party checks for our Democracy to function. However, in the short-term, I think the disassembling of the GOP would be beneficial, so long as they could eventually get back in the game.

It's likely the Democrat party will undergo radical changes after the fall of the GOP party.

Well, if the republican party were trifurcated like that, Democrats would no longer need to appeal to independents in most districts in order to win a plurality. In that case, they'd tend more to the left. Which I don't see as a bad thing. We'd basically become like Europe. But, I do have problems with 1 party rule, for obvious reasons.

You don't understand, although YYW can explain; the vacuum created by a dissolved GOP will force fiscal accountability on the Democrats as the blame game diversion can no longer be played out. Established Democrat elites don't want to see that happen.
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2015 9:17:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/11/2015 9:15:29 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 10/11/2015 9:12:25 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/11/2015 9:09:23 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 10/11/2015 8:31:38 PM, bsh1 wrote:
The GOP should really divide into Libertarians, Tea Party/Evangelicals, and Centrist Conservatives. Their coalition is too fractious to work as it is, right now, particularly when a vociferous minority is crowding out the sane majority from the public eye/discourse. If the GOP did break up like that, however, the U.S. would effectively become a one-party state ruled by Democrats, and I am not convinced that is the best pathway in the long-term, either. There must be inter-party checks for our Democracy to function. However, in the short-term, I think the disassembling of the GOP would be beneficial, so long as they could eventually get back in the game.

It's likely the Democrat party will undergo radical changes after the fall of the GOP party.

Well, if the republican party were trifurcated like that, Democrats would no longer need to appeal to independents in most districts in order to win a plurality. In that case, they'd tend more to the left. Which I don't see as a bad thing. We'd basically become like Europe. But, I do have problems with 1 party rule, for obvious reasons.

You don't understand, although YYW can explain; the vacuum created by a dissolved GOP will force fiscal accountability on the Democrats as the blame game diversion can no longer be played out. Established Democrat elites don't want to see that happen.

Ah, okay. I see what you're saying. I can understand that, but I am not sure there is much the Dems can do about it. But, even if they did bear the blame, a disintegrated GOP, like the one I described, couldn't muster enough of a counter to beat even a weakened Democratic Party, at least for the first few election cycles. Besides, it might actually force SOMEONE to reduce the debt and deficit...like, maybe Dems would actually have the backbone to slash military spending...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2015 9:35:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/11/2015 8:31:38 PM, bsh1 wrote:
The GOP should really divide into Libertarians, Tea Party/Evangelicals, and Centrist Conservatives. Their coalition is too fractious to work as it is, right now, particularly when a vociferous minority is crowding out the sane majority from the public eye/discourse. If the GOP did break up like that, however, the U.S. would effectively become a one-party state ruled by Democrats, and I am not convinced that is the best pathway in the long-term, either. There must be inter-party checks for our Democracy to function. However, in the short-term, I think the disassembling of the GOP would be beneficial, so long as they could eventually get back in the game.

I agree completely with the assessment, but we need a proper functioning party. I don't know the answer to this problem, but they need to sort this out somehow. While this is going to sound like fighting words" for the conservatives reading it, I will say it very plainly. They have breaded this obstinance over the last couple decades, It is no wonder that it is manifesting as INTERNAL obstinance. Somehow they need to relearn how to be statesmen.
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2015 10:30:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Y'all are getting way too excited by this. Republicans still control 31 governorships, 56% of state legislative seats (including total control of 24 state governments). The federal party is dealing with a small group in one legislative branch, yes, but the state party has utterly demolished the Democratic Party in basically everywhere outside liberal urban enclaves. The issue of who is Speaker is not something that matters to 95% of Americans and will play no role in who they vote for.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2015 7:46:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
How is it disarray? I don't see the problem.

As a Republican, we should be celebrating not panicking. We took out two RINOs with one stone. Bye Boehner and McCarthy.

Democrats pride themselves for having a herd mentality of sheep that walk in lockstep with each other. The GOP has a diversity of thought and healthy dissent.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
BrittanyR1911.45
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2015 8:02:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/12/2015 7:46:31 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
How is it disarray? I don't see the problem.

As a Republican, we should be celebrating not panicking. We took out two RINOs with one stone. Bye Boehner and McCarthy.

Democrats pride themselves for having a herd mentality of sheep that walk in lockstep with each other. The GOP has a diversity of thought and healthy dissent.

It would have been nice if Boehner would have done his constituents at least one solid and convinced McConnell to go out with him
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2015 8:12:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/12/2015 7:46:31 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
How is it disarray? I don't see the problem.

As a Republican, we should be celebrating not panicking. We took out two RINOs with one stone. Bye Boehner and McCarthy.

Democrats pride themselves for having a herd mentality of sheep that walk in lockstep with each other. The GOP has a diversity of thought and healthy dissent.

When you HAD a cohesive party you got things done. Now it is the disarray (worse) than the democrats of the 70's

Democrats are the furthest from "lock-step". The difference is, we have learned to co-exist and work despite differences. The actual party is much more deserve than the GOP, you guys could learn a thing or two.

Have fun watching another loosing national race.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2015 8:33:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/12/2015 8:12:38 PM, TBR wrote:
When you HAD a cohesive party you got things done. Now it is the disarray (worse) than the democrats of the 70's

The Republicans job is to prevent the growth of government. They aren't there to "get things done." If anything, Republicans haven't done enough obstruction. Hundreds and hundreds of bills have passed and signed into law since 2010, if only the Republicans could have voted down more of them.

Democrats are the furthest from "lock-step". The difference is, we have learned to co-exist and work despite differences. The actual party is much more deserve than the GOP, you guys could learn a thing or two.

Even Bernie & Hillary are complete opposites when it comes to Democrats, yet they voted together 93% of the time. I would imagine the rest of the Democrats vote even more homogeneously than the Sanders/Hillary ratio.

http://mobile.nytimes.com...

Have fun watching another loosing national race.

Why would we lose an election to a criminal and a socialist? Only if the country descends into an Idiocracy voting populace that will elect criminals and socialists.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2015 8:50:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Even Bernie & Hillary are complete opposites when it comes to Democrats, yet they voted together 93% of the time. I would imagine the rest of the Democrats vote even more homogeneously than the Sanders/Hillary ratio.

Yup. That is what I am saying. We can come together when needed.

Have fun watching another loosing national race.

Why would we lose an election to a criminal and a socialist? Only if the country descends into an Idiocracy voting populace that will elect criminals and socialists.

You will. Bet on it (and I will take the bet)