Jump to topic:

First Democratic Presidential Primary Debate

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 9:18:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
So, who here is definitely watching the debate tonight?

There's nothing here except for Hillary vs. Bernie, but that's important enough to watch. O'Malley is not powerful enough in his speaking and the other two are jokes of candidates.

This may very well decide the possibility of a Bernie upset in the Primary. I expect Hillary to play pseudo-uber leftist to try taking from Bernie, but I expect Bernie to call her out on that. That's my basic take there. O'Malley will exist. Webb and Chafee will be jokes.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 9:23:54 PM
At 10/13/2015 9:18:16 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

There's nothing here except for Hillary vs. Bernie, but that's important enough to watch. O'Malley is not powerful enough in his speaking and the other two are jokes of candidates.

This may very well decide the possibility of a Bernie upset in the Primary. I expect Hillary to play pseudo-uber leftist to try taking from Bernie, but I expect Bernie to call her out on that. That's my basic take there. O'Malley will exist. Webb and Chafee will be jokes.

Yes, yes I am watching. And, I agree. This night is about Sanders. Can he, is he, a real contender.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 9:26:57 PM
At 10/13/2015 9:23:54 PM, TBR wrote:

Yes, yes I am watching. And, I agree. This night is about Sanders. Can he, is he, a real contender.

I expect those two to get the most speaking time, and the situation is helped by the fact that there isn't 15 people on stage.

What surprises me (but not much) is that CNN did not invite Larry Lessig to the debate, despite the fact Chafee's polling is about equal to his (when Lessig is asked about in the poll).

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 9:29:28 PM

I expect those two to get the most speaking time, and the situation is helped by the fact that there isn't 15 people on stage.

What surprises me (but not much) is that CNN did not invite Larry Lessig to the debate, despite the fact Chafee's polling is about equal to his (when Lessig is asked about in the poll).

We, unlike the GOP at this point, have our sh1t straight. The debates with 15 people on stage are just silly.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 9:33:41 PM
At 10/13/2015 9:29:28 PM, TBR wrote:

We, unlike the GOP at this point, have our sh1t straight. The debates with 15 people on stage are just silly.

6 isn't too much, in my opinion. Lessig has a unique view (more so than the others) that a debate could use as well.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
BrittanyR1911.45
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 9:50:16 PM
At 10/13/2015 9:33:41 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2015 9:29:28 PM, TBR wrote:

6 isn't too much, in my opinion. Lessig has a unique view (more so than the others) that a debate could use as well.

It doesn't seem fair to exclude the only other candidate while reserving a podium for Biden just incase he decides to show up. I thought the Democrats claimed to be the party who stood for equality for all... It makes me wonder what's got the DNC/Hillary so afraid of letting Lessig speak.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 9:51:06 PM
At 10/13/2015 9:46:33 PM, TBR wrote:
What do you like about him?

I don't have much opinion of him. I think he's very well educated and informed, and he's definitely a focused person. Even if he's not a top-tier candidate, I think he's good to have around stuff like that for the sake of generating content organically through him opining, rather than just questions with biased intent from media members.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 9:54:44 PM
At 10/13/2015 9:51:06 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

I don't have much opinion of him. I think he's very well educated and informed, and he's definitely a focused person. Even if he's not a top-tier candidate, I think he's good to have around stuff like that for the sake of generating content organically through him opining, rather than just questions with biased intent from media members.

Yea, I ask because I only know of his existence. Regardless, we DO have a good field. I would like Biden in, and I would like less "inevitable" talk about Clinton.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 9:58:21 PM
At 10/13/2015 9:54:44 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/13/2015 9:51:06 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Yea, I ask because I only know of his existence. Regardless, we DO have a good field. I would like Biden in, and I would like less "inevitable" talk about Clinton.

Webb and Chafee are jokes. We have a field of two plus Biden and Vice Presidential candidate O'Malley.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 9:59:27 PM
Jim Webb is the only sane one on that stage. He's definitely not a joke, he's polling low but he's higher than O'Malley and Chafee.

Sanders better attack Hillary if he wants to defeat her. Otherwise she will continue on unchallenged. An attack from adored leftist Bernie Sanders would be the most damaging criticism Hillary would ever get.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 10:22:21 PM
Wouldn't miss it to save my life. Although I don't expect it to be as purely entertaining as the GOP debates, I think a few shots fired will do. :)
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 10:23:32 PM
At 10/13/2015 10:22:21 PM, Mirza wrote:
Wouldn't miss it to save my life. Although I don't expect it to be as purely entertaining as the GOP debates, I think a few shots fired will do. :)
What are your thoughts on the candidates on stage?

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 10:25:08 PM
At 10/13/2015 10:23:32 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
What are your thoughts on the candidates on stage?
I'm not very familiar with them, so I'm about to do research. Hillary and Sanders I know very well. Hillary I hate, and Sanders could be a phenomenon. I disagree with his economic policies in many ways, but for what matters to me and the world, he's a far better candidate than the psycho that rivals him, and I also think he'll do good on social issues in America.
TheProphett
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 11:26:36 PM

Feel. The. Bern. This is his time to shine. If he doesn't perform well, he won't be able to grab the attention of voters everywhere.
Topics I would like to debate: https://docs.google.com...

Epic Quotes:

She's a cunning linguist, but I'm a master debater - Austin Powers

Economic Forum Revival Co-Leader

If you are interested in starting a political journal for the site, please contact me.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 11:30:02 PM
At 10/13/2015 10:37:50 PM, Mirza wrote:
Only 5 participants? ...

We, unlike the GOP, have our house in order.

Wasn't always that way. We were the fractious infighting party for a time. We grew out of it. Waiting for the GOP to catch-up
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 12:08:12 AM
22 minutes.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 12:30:06 AM
At 10/14/2015 12:25:32 AM, Mirza wrote:
If anyone has an HD live stream, that would be great. Looking for one myself in the meanwhile.
cnn.com theyll share unlike fox
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 12:31:36 AM
Shut the fvck up and go to the stage.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 12:31:54 AM
Sanders could do absolutely nothing memorable in the debate and his fan base will still hype him up and claim that he won the debate, but that the media is denying it.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 12:32:58 AM
At 10/14/2015 12:30:06 AM, ironslippers wrote:
If anyone has an HD live stream, that would be great. Looking for one myself in the meanwhile.
Doesn't work for me, as I'm in Europe. My cable provider has for whatever reason closed my access to television programs I watch on PC.

I use this now, and it's pretty good: fancystreams.com/default.asp@pageId=41.php
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 12:33:04 AM
At 10/14/2015 12:31:54 AM, imabench wrote:
Sanders could do absolutely nothing memorable in the debate and his fan base will still hype him up and claim that he won the debate, but that the media is denying it.

We'll see lol. He's pretty aggressive.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 12:34:51 AM
At 10/14/2015 12:32:58 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 10/14/2015 12:30:06 AM, ironslippers wrote:
Doesn't work for me, as I'm in Europe. My cable provider has for whatever reason closed my access to television programs I watch on PC.

I use this now, and it's pretty good: fancystreams.com/default.asp@pageId=41.php
https://www.youtube.com...
Its LOUD
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 12:40:17 AM
Get the fvck off the stage Chafee you schmuck.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 12:40:54 AM
kelly megyn would kick anderson coopers ss
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 12:41:43 AM
At 10/14/2015 12:40:54 AM, ironslippers wrote:
kelly megyn would kick anderson coopers ss

Helps to get the name right.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 12:41:51 AM
At 10/14/2015 12:33:04 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/14/2015 12:31:54 AM, imabench wrote:

We'll see lol. He's pretty aggressive.

He's aggressive towards the GOP and the 'billionaire class' he'll be fare more tame against Hillary
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015