solution to cop corruption?

badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2010 10:10:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
snitching :)

to like a tax payed militia, who only send their troops out when it's actually been proven that someone has broken the law.
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2010 10:26:43 PM
At 9/18/2010 10:23:13 PM, badger wrote:
i suppose it'd kinda have to work on suspicion.

we could set a number for the amount of times you have to be snitched on before it's investigated.
signature
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 4:08:56 PM
So you are saying we need to create a system of police FOR our current police? As ludicrous as this sounds, the interesting thing is that there really exists no more desperate entity for police than police themselves.

This argument (if it's what you are saying), actually brings up a good point - if the police are policing the criminals, then who is policing the police? Who is policing the police of the police? The idea of police, as Badger has so elegantly pointed out, is a slippery slope by default.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 10:57:48 AM
At 9/21/2010 5:08:23 PM, Sieben wrote:
Who will police the police police?

Obviously, Sieben, it will be police. I mean, we're not safe without police so why would you even ask that?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 11:02:04 AM
We divide the police force into three parts.

Police Force 1 is held to account by Police Force 2, Police Force 2 is held to account by Police Force 3, Police Force 3 is held to account by Police Force 1.

The intelligence services can be run by a rotating series of 12 heads, one for each month. Accept during the remainder of the year in which a serving head of state dies, in which case all decisions to be made by a sacred Goat.

Simples.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 11:24:11 AM
At 9/22/2010 11:02:04 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Police Force 1 is held to account by Police Force 2, Police Force 2 is held to account by Police Force 3, Police Force 3 is held to account by Police Force 1.

my idea's better :P

The intelligence services can be run by a rotating series of 12 heads, one for each month. Accept during the remainder of the year in which a serving head of state dies, in which case all decisions to be made by a sacred Goat.

Simples.

being simple doesn't necessarily make it a good idea unfortunately. that said, my idea's even simpler.
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 11:34:10 AM
At 9/24/2010 11:31:29 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 9/18/2010 10:10:39 PM, badger wrote:
snitching :)

to like a tax payed militia, who only send their troops out when it's actually been proven that someone has broken the law.

Prima facie? Infinite regress.

care to elaborate?
signature
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 11:35:56 AM
At 9/24/2010 11:24:11 AM, badger wrote:

Simples.

being simple doesn't necessarily make it a good idea unfortunately. that said, my idea's even simpler.

At least I realised my idea was a joke.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 11:38:23 AM
At 9/24/2010 11:35:56 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Simples.

lol at cop out. i actually like my idea. came from drugs too kinda... which'd make it pretty damn funny if it was implemented.. that'd be the war on drugs lost right there lol.
signature
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 12:34:36 PM
At 9/24/2010 11:38:23 AM, badger wrote:

Simples.

lol at cop out. i actually like my idea. came from drugs too kinda... which'd make it pretty damn funny if it was implemented.. that'd be the war on drugs lost right there lol.

You got the idea while you were high on drugs?
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 12:44:08 PM
At 9/24/2010 12:34:36 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
At 9/24/2010 11:38:23 AM, badger wrote:

Simples.

You got the idea while you were high on drugs?

yup, and a class too. funny isn't it?
signature
Sieben
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 1:00:35 PM
3 police wouldn't check eachother any more than 3 kings. They've got no incentive to provide justice in the first place. Why would splitting them up into 3 gangs change that?

If you could make police accountable to the majority, then what? The majority spends all their time watching the police? And the police can enforce whatever laws the majority want? So much check and balance!!! ><
Things that are so interesting:

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 1:11:02 PM
The temporary solution is, and always has been, vigilance and shooting when corrupt cops are found.

The permanent solution is, and always has been, nonexistent
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.