Jump to topic:

Snowden broke the law

Todd0611
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 1:37:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I don't think any of the candidates last night called him a hero, most of them directly said..."he broke the law", and should "face the music" as Clinton said. Okay, very true, he broke the law, so why when the candidates spoke of undocumented immigrants, they could not accept, realize, recognize, or admit, that these people broke the law. I have stated before on this site, that I am for immigration reform, and Obama has done a good job of making sure that the law is being enforced- just look at the numbers. If you don't like the law, then change it, but we can't ignore the fact that these undocumented workers came here illegally. I've said it before, I believe the vast majority of these people come here with good intentions, I just want them to do it the right, legal way.

As far as Snowden goes, the law is tricky, most of the candidates kind of inferred that even though he broke the law, what he uncovered was reasonable enough reason for him to break that law, but if we pick and choose what laws are okay to bend or break, that's a slippery slope. I'm just looking for consistency.

Hillary's email "scandal" is a witch hunt, and I'm not a big fan of hers, but if the FBI finds that she broke the law, then she should be held accountable. She's probably too "above the law" to be touched, but isn't it fair to say, even if you support her, that she should face the same consequences as you or I if we broke the law? Again, I'm just looking for consistency, but as long as politics are involved, and that goes for both sides, they get to play by different rules.
smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 12:05:00 PM
At 10/14/2015 1:37:21 PM, Todd0611 wrote:
I don't think any of the candidates last night called him a hero, most of them directly said..."he broke the law", and should "face the music" as Clinton said. Okay, very true, he broke the law, so why when the candidates spoke of undocumented immigrants, they could not accept, realize, recognize, or admit, that these people broke the law. I have stated before on this site, that I am for immigration reform, and Obama has done a good job of making sure that the law is being enforced- just look at the numbers. If you don't like the law, then change it, but we can't ignore the fact that these undocumented workers came here illegally. I've said it before, I believe the vast majority of these people come here with good intentions, I just want them to do it the right, legal way.

As far as Snowden goes, the law is tricky, most of the candidates kind of inferred that even though he broke the law, what he uncovered was reasonable enough reason for him to break that law, but if we pick and choose what laws are okay to bend or break, that's a slippery slope. I'm just looking for consistency.

Hillary's email "scandal" is a witch hunt, and I'm not a big fan of hers, but if the FBI finds that she broke the law, then she should be held accountable. She's probably too "above the law" to be touched, but isn't it fair to say, even if you support her, that she should face the same consequences as you or I if we broke the law? Again, I'm just looking for consistency, but as long as politics are involved, and that goes for both sides, they get to play by different rules.

Snowden is one of the greatest heroes in the history of Mankind.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
-George Orwell
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 3:18:59 PM
At 10/16/2015 12:05:00 PM, smelisox wrote:
At 10/14/2015 1:37:21 PM, Todd0611 wrote:

Snowden is one of the greatest heroes in the history of Mankind.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
-George Orwell

WOW is that an exaggeration.

He is neither a villain or a saint. Don't make him out to be either.