Jump to topic:

Dear Bernie supports, stop ruining Bernie

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 5:00:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
In the general election of 2012, the candidate who I believe had the most obnoxious supporters was by far Ron Paul. In just about every online political article on facebook or on an online news website during the election, there was always, ALWAYS a Ron Paul fan ranting about how Paul is being shut out by the media, or that he deserves to be president but the elite were keeping him down, or that Ron Paul is running to represent the people when all the other candidates were not.... I was interested in some of the political positions Ron Paul had compared to other candidates, both Democrat and Republican, but I slowly grew to hate him because his supporters would always obnoxiously be trying to hype him up or claim a bias against their candidate for any reason they could come up with..... They were obnoxious, repetitive, and pretty trollish as well, to the point that I figured if THESE were the type of people that supported Ron Paul, then I have no business supporting him either.

Eventually I grew to hate Ron Paul because his supporters essentially wouldnt shut the hell up every once in a while and actually leave reasonable comments. I fear that Bernie Sanders fans may be doing the same thing to Bernie.

Go look on any news article about the democratic debate, or any past article that shows the polling percentages of the democratic candidates, and I PROMISE you that you will find a metric sh**load of Bernie Sanders supporters in the comments section of those articles claiming that Bernie is the only one running to represent the people, feel the bern, or that the media is magically biased against Bernie or something.

I want to like Bernie, And I think that I might get to like him, but when I look at how f*cking annoying all of his fans are, I only grow more contempt for him. The same can be said for Ted Cruz and Donald Trump supporters, but I was always going to be against both of those candidates, and the rest of America seems to be against them as well, which is why im not concerned if their supporters ruin the candidates they support

But Bernie has the potential to be likable. Its just that his fans are so annoying that they are making me want to hate Bernie more than I want to like him.... Every time I see a handful of Bernie supporters commenting and ranting on online articles, it reminds me more of people who stand outside abortion clinics and yell at people going in and out than it reminds me of people who genuinely believe that what they are advocating for what is good for the US and just want you to see the light....

I wanted to like Ron Paul before, but his fans ruined him for me. I want to like Bernie Sanders, and I think his fans could do the same as Ron Paul's fans did to him.

So please, Bernie Sanders supporters, stop ruining Bernie Sanders for me.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 5:16:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/14/2015 5:00:15 PM, imabench wrote:
In the general election of 2012, the candidate who I believe had the most obnoxious supporters was by far Ron Paul. In just about every online political article on facebook or on an online news website during the election, there was always, ALWAYS a Ron Paul fan ranting about how Paul is being shut out by the media, or that he deserves to be president but the elite were keeping him down, or that Ron Paul is running to represent the people when all the other candidates were not.... I was interested in some of the political positions Ron Paul had compared to other candidates, both Democrat and Republican, but I slowly grew to hate him because his supporters would always obnoxiously be trying to hype him up or claim a bias against their candidate for any reason they could come up with..... They were obnoxious, repetitive, and pretty trollish as well, to the point that I figured if THESE were the type of people that supported Ron Paul, then I have no business supporting him either.

Eventually I grew to hate Ron Paul because his supporters essentially wouldnt shut the hell up every once in a while and actually leave reasonable comments. I fear that Bernie Sanders fans may be doing the same thing to Bernie.

Go look on any news article about the democratic debate, or any past article that shows the polling percentages of the democratic candidates, and I PROMISE you that you will find a metric sh**load of Bernie Sanders supporters in the comments section of those articles claiming that Bernie is the only one running to represent the people, feel the bern, or that the media is magically biased against Bernie or something.

I want to like Bernie, And I think that I might get to like him, but when I look at how f*cking annoying all of his fans are, I only grow more contempt for him. The same can be said for Ted Cruz and Donald Trump supporters, but I was always going to be against both of those candidates, and the rest of America seems to be against them as well, which is why im not concerned if their supporters ruin the candidates they support

But Bernie has the potential to be likable. Its just that his fans are so annoying that they are making me want to hate Bernie more than I want to like him.... Every time I see a handful of Bernie supporters commenting and ranting on online articles, it reminds me more of people who stand outside abortion clinics and yell at people going in and out than it reminds me of people who genuinely believe that what they are advocating for what is good for the US and just want you to see the light....

I wanted to like Ron Paul before, but his fans ruined him for me. I want to like Bernie Sanders, and I think his fans could do the same as Ron Paul's fans did to him.

So please, Bernie Sanders supporters, stop ruining Bernie Sanders for me.

I agree. This goes along with my astonishment at the results of the debate thread. Look, I am very happy that people are seeing a clear win for Sanders, but that was not the actual case.

But.... Directly to the subject at hand. I had a similar thing with Nader. I am damn left, but when pseudo democrats were scolding me for not supporting Nader I was pissed. "They are all the same". Yea, they f**ked an election cycle with that cr*p.