Total Posts:1|Showing Posts:1-1
Jump to topic:

Voter Turnout this cycle

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 8:58:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Polls sometimes can be telling, but I think this election like the past two, will come down to voter turnout. When Obama got elected, the % of people that voted was significant (correct me if I'm wrong), because the Democratic party was excited, and really pushed for voter turnout. The Republicans enthusiasm about their candidate didn't match that of their opponent, IMO. That being said, this next election, I expect, will have a large turnout by Republicans, because they are tired of Obama, and they do not want to lose again in general. IMO, if the Democrats are going to win, they will have to have at least the same voter turnout that they have had in the past two elections.
It's no secret that black people vote Democrat the majority of the time, I don't need to validate this point, and they were extremely excited to get Obama in the WH. If that same excitement doesn't carry over to the nominee the Dems have this year, I think it will come down to the wire in many states. This of course will also depend on who the Republican nominee is, because honestly Trump is still surprising people, and he has a chance. Now some "pubs" may not get behind him if he wins, because he's an arrogant arse; however, they might just being voting against Clinton or Sanders, just to not lose another election.

I think it's a shame that more people don't vote:, and it'd be very interesting to get a 80% or more overall turnout, but that's probably hoping for too much. I've voted ever since I was 18, and really take pride in saying that I voted.