Send a Message
10/17/2015 1:59:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
1) If Hillary was using her personal server her email look something like this:
Hillary/@/HillaryClinton.com*
Wouldn't people (Obama, Biden et al) recognize that as her personal server

2) If Hillary's email was something like:
Hillary/@/usgov.gov*
Someone in tech/security would have to either a) forward the emails to her personal server, which would leave copies of the emails on the government server OR b) had to have changed DNS Settings to feed the email directly to her server. Indicating collusion

*as far as I know these are factitious for illustration purposes

This is question I've had since this controversy began and I believe is as concerning as what is actually in the emails.

Comments?
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 2:29:31 AM
At 10/17/2015 1:59:45 AM, ironslippers wrote:

Hillary/@/usgov.gov*
Someone in tech/security would have to either a) forward the emails to her personal server, which would leave copies of the emails on the government server OR b) had to have changed DNS Settings to feed the email directly to her server. Indicating collusion

This is question I've had since this controversy began and I believe is as concerning as what is actually in the emails.

Comments?

I don't know what the w question is. Yea her email address was a @clinton.com domain. Yes, people would know it. What is the question?
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 2:38:24 AM
At 10/17/2015 2:29:31 AM, TBR wrote:

Hillary/@/usgov.gov*

Comments?

I don't know what the w question is. Yea her email address was a @clinton.com domain. Yes, people would know it. What is the question?

You answered it. I had found nothing about it being @clinton.com.
With that said, all parties who emailed her are culpable.
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 2:40:25 AM
At 10/17/2015 2:38:24 AM, ironslippers wrote:
At 10/17/2015 2:29:31 AM, TBR wrote:

Hillary/@/usgov.gov*

Comments?

You answered it. I had found nothing about it being @clinton.com.
With that said, all parties who emailed her are culpable.

While I would have questioned it, many would never notice.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 9:29:33 AM

Hillary/@/usgov.gov*

Comments?
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 10:43:46 AM

Hillary/@/usgov.gov*

Comments?

Well I went through and spent about a half hour throwing together an explanation for you, breaking down the processes of how things could have happened, posted it, refreshed and it was there, just refreshed again now and......it's gone. The site literally took out every part that I type and just left your original post that I quoted for formatting. I hope it refreshes itself back again.
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 11:20:49 AM
At 10/17/2015 10:43:46 AM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:

Hillary/@/usgov.gov*

Comments?

Well I went through and spent about a half hour throwing together an explanation for you, breaking down the processes of how things could have happened, posted it, refreshed and it was there, just refreshed again now and......it's gone. The site literally took out every part that I type and just left your original post that I quoted for formatting. I hope it refreshes itself back again.

Sorry to have missed it
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 11:58:34 AM
At 10/17/2015 11:20:49 AM, ironslippers wrote:

Sorry to have missed it

Well here is the short and sweet: Everyone gets a *.gov email address. I believe you need to fill out a paper accepting it. Next, the private server actually communicated with the State Department's servers and was even removed a few times because nobody knew what it was. As far as her personal e-mail goes, it would have been blaringly obvious unless she got somebody in the IT department to go into Active Directory and change her e-mail address from .gov to .hillary or whatever. I gave a bit more IT detail last time. But this was short and sweet. Let me know if you have any questions about it and ill answer :)
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 5:40:14 PM
At 10/17/2015 11:58:34 AM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:
At 10/17/2015 11:20:49 AM, ironslippers wrote:

Sorry to have missed it

Well here is the short and sweet: Everyone gets a *.gov email address. I believe you need to fill out a paper accepting it. Next, the private server actually communicated with the State Department's servers and was even removed a few times because nobody knew what it was. As far as her personal e-mail goes, it would have been blaringly obvious unless she got somebody in the IT department to go into Active Directory and change her e-mail address from .gov to .hillary or whatever. I gave a bit more IT detail last time. But this was short and sweet. Let me know if you have any questions about it and ill answer :)

There was no messing with LDAP on the gov servers to make it "look" like it was a gov address. The domain was clintonemail.com. None of these questions are unanswered. As to who would notice it, most people DON'T type in full email addresses, regardless the platform. If I was... some high official, I would type "Hiller" and expect to find "Hillary Clinton". If I didn't my call would be to IT, not Clinton herself. I doubt I would ever notice, or care what the actual address was.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 7:29:06 PM
At 10/17/2015 5:40:14 PM, TBR wrote:

There was no messing with LDAP on the gov servers to make it "look" like it was a gov address. The domain was clintonemail.com. None of these questions are unanswered. As to who would notice it, most people DON'T type in full email addresses, regardless the platform. If I was... some high official, I would type "Hiller" and expect to find "Hillary Clinton". If I didn't my call would be to IT, not Clinton herself. I doubt I would ever notice, or care what the actual address was.

I never said there was any SPOOFING with LDAP, AD or GAB. However, inside of AD (Active Directory), there are OUs (Organizational Units) for Users and Computers, these are generally open, by default, for read permissions. You can hit "Find" on the specific OU and search your own name which displays your basic contact info. Now, when setup properly, if you change a data set on your AD contact info card, and have proper authentication entered, during the next maintenance window for syncing information, AD will push out the altered data and begin navigating through all other server farms it has access to, updating all approved servers. So if she were to alter the field for "E-mail Address", which is not uncommon for a large company to leave open for editing by the owner; it will replicate the change across all servers if that is the selection you make.

This process is actually quite realistic as the government's IT department reported locating and removing a "rogue" server from their network. Additionally, this was confirmed by an e-mail conversation found on Clinton's private server in which she was asking Huma Abedin to figure it out and get it fixed.

This begs the question; if the same rogue object kept showing up on the state department's network, why was that not taken as a compromise of the governments network; setting in motion a trace of the connection, locating the server and sending local FBI out to make contact and perform interrogation as well as search and seizure?

Next question, since Huma contacted the IT department and informed them that this was Hillary Clinton's personal server and to stop deleting it; why was the unapproved server not reported to proper authorities at that point? Additionally, in order to stay within compliance of your privacy policies, let alone federal laws including treason, spying, and top secret classifications; any IT personnel who may come into contact with a machine (virtually or physical) containing any protected information, said IT employee must be aware of privacy policies, agree to secrecy, and be "well-trained" on how to properly followup, document and report any contact or security concern they may have had or have knowledge of. This was obviously not done....why

The more I talk myself through this situation, the more it seems like a lot of people knew what was going on, someone told them to keep their mouths shut, and they did.
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 7:45:33 PM
Thank you to TBR and MakeSensePeopleDont
Amazing the difference responses you receive when you type different search queries.

http://www.slate.com...
not just the article itself but the links within.

My conclusion: This scandal is really about state department security both in IT and policy.

Too much wasted time on this.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 11:11:45 PM
At 10/17/2015 7:29:06 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:
At 10/17/2015 5:40:14 PM, TBR wrote:

I never said there was any SPOOFING with LDAP, AD or GAB. However, inside of AD (Active Directory), there are OUs (Organizational Units) for Users and Computers, these are generally open, by default, for read permissions. You can hit "Find" on the specific OU and search your own name which displays your basic contact info. Now, when setup properly, if you change a data set on your AD contact info card, and have proper authentication entered, during the next maintenance window for syncing information, AD will push out the altered data and begin navigating through all other server farms it has access to, updating all approved servers. So if she were to alter the field for "E-mail Address", which is not uncommon for a large company to leave open for editing by the owner; it will replicate the change across all servers if that is the selection you make.

This process is actually quite realistic as the government's IT department reported locating and removing a "rogue" server from their network. Additionally, this was confirmed by an e-mail conversation found on Clinton's private server in which she was asking Huma Abedin to figure it out and get it fixed.

This begs the question; if the same rogue object kept showing up on the state department's network, why was that not taken as a compromise of the governments network; setting in motion a trace of the connection, locating the server and sending local FBI out to make contact and perform interrogation as well as search and seizure?

Next question, since Huma contacted the IT department and informed them that this was Hillary Clinton's personal server and to stop deleting it; why was the unapproved server not reported to proper authorities at that point? Additionally, in order to stay within compliance of your privacy policies, let alone federal laws including treason, spying, and top secret classifications; any IT personnel who may come into contact with a machine (virtually or physical) containing any protected information, said IT employee must be aware of privacy policies, agree to secrecy, and be "well-trained" on how to properly followup, document and report any contact or security concern they may have had or have knowledge of. This was obviously not done....why

The more I talk myself through this situation, the more it seems like a lot of people knew what was going on, someone told them to keep their mouths shut, and they did.

Well, the answer to all these is, it was not illegal. Not even part of a policy. That seems extraordinary to you and me, but this seems to be the case. Other secretaries of state had used alt email accounts.

Making good policy is necessary. Any IT guy can see that emails are going out to or coming in from this outside domain, but without a policy in-place, he has no reason to do anything about it.

Unless the agency puts in an air-gap email service, there is no way anyone can insure its security.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 11:12:42 PM
At 10/17/2015 7:45:33 PM, ironslippers wrote:
Thank you to TBR and MakeSensePeopleDont
Amazing the difference responses you receive when you type different search queries.

http://www.slate.com...
not just the article itself but the links within.

My conclusion: This scandal is really about state department security both in IT and policy.

Too much wasted time on this.

Yea, it was a bad policy, and everyone should have done better.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 12:29:03 AM
At 10/17/2015 11:11:45 PM, TBR wrote:

Well, the answer to all these is, it was not illegal. Not even part of a policy. That seems extraordinary to you and me, but this seems to be the case. Other secretaries of state had used alt email accounts.

Correct, nothing mentioned there was technically illegal...per say. However, what IS illegal is the destruction of state property, improper storage of classified information, knowing transfer of classified materials into the possession of a 3rd party unauthorized for possession, spoliation of evidence, obstruction of justice, and about 30 other charges which carry nice long jail terms when dealing with the type of info we are here. She should really be getting hit with Treason of the American Citizens, but truth is, she probable won't even get a fine because she's Hillary Clinton you know?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 2:44:03 PM
At 10/18/2015 12:29:03 AM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:
At 10/17/2015 11:11:45 PM, TBR wrote:

Correct, nothing mentioned there was technically illegal...per say. However, what IS illegal is the destruction of state property, improper storage of classified information, knowing transfer of classified materials into the possession of a 3rd party unauthorized for possession, spoliation of evidence, obstruction of justice, and about 30 other charges which carry nice long jail terms when dealing with the type of info we are here. She should really be getting hit with Treason of the American Citizens, but truth is, she probable won't even get a fine because she's Hillary Clinton you know?

Each of those charges are unlikely.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 11:13:22 PM
At 10/19/2015 2:44:03 PM, TBR wrote:

Let's be honest; if Hillary Clinton gets away with what she did and all these other people across the nation are getting arrested, jailed, fined, fired, have their residences and businesses raided, etc. for MUCH less than what she has done...justice in the United States is completely gone and will have ZERO respect moving forward.
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 12:55:05 AM
At 10/19/2015 11:13:22 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:

Let's be honest; if Hillary Clinton gets away with what she did and all these other people across the nation are getting arrested, jailed, fined, fired, have their residences and businesses raided, etc. for MUCH less than what she has done...justice in the United States is completely gone and will have ZERO respect moving forward.

I concur but this wouldn't be the first time in politics. I fear that the injustice amongst finger pointing, misunderstandings, semantics and the simple truth that sht rolls down hill, that the charges will end up in the lap of some lowly IT tech (doing as instructed) who's life could be serverly damaged.

The whole thing is very Clintonesque, the Clintons have been here many times before, from Whitewater to Lewinsky. This is right out of the Clinton play book.

Alarming to me is the security policy of the state department. Now, I wouldn't be suprised that they use an off the shelf Mcafee app for Internet security. No wonder we're (USA) easy prey for Russian, Chinese, or whomever hackers.

The Polls have got it right about the public distrust of Clinton

Side question: Does anyone else find hypocrisy in the fact that two very strong feminist women Hillary/Huma are married to political perverts Bill/Anthony?

Hey TBR what is the name of the knot you use to tie your tie?
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 5:06:02 AM
At 10/20/2015 12:55:05 AM, ironslippers wrote:

I concur but this wouldn't be the first time in politics. I fear that the injustice amongst finger pointing, misunderstandings, semantics and the simple truth that sht rolls down hill, that the charges will end up in the lap of some lowly IT tech (doing as instructed) who's life could be serverly damaged.

The whole thing is very Clintonesque, the Clintons have been here many times before, from Whitewater to Lewinsky. This is right out of the Clinton play book.

Alarming to me is the security policy of the state department. Now, I wouldn't be suprised that they use an off the shelf Mcafee app for Internet security. No wonder we're (USA) easy prey for Russian, Chinese, or whomever hackers.

As of posting this its allegedly but I don't think the media would report this if there wasn't some truth to it.....
https://www.youtube.com...
CIA Director John Brennan had an AOL account!?!?! WTF!!!

Side question: Does anyone else find hypocrisy in the fact that two very strong feminist women Hillary/Huma are married to political perverts Bill/Anthony?

MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 6:58:21 AM
At 10/20/2015 5:06:02 AM, ironslippers wrote:

As of posting this its allegedly but I don't think the media would report this if there wasn't some truth to it.....

LOL I have about 8,000,000 hours of free AOL discs.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 2:15:20 PM
At 10/20/2015 12:55:05 AM, ironslippers wrote:

Its called an Eldredge. It is a bear to do, but I have gotten it down, and do for kicks some days.

http://agreeordie.com...
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 8:11:11 PM
At 10/20/2015 6:58:21 AM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:
At 10/20/2015 5:06:02 AM, ironslippers wrote:

I haven't seen one of those since the last Clinton administration
better save them they'll be valuable one day
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 8:21:50 PM
At 10/20/2015 8:11:11 PM, ironslippers wrote:

I think the largest personal collection in the world right now is 4,000 DIFFERENT Discs with original packaging. How much of an internet enthusiast...or hoarder, do you have to be to collect all those LOL.
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 8:24:28 PM
At 10/20/2015 8:21:50 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:
At 10/20/2015 8:11:11 PM, ironslippers wrote:

I think the largest personal collection in the world right now is 4,000 DIFFERENT Discs with original packaging. How much of an Internet enthusiast...or hoarder, do you have to be to collect all those LOL.

Are you saying that these are viable collectibles... interesting
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 8:29:43 PM
At 10/20/2015 8:24:28 PM, ironslippers wrote:

Are you saying that these are viable collectibles... interesting

Yeah...if you actually saved a ton of different prints and covers. Remember, Verizon bought out AOL, so they are no more. And most people actually shipped their CDs back to AOL upon their request so they could "recycle" them LOL.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2015 12:53:56 AM

Yeah, unless she just forwarded stuff to her personal email address. For example, I have a work, school, and personal email address that all go to my iPhone and I can "send" and "receive" all of them from the singular account that they go to to get to my iPhone. So, it's entirely possible that you're right that all people Hillary corresponded with via email should have known she was using her own server. It is likewise possible that that is not the case.

Hillary/@/usgov.gov*

I'm sure the State Department knew she was doing it, yes. I'm sure she had help setting it up from the tech guys at the State Department, and I'm sure it was approved by others.

Comments?

A lot remains unknown, but that's a very good question, and one which I would hope would come out in the hearings... although I doubt it will, because the hearings are really only looking for one kind of evidence, no matter what Trey Gowdy says.
Tsar of DDO
BigKim
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 10:59:00 AM
At 10/21/2015 12:53:56 AM, YYW wrote:

Yeah, unless she just forwarded stuff to her personal email address. For example, I have a work, school, and personal email address that all go to my iPhone and I can "send" and "receive" all of them from the singular account that they go to to get to my iPhone. So, it's entirely possible that you're right that all people Hillary corresponded with via email should have known she was using her own server. It is likewise possible that that is not the case.

Hillary/*/usgov.gov*

I'm sure the State Department knew she was doing it, yes. I'm sure she had help setting it up from the tech guys at the State Department, and I'm sure it was approved by others.

Comments?

A lot remains unknown, but that's a very good question, and one which I would hope would come out in the hearings... although I doubt it will, because the hearings are really only looking for one kind of evidence, no matter what Trey Gowdy says.

* representing @
A screen grab of The Harvester"s findings provided to Fox News by the source in the hacker community " whose professional resume also boasts extensive experience in the U.S. intelligence community " lists rather similar, but nonetheless different, email addresses, including hdr*clintonemail.com, hdr18*clintonemail.com, hdr19*clintonemail.com, hdr20*clintonemail.com, and hdr21*clintonemail.com.

Also unearthed by the hacking tool were email addresses of a slightly varied structure, including h.clinton*clintonemail.com, Hillary*clintonemail.com, contact*clintonemail.com, and mau_suit*clintonemail.com.

It"s not known how many of these multiple addresses the secretary herself may have used, nor whether some may have been assigned to close aides entrusted to communicate with her on the clintonemail.com domain.
http://www.foxnews.com...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 11:48:51 AM
The things I'm concerned about in the emails is that some show how powerless she is. I'm not sure why unelected government officials have more power than elected officials. It's kind of scary. The most An elected official can do is set goals like say "contain ISIS" etc.. They don't get to decide the tactics used to do so or anything like that. Although it's good that Hillary is handcuffed because her policies are bad for America, it's bad that a great person coming into the picture would be severely hampered at making huge and incredible changes.

This is why it's important to use riots and violence to overthrow this evil system that wages war on th poor and is owned by mega corporate interests. Voting won't do any good when the individual you elect will be handcuffed. Revolting at the polls is useless. We need to revolt in the streets, and even take the fight to the door (literally) of these unelected officials with so much power.
BigKim
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 2:45:11 PM
At 10/22/2015 11:48:51 AM, Wylted wrote:
The things I'm concerned about in the emails is that some show how powerless she is. I'm not sure why unelected government officials have more power than elected officials. It's kind of scary. The most An elected official can do is set goals like say "contain ISIS" etc.. They don't get to decide the tactics used to do so or anything like that. Although it's good that Hillary is handcuffed because her policies are bad for America, it's bad that a great person coming into the picture would be severely hampered at making huge and incredible changes.

This is why it's important to use riots and violence to overthrow this evil system that wages war on th poor and is owned by mega corporate interests. Voting won't do any good when the individual you elect will be handcuffed. Revolting at the polls is useless. We need to revolt in the streets, and even take the fight to the door (literally) of these unelected officials with so much power.

Dang you got a bigger set than me, My reluctance to agree is tempered by the threat of having my front door kicked in at 4am and hauled off never to be seen again..
It really sucks to have such a reality with in the realm of possibility of occurring in this day and age..
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 2:56:58 PM
At 10/21/2015 12:53:56 AM, YYW wrote:

If Hillary FOWARDED her e-mails to her personal server it would mean it would first have to make contact with her State Department e-mail in order to be forwarded to her personal server. Since no record of e-mails were found on Hillary's State Department account, this means no forwarding was configured or used.

The State Department knew 100%, in fact a worker for the State Department, Brian Pagliano, was called to testify and took the fifth amendment. The fifth Amendment is ONLY a valid defense if you are holding your silence to keep from implicating yourself in a crime. This inherently means, he knows something that would prove his guilt in the subject matter if he discussed it.

Trey Gowdy is not running a committee to look into Hillary's secret e-mail server. Trey Gowdy is running a committee looking into the Benghazi terrorist attack. The only reason Trey Gowdy and his assembled committee are in the same conversation as the secret Clinton e-mail server is because they found the server. They requested Clinton's e-mails pertaining to Benghazi and were told there were no e-mails from or to Clinton for her entire tenure as Secretary of State; this led to the investigation into how she was doing her job and finally to her secret, personal e-mail server.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 4:08:56 PM
Dang you got a bigger set than me, My reluctance to agree is tempered by the threat of having my front door kicked in at 4am and hauled off never to be seen again..

The scum bags operate in gray zones but they won't blatantly break the law. Several Supreme Court cases have upheld the fact that Incan advocate for violence against the government so long as I don't reasonably believe that an individual will act on what I advocate for. They can and certainly have arrested people for making terroristic threats for similar statements in the past, but I've never heard of the court upholding any of those arrests.

It really sucks to have such a reality with in the realm of possibility of occurring in this day and age..

Well, if that arrest got me a national speaking platform, they'd be sorry for it. I'd make the black panthers look like moderates. The government already has enough trouble recruiting talent because of the pay, if I can make those people fear for their lives than I can insure the smartest minds stay in the private sector and hopefully do enough to undermine secretive government organizations.