Jump to topic:

Officia Canadian Federal Election Thread

UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 3:05:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
This should have been done a lot sooner.

With only a few days left until election day, here is an official discussion thread for pre and post election.

As well as a CBC interview of all the official candidates.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 3:11:52 AM
At 10/17/2015 3:06:50 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Shoot, I spelt offical wrong >_<

I see what you did there.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 3:12:30 AM
At 10/17/2015 3:11:52 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

I don't even see what I did there.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 3:13:27 AM
At 10/17/2015 3:12:30 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:

"Offical" is not the correct spelling.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 3:14:40 AM
At 10/17/2015 3:13:27 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 10/17/2015 3:12:30 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:

"Offical" is not the correct spelling.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 1:49:59 AM
At 10/17/2015 3:05:50 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:

With only a few days left until election day, here is an official discussion thread for pre and post election.

Trudeau is going to win. Time for Harper to leave.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 2:54:46 AM
At 10/18/2015 1:49:59 AM, tajshar2k wrote:

You had better hope not. If you want what has happened to Ontario to happen to the rest of the country, then the man child is your Prime Minister. He's done nothing in his life that qualifies him to lead a great democracy and if you recall some of the thins he's said, you might have second thoughts. "I admire the basic dictatorship of China" "The budget will balance itself" "Quebecers are the best Canadians" "Canada is not run well by Albertans" He even called a cabinet minister a peace of s..t in the house of commons. He exists somewhere between dull and stupid. He will give power to the UN over Canada. He will institute a carbon tax. He said he's going to run deficits, adding billions to the debt. He's only where he is because of his name...and his hair.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 3:02:00 AM

They are going to be so full of pancake's
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 3:17:15 AM
At 10/18/2015 3:02:00 AM, TBR wrote:

They are going to be so full of pancake's

Canada's elections are wayyy more lame than America's. It feels like they never get any good candidates. Even for comedic purposes (Trump)
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 3:19:00 AM
At 10/18/2015 2:54:46 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

You had better hope not. If you want what has happened to Ontario to happen to the rest of the country, then the man child is your Prime Minister. He's done nothing in his life that qualifies him to lead a great democracy and if you recall some of the thins he's said, you might have second thoughts. "I admire the basic dictatorship of China" "The budget will balance itself" "Quebecers are the best Canadians" "Canada is not run well by Albertans" He even called a cabinet minister a peace of s..t in the house of commons. He exists somewhere between dull and stupid. He will give power to the UN over Canada. He will institute a carbon tax. He said he's going to run deficits, adding billions to the debt. He's only where he is because of his name...and his hair.

Has Harper done any better? He still denies the recession occurring.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 3:24:36 AM
At 10/18/2015 3:19:00 AM, tajshar2k wrote:

Yes he has done better. He has been steady. Look at Ontario. Mcguinty and now Wynne. Unbelievable corruption and economic suicide. They have destroyed Ontario. I'm not saying Trudeau will be corrupt (but he is a politician) but we will be poorer for it. The deficit wil grow and grow.
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 3:26:37 AM
At 10/18/2015 3:24:36 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

Yes he has done better. He has been steady. Look at Ontario. Mcguinty and now Wynne. Unbelievable corruption and economic suicide. They have destroyed Ontario. I'm not saying Trudeau will be corrupt (but he is a politician) but we will be poorer for it. The deficit wil grow and grow.

Comparing a Province to a Country isn't really a good comparison. Harper economic plans have and dependence on Alberta oil has hurt Canada. Not to mention Bill C 51. It's just another version of the Patriot Act.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 3:45:07 AM
At 10/18/2015 3:26:37 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 10/18/2015 3:24:36 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

Comparing a Province to a Country isn't really a good comparison. Harper economic plans have and dependence on Alberta oil has hurt Canada. Not to mention Bill C 51. It's just another version of the Patriot Act.

I get it that you don't like the Conservatives. We can disagree. Wynne has destroyed the province of Ontario. Her green energy program has made us energy poor and it's getting worse. We've lost thousands of manufacturing jobs that we didn't already lose to China, because they went to jurisdictions with cheaper energy. She has doubled the debt. She wants to introduce a carbon tax. She wants to institute a provincial pension plan. Would you trust her with your money. She is actively campaigning for Trudeau. That alone is enough to scare the hell out of me because its obvious that they have a deal going that is going to cost us all. Trudeau is not qualified to run Canada. He'll be an embarrassment on the world stage. Harper is calm and impressive on that stage.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 3:54:29 AM

We have a lot of dependence on oil because for 10 years the Liberals in Ontario have helped to destroy whats left of our manufacturing base. I agree with Mulclair that we should be refining more of our oil instead of sending it out as crude. However, refineries cost billions to build and you've got native bands and environmentalists, funded by Americans who meddle in our affairs pretty well shutting down pipelines. They even objected to reversing the pipeline from Sarnia to Montreal. This would allow Alberta crude to be refined in Montreal and supply Eastern Canada, thereby eliminating the need for bringing in unethical Middle Eastern oil. This is not Harpers Fault.
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 3:12:39 PM
At 10/18/2015 3:54:29 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

We have a lot of dependence on oil because for 10 years the Liberals in Ontario have helped to destroy whats left of our manufacturing base. I agree with Mulclair that we should be refining more of our oil instead of sending it out as crude. However, refineries cost billions to build and you've got native bands and environmentalists, funded by Americans who meddle in our affairs pretty well shutting down pipelines. They even objected to reversing the pipeline from Sarnia to Montreal. This would allow Alberta crude to be refined in Montreal and supply Eastern Canada, thereby eliminating the need for bringing in unethical Middle Eastern oil. This is not Harpers Fault.

Well, you can't blame the Americans, the Keystone pipeline deal would have put them on the losing side of the deal, and President Obama made the right decision. It environmentally was harmful, and he made the right choice. And why do you care about unethical oil? Oil is oil. If you support putting the environment at risk, by bringing in the low quality oil from Alberta, you should have no problem with oil from the middle-east.

Yes, I never liked Conservatives to begin with. But I really don't care anymore. I have lived in Mississauga, and I see Islamification come right on our doorstep, and all 3 parties do not care. In a couple years, Canada will just turn into another France or England, and will be regretting anything. I live in Illinois now, and it is much better. So, really, I don't care too much about who wins, but due to my unforgettable gratitude towards Canada, I want Canada to do well.

Anyways, back on topic. I still believe Trudeau would be the better leader, Canada needs a different change, because Harper's fiscal policies have failed Canada. Muclair is just a liar, and his plans are worse than all 3. Trudeau is the best choice for me.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 3:57:50 PM

So.. You picking your new hockey captain tomorrow, right?
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 4:04:58 PM
At 10/18/2015 3:57:50 PM, TBR wrote:

So.. You picking your new hockey captain tomorrow, right?

Yep, and you can watch the whole election unfold here: http://www.cbc.ca...
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 5:20:31 PM
At 10/18/2015 3:12:39 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 10/18/2015 3:54:29 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

Well, you can't blame the Americans, the Keystone pipeline deal would have put them on the losing side of the deal, and President Obama made the right decision. It environmentally was harmful, and he made the right choice. And why do you care about unethical oil? Oil is oil. If you support putting the environment at risk, by bringing in the low quality oil from Alberta, you should have no problem with oil from the middle-east.

Yes, I never liked Conservatives to begin with. But I really don't care anymore. I have lived in Mississauga, and I see Islamification come right on our doorstep, and all 3 parties do not care. In a couple years, Canada will just turn into another France or England, and will be regretting anything. I live in Illinois now, and it is much better. So, really, I don't care too much about who wins, but due to my unforgettable gratitude towards Canada, I want Canada to do well.

Anyways, back on topic. I still believe Trudeau would be the better leader, Canada needs a different change, because Harper's fiscal policies have failed Canada. Muclair is just a liar, and his plans are worse than all 3. Trudeau is the best choice for me.

Yes I do blame some Americans. The Tides foundation is the money behind a lot of the pipeline protests, whether it be Keystone or the Western gateway or the reversal of the Ontario - Quebec pipeline or Fracking in New Brunswick. The Rockerfellers are part of that foundation. As for Obama, its only politics. He had to satisfy the left wing environmentalists. As for his record, it's a joke. He has approved enough pipelines tin the U.S. to encircle the globe. Under him the States has become the largest producer of oil and gas. Congress approved the Keystone pipeline. He's holding it up.

As for Alberta oil and the environment, Canada has every right to move its oil across Canada and into the U.S. if Americans want it. We'll sell it to the Chinese if necessary(don't want to see that). We have the 3rd largest reserves in the world. Why by Saudi oil for the east coast when we can use our own. It is our right. As for the nvironment, pipelines are the safest way to transport oil. Remember what jhappened in Lac Megantic, Quebec when that train carrying oil exploded. It wiped out the whole centre of town and killed a lot of people. As for the Oil Sands environmental record, Canada has the strictest laws in the world. You probably don't know this but the entire oil Sands carbon footprint is smaller than one mega coal electrical generating plant in China.
the Islamic point is well taken. I would differentiate between Muslims and Islamists. Islamists are Muslims but the majority if Muslims are not Islamists. Having said that, Did you know Trudeau regularly visits mosques and speaks to Islamic groups that are on the watch list for potential Jihadist issues. One of his top advisers has strong connections to the Muslim Brotherhood. Harper brought in a law to ban the islamist face rag when swearing the oath for Canadian citizenship. This selfish woman was obviously being used as a test to see how far the Islamists can go. This woman took it to the courts and won. Harper is taking it to the supreme court. Trudeau likes the face rag. Most Canadians despise it. Harper is the only leader to come out and say that the biggest threat to Canada is islamist terrorism. Trudeau accuses him of spreading fear.