Total Posts:43|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Trump Rakes in Small Donations

bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 8:58:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Trump is raking in the small donations [http://news.yahoo.com...] with the average size of a donation around $50.46. Apparently, he's raised enough money from donors that he doesn't really need to fund his campaign himself. What's more, he has the largest number of small donors of any candidate except Bernie Sanders.

What does this say about Trump, his campaign, and his electoral prospects?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 9:00:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 8:58:46 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Trump is raking in the small donations [http://news.yahoo.com...] with the average size of a donation around $50.46. Apparently, he's raised enough money from donors that he doesn't really need to fund his campaign himself. What's more, he has the largest number of small donors of any candidate except Bernie Sanders.

What does this say about Trump, his campaign, and his electoral prospects?

It says that my initial campaign prediction was right haha

Trump will win the nomination.

(btw. I'm just stopping by for a bit, while I take a break from running errands. We can chat later.)
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 9:05:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 9:00:37 PM, YYW wrote:
(btw. I'm just stopping by for a bit, while I take a break from running errands. We can chat later.)

Okay.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 10:32:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
What's really amazing to me about Trump is the fact that Republican voters, writ large, do not see through him. They're intoxicated by him... it's incredible.
Tsar of DDO
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 10:40:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 10:32:51 PM, YYW wrote:
What's really amazing to me about Trump is the fact that Republican voters, writ large, do not see through him. They're intoxicated by him... it's incredible.

I have big money saying you are wrong. Even going further, I bet it will be Bush.
YYW
Posts: 36,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 10:47:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 10:40:02 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/18/2015 10:32:51 PM, YYW wrote:
What's really amazing to me about Trump is the fact that Republican voters, writ large, do not see through him. They're intoxicated by him... it's incredible.

I have big money saying you are wrong. Even going further, I bet it will be Bush.

You'll already owe me a steak dinner at Ruth's Chris if Trump gets it, and I'll owe you a martini (or whatever other drink you want) if I'm wrong and he doesn't get it.

Want to bet another steak dinner that Bush won't be the nominee?

For the record, I've already got more than a thousand dollars riding on Trump getting the nomination. He's going to win South Carolina, New Hampshire and Nevada, and once he's done that, it's a done deal.
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 10:51:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 10:47:44 PM, YYW wrote:
For the record, I've already got more than a thousand dollars riding on Trump getting the nomination. He's going to win South Carolina, New Hampshire and Nevada, and once he's done that, it's a done deal.

Really?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 10:55:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 10:51:10 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/18/2015 10:47:44 PM, YYW wrote:
For the record, I've already got more than a thousand dollars riding on Trump getting the nomination. He's going to win South Carolina, New Hampshire and Nevada, and once he's done that, it's a done deal.

Really?

Yup. The odds I got were wonderful. I'm happy to elaborate more on it via PM, though. Don't want to discuss the nature of it all here.
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 11:21:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 10:55:13 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/18/2015 10:51:10 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/18/2015 10:47:44 PM, YYW wrote:
For the record, I've already got more than a thousand dollars riding on Trump getting the nomination. He's going to win South Carolina, New Hampshire and Nevada, and once he's done that, it's a done deal.

Really?

Yup. The odds I got were wonderful. I'm happy to elaborate more on it via PM, though. Don't want to discuss the nature of it all here.

Sure. I'd be interested to here.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
xus00HAY
Posts: 1,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 11:51:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The problem that a republican has with his parties candidates is if they have already won elections in their home state, they have to wonder who has been paying for those other campaigns he has been in. I suppose a corporation may donate a million to someone just because they think he is the best man, But I wouldn't bet on it. Cynical people just can't believe a corporation will give someone a million and not expect anything in return. If a candidate can flood your local news program with advertisements, It makes it look a bit like he was bought and paid for.
What Trump has going for him is he appears to expensive to buy.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 11:56:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 10:47:44 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/18/2015 10:40:02 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/18/2015 10:32:51 PM, YYW wrote:
What's really amazing to me about Trump is the fact that Republican voters, writ large, do not see through him. They're intoxicated by him... it's incredible.

I have big money saying you are wrong. Even going further, I bet it will be Bush.

You'll already owe me a steak dinner at Ruth's Chris if Trump gets it, and I'll owe you a martini (or whatever other drink you want) if I'm wrong and he doesn't get it.

Want to bet another steak dinner that Bush won't be the nominee?

For the record, I've already got more than a thousand dollars riding on Trump getting the nomination. He's going to win South Carolina, New Hampshire and Nevada, and once he's done that, it's a done deal.

Yup. I will double down.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 11:56:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 11:56:24 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/18/2015 10:47:44 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/18/2015 10:40:02 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/18/2015 10:32:51 PM, YYW wrote:
What's really amazing to me about Trump is the fact that Republican voters, writ large, do not see through him. They're intoxicated by him... it's incredible.

I have big money saying you are wrong. Even going further, I bet it will be Bush.

You'll already owe me a steak dinner at Ruth's Chris if Trump gets it, and I'll owe you a martini (or whatever other drink you want) if I'm wrong and he doesn't get it.

Want to bet another steak dinner that Bush won't be the nominee?

For the record, I've already got more than a thousand dollars riding on Trump getting the nomination. He's going to win South Carolina, New Hampshire and Nevada, and once he's done that, it's a done deal.

Yup. I will double down.

I will. I will take Bush for the second dinner ON YOU!
YYW
Posts: 36,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 12:05:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 11:56:24 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/18/2015 10:47:44 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/18/2015 10:40:02 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/18/2015 10:32:51 PM, YYW wrote:
What's really amazing to me about Trump is the fact that Republican voters, writ large, do not see through him. They're intoxicated by him... it's incredible.

I have big money saying you are wrong. Even going further, I bet it will be Bush.

You'll already owe me a steak dinner at Ruth's Chris if Trump gets it, and I'll owe you a martini (or whatever other drink you want) if I'm wrong and he doesn't get it.

Want to bet another steak dinner that Bush won't be the nominee?

For the record, I've already got more than a thousand dollars riding on Trump getting the nomination. He's going to win South Carolina, New Hampshire and Nevada, and once he's done that, it's a done deal.

Yup. I will double down.

lol so bold
Tsar of DDO
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,240
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 12:05:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 10:32:51 PM, YYW wrote:
What's really amazing to me about Trump is the fact that Republican voters, writ large, do not see through him. They're intoxicated by him... it's incredible.

All great politicians know how to sedate the masses. Just look at Bernie, he knows how to promise the goodies.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 12:07:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 12:05:09 AM, YYW wrote:
At 10/18/2015 11:56:24 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/18/2015 10:47:44 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/18/2015 10:40:02 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/18/2015 10:32:51 PM, YYW wrote:
What's really amazing to me about Trump is the fact that Republican voters, writ large, do not see through him. They're intoxicated by him... it's incredible.

I have big money saying you are wrong. Even going further, I bet it will be Bush.

You'll already owe me a steak dinner at Ruth's Chris if Trump gets it, and I'll owe you a martini (or whatever other drink you want) if I'm wrong and he doesn't get it.

Want to bet another steak dinner that Bush won't be the nominee?

For the record, I've already got more than a thousand dollars riding on Trump getting the nomination. He's going to win South Carolina, New Hampshire and Nevada, and once he's done that, it's a done deal.

Yup. I will double down.

lol so bold

Call me crazy, I have some faith in the Republican electorate.
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 1:11:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Trump triumph '16!
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 1:20:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 9:00:37 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/18/2015 8:58:46 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Trump is raking in the small donations [http://news.yahoo.com...] with the average size of a donation around $50.46. Apparently, he's raised enough money from donors that he doesn't really need to fund his campaign himself. What's more, he has the largest number of small donors of any candidate except Bernie Sanders.

What does this say about Trump, his campaign, and his electoral prospects?

It says that my initial campaign prediction was right haha

Trump will win the nomination.

(btw. I'm just stopping by for a bit, while I take a break from running errands. We can chat later.)

If you're wrong I'll be so happy you don't even know lmao ... if you're right I'd still be happy, but only for political reasons.

it's a win/win situation :P
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
YYW
Posts: 36,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 1:23:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 1:20:43 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/18/2015 9:00:37 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/18/2015 8:58:46 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Trump is raking in the small donations [http://news.yahoo.com...] with the average size of a donation around $50.46. Apparently, he's raised enough money from donors that he doesn't really need to fund his campaign himself. What's more, he has the largest number of small donors of any candidate except Bernie Sanders.

What does this say about Trump, his campaign, and his electoral prospects?

It says that my initial campaign prediction was right haha

Trump will win the nomination.

(btw. I'm just stopping by for a bit, while I take a break from running errands. We can chat later.)

If you're wrong I'll be so happy you don't even know lmao ... if you're right I'd still be happy, but only for political reasons.

Well, if I'm right, I'll get a thousand dollars. If I'm wrong... I'll just be out a little over a hundred. I called this a long time back.

But, you really want to see me lose? lol why?

it's a win/win situation :P
Tsar of DDO
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 1:28:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 1:23:51 AM, YYW wrote:
At 10/19/2015 1:20:43 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/18/2015 9:00:37 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/18/2015 8:58:46 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Trump is raking in the small donations [http://news.yahoo.com...] with the average size of a donation around $50.46. Apparently, he's raised enough money from donors that he doesn't really need to fund his campaign himself. What's more, he has the largest number of small donors of any candidate except Bernie Sanders.

What does this say about Trump, his campaign, and his electoral prospects?

It says that my initial campaign prediction was right haha

Trump will win the nomination.

(btw. I'm just stopping by for a bit, while I take a break from running errands. We can chat later.)

If you're wrong I'll be so happy you don't even know lmao ... if you're right I'd still be happy, but only for political reasons.

Well, if I'm right, I'll get a thousand dollars. If I'm wrong... I'll just be out a little over a hundred. I called this a long time back.

But, you really want to see me lose? lol why?

it's a win/win situation :P

lol well, it's not fun when people leave room for the possibility that they're wrong, and then turn out to be wrong. It is, however, quite entertaining when people leave no such possibility and reality slaps them in the face.

Since your prediction falls in the second category, I'm desperately hoping for that result.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
YYW
Posts: 36,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 1:31:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 1:28:25 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/19/2015 1:23:51 AM, YYW wrote:
At 10/19/2015 1:20:43 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/18/2015 9:00:37 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/18/2015 8:58:46 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Trump is raking in the small donations [http://news.yahoo.com...] with the average size of a donation around $50.46. Apparently, he's raised enough money from donors that he doesn't really need to fund his campaign himself. What's more, he has the largest number of small donors of any candidate except Bernie Sanders.

What does this say about Trump, his campaign, and his electoral prospects?

It says that my initial campaign prediction was right haha

Trump will win the nomination.

(btw. I'm just stopping by for a bit, while I take a break from running errands. We can chat later.)

If you're wrong I'll be so happy you don't even know lmao ... if you're right I'd still be happy, but only for political reasons.

Well, if I'm right, I'll get a thousand dollars. If I'm wrong... I'll just be out a little over a hundred. I called this a long time back.

But, you really want to see me lose? lol why?

it's a win/win situation :P

lol well, it's not fun when people leave room for the possibility that they're wrong, and then turn out to be wrong. It is, however, quite entertaining when people leave no such possibility and reality slaps them in the face.

lol well of course I could be wrong, Ike... and if I am, i'll be buying some people dinner. So, I come out better off either way.

Since your prediction falls in the second category, I'm desperately hoping for that result.

lol... that's pretty menacing.
Tsar of DDO
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 1:34:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 1:31:26 AM, YYW wrote:
At 10/19/2015 1:28:25 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/19/2015 1:23:51 AM, YYW wrote:
At 10/19/2015 1:20:43 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/18/2015 9:00:37 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/18/2015 8:58:46 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Trump is raking in the small donations [http://news.yahoo.com...] with the average size of a donation around $50.46. Apparently, he's raised enough money from donors that he doesn't really need to fund his campaign himself. What's more, he has the largest number of small donors of any candidate except Bernie Sanders.

What does this say about Trump, his campaign, and his electoral prospects?

It says that my initial campaign prediction was right haha

Trump will win the nomination.

(btw. I'm just stopping by for a bit, while I take a break from running errands. We can chat later.)

If you're wrong I'll be so happy you don't even know lmao ... if you're right I'd still be happy, but only for political reasons.

Well, if I'm right, I'll get a thousand dollars. If I'm wrong... I'll just be out a little over a hundred. I called this a long time back.

But, you really want to see me lose? lol why?

it's a win/win situation :P

lol well, it's not fun when people leave room for the possibility that they're wrong, and then turn out to be wrong. It is, however, quite entertaining when people leave no such possibility and reality slaps them in the face.

lol well of course I could be wrong, Ike.

lol okay, now I'm satisfied. If you would just append that to everything you write, or at least write such that the opposite is not implied, I would never root for you to be wrong.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
YYW
Posts: 36,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 1:44:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 1:34:26 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/19/2015 1:31:26 AM, YYW wrote:
At 10/19/2015 1:28:25 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/19/2015 1:23:51 AM, YYW wrote:
At 10/19/2015 1:20:43 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/18/2015 9:00:37 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/18/2015 8:58:46 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Trump is raking in the small donations [http://news.yahoo.com...] with the average size of a donation around $50.46. Apparently, he's raised enough money from donors that he doesn't really need to fund his campaign himself. What's more, he has the largest number of small donors of any candidate except Bernie Sanders.

What does this say about Trump, his campaign, and his electoral prospects?

It says that my initial campaign prediction was right haha

Trump will win the nomination.

(btw. I'm just stopping by for a bit, while I take a break from running errands. We can chat later.)

If you're wrong I'll be so happy you don't even know lmao ... if you're right I'd still be happy, but only for political reasons.

Well, if I'm right, I'll get a thousand dollars. If I'm wrong... I'll just be out a little over a hundred. I called this a long time back.

But, you really want to see me lose? lol why?

it's a win/win situation :P

lol well, it's not fun when people leave room for the possibility that they're wrong, and then turn out to be wrong. It is, however, quite entertaining when people leave no such possibility and reality slaps them in the face.

lol well of course I could be wrong, Ike.

lol okay, now I'm satisfied. If you would just append that to everything you write, or at least write such that the opposite is not implied, I would never root for you to be wrong.

So you need me to qualify everything I say so that it doesn't offend your sensibilities?

I'm not going to do that. I like you, but I think that's unreasonable.
Tsar of DDO
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,240
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 10:02:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 12:07:10 AM, TBR wrote:
At 10/19/2015 12:05:09 AM, YYW wrote:
At 10/18/2015 11:56:24 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/18/2015 10:47:44 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/18/2015 10:40:02 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/18/2015 10:32:51 PM, YYW wrote:
What's really amazing to me about Trump is the fact that Republican voters, writ large, do not see through him. They're intoxicated by him... it's incredible.

I have big money saying you are wrong. Even going further, I bet it will be Bush.

You'll already owe me a steak dinner at Ruth's Chris if Trump gets it, and I'll owe you a martini (or whatever other drink you want) if I'm wrong and he doesn't get it.

Want to bet another steak dinner that Bush won't be the nominee?

For the record, I've already got more than a thousand dollars riding on Trump getting the nomination. He's going to win South Carolina, New Hampshire and Nevada, and once he's done that, it's a done deal.

Yup. I will double down.

lol so bold

Call me crazy, I have some faith in the Republican electorate.

You're an idiot then, just look at the past 20 years of nominees....
Objectivity
Posts: 1,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 12:58:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 9:00:37 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/18/2015 8:58:46 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Trump is raking in the small donations [http://news.yahoo.com...] with the average size of a donation around $50.46. Apparently, he's raised enough money from donors that he doesn't really need to fund his campaign himself. What's more, he has the largest number of small donors of any candidate except Bernie Sanders.

What does this say about Trump, his campaign, and his electoral prospects?

It says that my initial campaign prediction was right haha

Trump will win the nomination.

(btw. I'm just stopping by for a bit, while I take a break from running errands. We can chat later.)

Carson is already catching up to Trump in the polls though, the latest FOX news poll put him at only 1% behind Trump. Candidates like Trump don't rebound, he had his 15 minutes of fame and hype, and unless he manages to say something more outlandish than what he has already said, it's only downward from here.
YYW
Posts: 36,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 1:08:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/20/2015 12:58:04 AM, Objectivity wrote:
At 10/18/2015 9:00:37 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/18/2015 8:58:46 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Trump is raking in the small donations [http://news.yahoo.com...] with the average size of a donation around $50.46. Apparently, he's raised enough money from donors that he doesn't really need to fund his campaign himself. What's more, he has the largest number of small donors of any candidate except Bernie Sanders.

What does this say about Trump, his campaign, and his electoral prospects?

It says that my initial campaign prediction was right haha

Trump will win the nomination.

(btw. I'm just stopping by for a bit, while I take a break from running errands. We can chat later.)

Carson is already catching up to Trump in the polls though, the latest FOX news poll put him at only 1% behind Trump. Candidates like Trump don't rebound, he had his 15 minutes of fame and hype, and unless he manages to say something more outlandish than what he has already said, it's only downward from here.

The conventional wisdom has been against Trump since day one, and to simply say that he will fizzle out (which is essentially what you've done) is to ignore the evidence to the contrary. What matters is what people do, not what people say at any particular time in (often poorly done) polls, which is all polls are a metric of. When people give money to a candidate, and especially in the context of that candidate's not even requesting money, that is seriously strong evidence of grassroots support.

Likewise, the *only* polls that you should be looking at are NOT national polls (which you cited) but early primary state polls (read: Nevada, South Carolina, New Hampshire). Those are the ones that matter now, because those primaries are going to cull the more pathetic candidates. National polls--again, what you're citing--are literally meaningless. I say that every election, and I'm going to say it again, until people learn.

The issue is that you think that almost all polls are relevant because they're being taken; that is just not the case, at this state in the election, with very few exceptions. National polls (and especially national favorability polls) are taken to advance media interests, and for no other reason. They are the most profound red herrings in any election.

The ONLY--that is to say, the sole, as in, no other kind--variety of polls that matter where we are now (read: before even the early state primaries) are those in the early states, to the extent that they are consistent over time. All of the early state polls (read: every single one of them) have Trump as the far front-runner, and have, more or less, for nearly two months now.
Tsar of DDO
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 1:19:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/20/2015 1:08:54 AM, YYW wrote:
At 10/20/2015 12:58:04 AM, Objectivity wrote:
At 10/18/2015 9:00:37 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/18/2015 8:58:46 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Trump is raking in the small donations [http://news.yahoo.com...] with the average size of a donation around $50.46. Apparently, he's raised enough money from donors that he doesn't really need to fund his campaign himself. What's more, he has the largest number of small donors of any candidate except Bernie Sanders.

What does this say about Trump, his campaign, and his electoral prospects?

It says that my initial campaign prediction was right haha

Trump will win the nomination.

(btw. I'm just stopping by for a bit, while I take a break from running errands. We can chat later.)

Carson is already catching up to Trump in the polls though, the latest FOX news poll put him at only 1% behind Trump. Candidates like Trump don't rebound, he had his 15 minutes of fame and hype, and unless he manages to say something more outlandish than what he has already said, it's only downward from here.

The conventional wisdom has been against Trump since day one, and to simply say that he will fizzle out (which is essentially what you've done) is to ignore the evidence to the contrary. What matters is what people do, not what people say at any particular time in (often poorly done) polls, which is all polls are a metric of. When people give money to a candidate, and especially in the context of that candidate's not even requesting money, that is seriously strong evidence of grassroots support.

Likewise, the *only* polls that you should be looking at are NOT national polls (which you cited) but early primary state polls (read: Nevada, South Carolina, New Hampshire). Those are the ones that matter now, because those primaries are going to cull the more pathetic candidates. National polls--again, what you're citing--are literally meaningless. I say that every election, and I'm going to say it again, until people learn.

The issue is that you think that almost all polls are relevant because they're being taken; that is just not the case, at this state in the election, with very few exceptions. National polls (and especially national favorability polls) are taken to advance media interests, and for no other reason. They are the most profound red herrings in any election.

The ONLY--that is to say, the sole, as in, no other kind--variety of polls that matter where we are now (read: before even the early state primaries) are those in the early states, to the extent that they are consistent over time. All of the early state polls (read: every single one of them) have Trump as the far front-runner, and have, more or less, for nearly two months now.

Trump is polling worse than Dean in early states, and... Well we know what happened. Just saying.
YYW
Posts: 36,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 1:25:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/20/2015 1:19:33 AM, TBR wrote:
At 10/20/2015 1:08:54 AM, YYW wrote:
At 10/20/2015 12:58:04 AM, Objectivity wrote:
At 10/18/2015 9:00:37 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/18/2015 8:58:46 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Trump is raking in the small donations [http://news.yahoo.com...] with the average size of a donation around $50.46. Apparently, he's raised enough money from donors that he doesn't really need to fund his campaign himself. What's more, he has the largest number of small donors of any candidate except Bernie Sanders.

What does this say about Trump, his campaign, and his electoral prospects?

It says that my initial campaign prediction was right haha

Trump will win the nomination.

(btw. I'm just stopping by for a bit, while I take a break from running errands. We can chat later.)

Carson is already catching up to Trump in the polls though, the latest FOX news poll put him at only 1% behind Trump. Candidates like Trump don't rebound, he had his 15 minutes of fame and hype, and unless he manages to say something more outlandish than what he has already said, it's only downward from here.

The conventional wisdom has been against Trump since day one, and to simply say that he will fizzle out (which is essentially what you've done) is to ignore the evidence to the contrary. What matters is what people do, not what people say at any particular time in (often poorly done) polls, which is all polls are a metric of. When people give money to a candidate, and especially in the context of that candidate's not even requesting money, that is seriously strong evidence of grassroots support.

Likewise, the *only* polls that you should be looking at are NOT national polls (which you cited) but early primary state polls (read: Nevada, South Carolina, New Hampshire). Those are the ones that matter now, because those primaries are going to cull the more pathetic candidates. National polls--again, what you're citing--are literally meaningless. I say that every election, and I'm going to say it again, until people learn.

The issue is that you think that almost all polls are relevant because they're being taken; that is just not the case, at this state in the election, with very few exceptions. National polls (and especially national favorability polls) are taken to advance media interests, and for no other reason. They are the most profound red herrings in any election.

The ONLY--that is to say, the sole, as in, no other kind--variety of polls that matter where we are now (read: before even the early state primaries) are those in the early states, to the extent that they are consistent over time. All of the early state polls (read: every single one of them) have Trump as the far front-runner, and have, more or less, for nearly two months now.

Trump is polling worse than Dean in early states, and... Well we know what happened. Just saying.

That is completely meaningless, and Trump is only doing worse than Dean was at the analogical time in some early primary states.

The reason's why it's completely meaningless are these:

1. Dean is a democrat; Trump is a Republican. Republicans and Democrats do not vote alike, or for the same reasons.

2. The Democratic party was in a different place then than the Republican party is now, in relation to the party in power. the Democrats were not the party out of power by a president that they almost universally believed would irreparably destroy the country. As an example of how Republicans view Obama, one noteworthy politician indicated that she believed Obama would bring about "the biblical end of days."

3. There are fundamental differences between the Republican base and the Democratic base, which made Dean unelectable to Democrats, but whereas the exact same personality traits would make Trump more electable for the purpose of contrasting him (a) with Obama, and (b) with other "weaklings" in the GOP.
Tsar of DDO
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 1:26:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 8:58:46 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Trump is raking in the small donations [http://news.yahoo.com...] with the average size of a donation around $50.46. Apparently, he's raised enough money from donors that he doesn't really need to fund his campaign himself. What's more, he has the largest number of small donors of any candidate except Bernie Sanders.

What does this say about Trump, his campaign, and his electoral prospects?

His voter base consists of dumb poor people so it doesnt surprise me that much
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 1:40:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The reason's why it's completely meaningless are these:

1. Dean is a democrat; Trump is a Republican. Republicans and Democrats do not vote alike, or for the same reasons.

2. The Democratic party was in a different place then than the Republican party is now, in relation to the party in power. the Democrats were not the party out of power by a president that they almost universally believed would irreparably destroy the country. As an example of how Republicans view Obama, one noteworthy politician indicated that she believed Obama would bring about "the biblical end of days."

Welll. We were out of power with a president the left though was bring the biblical end of days, so....


3. There are fundamental differences between the Republican base and the Democratic base, which made Dean unelectable to Democrats, but whereas the exact same personality traits would make Trump more electable for the purpose of contrasting him (a) with Obama, and (b) with other "weaklings" in the GOP.
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 5:30:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/20/2015 1:25:31 AM, YYW wrote:

As an example of how Republicans view Obama, one noteworthy politician indicated that she believed Obama would bring about "the biblical end of days."

Ill bet any amount of money that it was Palin or Bachmann who said that
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015