Jump to topic:

Light analysis on the Democratic debate

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 5:56:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm bored, so I'll give you some of my thoughts on this.

Racism/sexism: this statement came more than once during the debate. At least once by Hillary. They stated something along the lines of "we may disagree a lot on this stage, but atleast we aren't racist and sexist. The statement is clearly implying that anybody who is pro life or anti immigration is a sexist or racist. I'm not even sure the reason for making the statements. It earns you no votes and just hurts you with all the voters that have those positions, but are willing to vote for you. It's also clearly intellectually dishonest. There are very good reasons to be pro life or anti immigration, that aren't sexist or racist. The sexism comment is even stupider than the racism one. I mean I've heard racist people, be anti immigration, but I've never seen an openly sexist person (AKA MGOW) take a strong pro life stance.

Hillary Clinton: piggy backing off the last topic: I thought this hurt Hillary Clinton the most. She's pretty much going to win the vote, and Republicans are actually willing to vote for Clintons. I didn't understand hurting that segment of your voting block by demonizing all Republicans and also anybody who is pro life or anti immigration and happen to be a Democrat. Her saying "Obama Chose me" about 5 times and pausing after weds trying to basically "pimp" Obam that way and win his voters in the primary seemed low class. It also hurts her if Biden chooses to run. If one of your big premises is that "Obama chose you", how bad are you hurting yourself if Biden runs. It seems stupid, but the statement is one of the reasons I think Biden isn't running. I don't think she'd say them unless she knew for a fact he wasn't running. I also think, despite it being unethical to pimp your affiliation with Obama, that it was nice seeing a white woman pimp a black guy for a nice change of pace.

Bernie Sanders: What the hell was with him taking up for Clinton on those E-mails. Just shut your mouth and let her fight that bad press on her own. You can take up that cause if she wins the primaries. His conspiracy theory that Sandra Bland was murdered that he brought up during the debate was absurd. I mean why in the hell would he be talking about absurd conspiracy theories in the middle of a debate? It made him seem stupid, in my opinion. It's like he is a naive idealist old man, and he lived up to that impression. It didn't seem presidential to engage in conspiracy theories, that are obviously wrong. I was intrigued by his free college plan. I wish we could have heard more details about his plan vs Clintons plans. As a Libertarian, I'm against subsidies for anything, but with the very little knowledge I have on Clinton and Sander's free college plans, It seems Sander's plan is better. Clinton just wants to help poor kids out. It's the government picking favorites again, which is clearly unethical. Clinton's plan will probably end up like other things to help the poor. It involves a lot of Beauracracy to get your subsidy, and most of the time you think it's not even available for you. So Clinton's plan won't even be used as much as it could be to help the poor if it gets implemented. The Bernie Sander's plan is automatic and benefits everybody. There is no question whether it's available for you, because it's available to everyone. It doesn't involve you spending 40 hours of your time tracking down your pay stubs, your parents pay stubs, your W2 and dealing with all types of beauracracies. Bernie's plan cuts all that out, and there is no question it applies to you. His plan would actually be used by poor kids to get an education.

Jim Webb: he's an extremely sexy dude. He killed some commies, so that's a plus. He actually probably had a hard time keeping his hands off the commies on stage with him. My only problem with him is his whinyness. He didn't seem very presidential there. Why is he crying about time? He clearly sucks at strategy. He probably had very little influence on the rules that were imposed, but if he was willing to engage in a little bit of mudslinging, he could've gotten more time. I understand he was probably the toughest guy on that stage, but he made himself look like the weakest.

Anderson Cooper: I thought he did an excellent job hosting the debate. He asked some tough questions, and He brought a couple of people down, when he needed to. When somebody was dismissive of a question on a lot of people's minds, he reminded them that it's a question a lot of people would like to hear the answer to and is important to them.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 6:36:34 PM
At 10/19/2015 5:56:54 PM, Wylted wrote:
I'm bored, so I'll give you some of my thoughts on this.

Racism/sexism: this statement came more than once during the debate. At least once by Hillary. They stated something along the lines of "we may disagree a lot on this stage, but atleast we aren't racist and sexist. The statement is clearly implying that anybody who is pro life or anti immigration is a sexist or racist. I'm not even sure the reason for making the statements. It earns you no votes and just hurts you with all the voters that have those positions, but are willing to vote for you. It's also clearly intellectually dishonest. There are very good reasons to be pro life or anti immigration, that aren't sexist or racist. The sexism comment is even stupider than the racism one. I mean I've heard racist people, be anti immigration, but I've never seen an openly sexist person (AKA MGOW) take a strong pro life stance.

Hillary Clinton: piggy backing off the last topic: I thought this hurt Hillary Clinton the most. She's pretty much going to win the vote, and Republicans are actually willing to vote for Clintons. I didn't understand hurting that segment of your voting block by demonizing all Republicans and also anybody who is pro life or anti immigration and happen to be a Democrat. Her saying "Obama Chose me" about 5 times and pausing after weds trying to basically "pimp" Obam that way and win his voters in the primary seemed low class. It also hurts her if Biden chooses to run. If one of your big premises is that "Obama chose you", how bad are you hurting yourself if Biden runs. It seems stupid, but the statement is one of the reasons I think Biden isn't running. I don't think she'd say them unless she knew for a fact he wasn't running. I also think, despite it being unethical to pimp your affiliation with Obama, that it was nice seeing a white woman pimp a black guy for a nice change of pace.

Bernie Sanders: What the hell was with him taking up for Clinton on those E-mails. Just shut your mouth and let her fight that bad press on her own. You can take up that cause if she wins the primaries. His conspiracy theory that Sandra Bland was murdered that he brought up during the debate was absurd. I mean why in the hell would he be talking about absurd conspiracy theories in the middle of a debate? It made him seem stupid, in my opinion. It's like he is a naive idealist old man, and he lived up to that impression. It didn't seem presidential to engage in conspiracy theories, that are obviously wrong. I was intrigued by his free college plan. I wish we could have heard more details about his plan vs Clintons plans. As a Libertarian, I'm against subsidies for anything, but with the very little knowledge I have on Clinton and Sander's free college plans, It seems Sander's plan is better. Clinton just wants to help poor kids out. It's the government picking favorites again, which is clearly unethical. Clinton's plan will probably end up like other things to help the poor. It involves a lot of Beauracracy to get your subsidy, and most of the time you think it's not even available for you. So Clinton's plan won't even be used as much as it could be to help the poor if it gets implemented. The Bernie Sander's plan is automatic and benefits everybody. There is no question whether it's available for you, because it's available to everyone. It doesn't involve you spending 40 hours of your time tracking down your pay stubs, your parents pay stubs, your W2 and dealing with all types of beauracracies. Bernie's plan cuts all that out, and there is no question it applies to you. His plan would actually be used by poor kids to get an education.

Jim Webb: he's an extremely sexy dude. He killed some commies, so that's a plus. He actually probably had a hard time keeping his hands off the commies on stage with him. My only problem with him is his whinyness. He didn't seem very presidential there. Why is he crying about time? He clearly sucks at strategy. He probably had very little influence on the rules that were imposed, but if he was willing to engage in a little bit of mudslinging, he could've gotten more time. I understand he was probably the toughest guy on that stage, but he made himself look like the weakest.

Anderson Cooper: I thought he did an excellent job hosting the debate. He asked some tough questions, and He brought a couple of people down, when he needed to. When somebody was dismissive of a question on a lot of people's minds, he reminded them that it's a question a lot of people would like to hear the answer to and is important to them.

It's got to be a short reply, on phone. The only people with a problem with sanders "standing up" for Clinton has been conservatives. The left side of the isle was very happy with that, it got Sanders huge props. It's a different mentality, really. Call it good or bad, we didn't want anyone roasted over pseudo scandals, and Chafee attempting to move it anwwherr fell very flat.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 7:25:10 PM
"It's got to be a short reply, on phone. The only people with a problem with sanders "standing up" for Clinton has been conservatives. The left side of the isle was very happy with that, it got Sanders huge props. It's a different mentality, really. Call it good or bad, we didn't want anyone roasted over pseudo scandals, and Chafee attempting to move it anwwherr fell very flat."

I feel as if it gained him no votes, but could very well lose him some votes from people skeptical of Clinton's morality. It's basically an endorsement of Clinton. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if it caused a certain percentage of votes to leave him, and directly go to Clinton. I got no problem with him saying it, but it's a tactical mistake.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 8:21:08 PM
At 10/19/2015 7:25:10 PM, Wylted wrote:
"It's got to be a short reply, on phone. The only people with a problem with sanders "standing up" for Clinton has been conservatives. The left side of the isle was very happy with that, it got Sanders huge props. It's a different mentality, really. Call it good or bad, we didn't want anyone roasted over pseudo scandals, and Chafee attempting to move it anwwherr fell very flat."

I feel as if it gained him no votes, but could very well lose him some votes from people skeptical of Clinton's morality. It's basically an endorsement of Clinton. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if it caused a certain percentage of votes to leave him, and directly go to Clinton. I got no problem with him saying it, but it's a tactical mistake.

Well, I accept that I could be wrong, but that is not what I have seen on the political (left) boards etc. I am having a hard time explaining what I think I am trying to get at... It simply seems to me that almost everyone on the left has no interest in that sort of attack. For the primary, this was a net positive for Sanders. It was exactly what they wanted.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 8:55:38 PM

Not if he's running to be Vice President its not.

Sanders has a huge enough part of the vote to at least be in the conversation among Hillary's team to consider him as a possible VP pick... If Sanders therefore lays off of Clinton about her emails and plays it cool, he's bettering himself to be in position to get the VP nod from Hillary once she gets nominated. If he calls Hillary out on it though, he is only joining in with the GOP in ganging up on her over it, and Hillary could very well turn elsewhere for a VP since the last thing Hillary needs is a VP who at one point gave her crap about her emails themselves
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 9:25:34 PM
At 10/19/2015 8:55:38 PM, imabench wrote:

Not if he's running to be Vice President its not.

That's a good point. He could be kissing her behind to win that spot.

Sanders has a huge enough part of the vote to at least be in the conversation among Hillary's team to consider him as a possible VP pick... If Sanders therefore lays off of Clinton about her emails and plays it cool, he's bettering himself to be in position to get the VP nod from Hillary once she gets nominated. If he calls Hillary out on it though, he is only joining in with the GOP in ganging up on her over it, and Hillary could very well turn elsewhere for a VP since the last thing Hillary needs is a VP who at one point gave her crap about her emails themselves

Well, I'm being a bit misunderstood. I think attacking her on the E-mails would be a bigger blunder than supporting her. I believe in this situation, silence is the best option, from a strategic point of view. However if he is running for Vice President, you may be right.

I know I wouldn't pick him as a VP, if I was Hillary. He has enough antiestablishment support that more nut cases would attempt assassination attempts on Hillary to get him that office.