Jump to topic:

Interesting Malaria Article

TheProphett
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 11:52:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I was just reading The Economist, and the main article in this week's issue is about the need to eradicate Malaria in the world. The writers say that we could have done it fifty years ago, but governments and agencies for eradication declared victory too early, and it bounced back heavily. They also suggested that political attention on the world stage is vital to the eradication of deadly diseases, i.e. malaria.

The question I am asking is: Why isn't disease eradication on a global scale a more important topic in the U.S. government? I certainly don't hear Obama or the candidates emphasizing the need for complete removal of diseases. Should this be a larger issue in the political spotlight?
Topics I would like to debate: https://docs.google.com...

Epic Quotes:

She's a cunning linguist, but I'm a master debater - Austin Powers

Economic Forum Revival Co-Leader

If you are interested in starting a political journal for the site, please contact me.
TheProphett
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 11:53:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 11:52:35 PM, TheProphett wrote:
I was just reading The Economist, and the main article in this week's issue is about the need to eradicate Malaria in the world. The writers say that we could have done it fifty years ago, but governments and agencies for eradication declared victory too early, and it bounced back heavily. They also suggested that political attention on the world stage is vital to the eradication of deadly diseases, i.e. malaria.

The question I am asking is: Why isn't disease eradication on a global scale a more important topic in the U.S. government? I certainly don't hear Obama or the candidates emphasizing the need for complete removal of diseases. Should this be a larger issue in the political spotlight?

Last week's issue technically*
Topics I would like to debate: https://docs.google.com...

Epic Quotes:

She's a cunning linguist, but I'm a master debater - Austin Powers

Economic Forum Revival Co-Leader

If you are interested in starting a political journal for the site, please contact me.