Jump to topic:

Emergence of Political Parties

ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2015 11:51:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Political parties have been around nearly since the birth of our nation, beginning as the Federalists and Democratic-Republicans. Alexander Hamilton was renowned for spearheading the Federalists while Thomas Jefferson did the same for his Democratic-Republicans.

What events solidified these political parties and how did they transform into the two parties we know today, the Democrats and Republicans?
On balance, which party holds the *best* views?
Has the separation of parties been beneficial in the long run?
Should we have strived for a unified nation and single party system as George Washington advised?
Thoughts in general?
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2015 11:56:43 PM
George Washington did not advocate for a single party system. I can understand the confusion though. He was against political parties altogether.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 10:51:05 PM
At 10/21/2015 11:56:43 PM, Wylted wrote:
George Washington did not advocate for a single party system. I can understand the confusion though. He was against political parties altogether.

I should have clarified... He was against political parties, and believed instead that the nation should be unified without division, which is what political parties would create. Sorry for the confusion.
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 10:51:21 PM
At 10/21/2015 11:59:13 PM, Wylted wrote:
http://m.washingtontimes.com...

Good read. :)