Jump to topic:

Republicans made a mistake - Benghazi

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 8:45:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
They have given Clinton a full day of media coverage making her look very important and very capable.

You may be partisan now. Say how wrong I am, but the truth hurts. Most people are not going to see what a hyper partisan sees. They saw a very presidential Clinton.
Bosoxfaninla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2015 6:04:06 AM
I consider myself a conservative and I'm pissed off with the republican's response to this obvious tragedy. They've had nearly 3 years to address this issue but they wait until the election cycle to do so. It's giving the republicans the bad image in my mind. How many of those who took part in these hearings are doing so because they want justice? Very few if any at all. They're merrily trying to taint Clinton's campaign which is dirty politics, let the policies be the death of Clinton. I can't stand Bernie Sanders but he was 100% when he said we're sick and tired of this nonsense, and he acted much more professionally than any of the Republicans in their debate (except for Carson). An election should be based off the issues, not scandals.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2015 2:32:33 PM
At 10/23/2015 6:04:06 AM, Bosoxfaninla wrote:
I consider myself a conservative and I'm pissed off with the republican's response to this obvious tragedy. They've had nearly 3 years to address this issue but they wait until the election cycle to do so. It's giving the republicans the bad image in my mind. How many of those who took part in these hearings are doing so because they want justice? Very few if any at all. They're merrily trying to taint Clinton's campaign which is dirty politics, let the policies be the death of Clinton. I can't stand Bernie Sanders but he was 100% when he said we're sick and tired of this nonsense, and he acted much more professionally than any of the Republicans in their debate (except for Carson). An election should be based off the issues, not scandals.

All I can say is, yup.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2015 2:36:37 PM
At 10/23/2015 2:32:33 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/23/2015 6:04:06 AM, Bosoxfaninla wrote:

All I can say is, yup.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2015 2:47:05 PM
At 10/22/2015 8:45:39 PM, TBR wrote:
They have given Clinton a full day of media coverage making her look very important and very capable.

You may be partisan now. Say how wrong I am, but the truth hurts. Most people are not going to see what a hyper partisan sees. They saw a very presidential Clinton.

This is basically why congressional Republicans are pretty stupid. Trey Gowdy is one of the most aggressive, reckless, and juvenile members of our national legislature, and he was, at the same time, convinced that he would find a smoking gun... that simply did not exist.

Gowdy thought that he could lead a crusade against one of the most intelligent, sophisticated, experienced public servants in this country's history; in reality he made a fool of himself, and his party, along with each and every other Republican that spoke.

Clinton was suave; she commanded the room, and did so with a kind of precision and meticulousness that made her look more presidential than any other candidate I have ever seen, pre-election.

The committee may have begun as a partisan hatchet job, and indeed it was a partisan hatchet job, by partisan hacks, to capitalize on a national tragedy for their own political purposes. But, it ended with this country's impression of President Hillary Clinton.

Gowdy just guaranteed Clinton's election.
Tsar of DDO
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2015 3:06:17 PM
At 10/23/2015 2:47:05 PM, YYW wrote:

This is basically why congressional Republicans are pretty stupid. Trey Gowdy is one of the most aggressive, reckless, and juvenile members of our national legislature, and he was, at the same time, convinced that he would find a smoking gun... that simply did not exist.

Gowdy thought that he could lead a crusade against one of the most intelligent, sophisticated, experienced public servants in this country's history; in reality he made a fool of himself, and his party, along with each and every other Republican that spoke.

Clinton was suave; she commanded the room, and did so with a kind of precision and meticulousness that made her look more presidential than any other candidate I have ever seen, pre-election.

The committee may have begun as a partisan hatchet job, and indeed it was a partisan hatchet job, by partisan hacks, to capitalize on a national tragedy for their own political purposes. But, it ended with this country's impression of President Hillary Clinton.

I agree. She was big in the room. They, all of them, were small. I say Duckworth came off second best, and Cummings is always nice to have around, but Hillary looked like the adult in a room full of children.

Again, I know how I will see it. When I take off my partisan hat, and look the other way around (honestly) I would be very unhappy with my party staging that stunt.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2015 3:08:40 PM
Gowdy, creep that he is, was flat-footed in post interview. "What did you learn". "Uhhhh... Well... we knew most of that... well.... I think ummmm.."

Thanks Republicans. That was great!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2015 3:10:02 PM
At 10/23/2015 3:06:17 PM, TBR wrote:

I agree. She was big in the room. They, all of them, were small. I say Duckworth came off second best, and Cummings is always nice to have around, but Hillary looked like the adult in a room full of children.

Cummings, I think, was sort of like the Democratic resident troll, which really I thought was fitting. He just openly mocked the Republicans, and relatively effectively. Many Republicans I'm sure will have taken great offense to that, but be more or less "wiped the floor with their faces" (to utilize a sophomoric phrase befitting of the sophomoric guise that the committee conducted itself under).

Again, I know how I will see it. When I take off my partisan hat, and look the other way around (honestly) I would be very unhappy with my party staging that stunt.

I agree. If I was a Republican, I would be disgusted with Trey Gowdy. I would in fact do what I could to end his political career, because he is a threat to the establishment and a threat to the party. Not to mention the fact that his multimillion dollar waste of taxpayer money basically has now strengthened their party's opponent.

That's gotta suck... haha
Tsar of DDO
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2015 4:41:32 PM

I wouldn't go that far, but I do think that Gowdy's committee will push those who already support Hillary more in favor of voting than her rather than pushing them away from voting for her.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2015 6:38:41 PM
At 10/23/2015 4:43:27 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Ben who?

It took me a second but then I understood what you were getting at... Well played sir, well played

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2015 6:40:25 PM
The partisan in me is delighted that Trey Gowdy is such a failure. The American in me laments that this is where we are as a country.
Tsar of DDO