Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

Benghazi Committee a Win for Clinton

bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2015 9:48:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The media seems to have reached a near-unanimous conclusion: The Benghazi hearing was great for Clinton.

"At one point, the proceedings turned into a shouting match between Gowdy and Cummings. Clinton straightened the papers on the table in front of her, pausing occasionally to contemplate Gowdy or to smile at Cummings. There were several more rounds of questions, in which her interrogators manifested all of Washington"s pathologies--dysfunction, partisan squabbling, insularity--in such extreme form that Clinton came across not only as a grownup, as her supporters had hoped, but as the most normal person in the room." [http://www.newyorker.com...]

Even Conservative media seems to agree (somewhat): http://www.theatlantic.com...

This analysis is especially hilarious and worth a read: http://www.rollingstone.com...

==================================

Thoughts?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Posts: 21,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2015 9:55:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/23/2015 9:48:54 PM, bsh1 wrote:
The media seems to have reached a near-unanimous conclusion: The Benghazi hearing was great for Clinton.

"At one point, the proceedings turned into a shouting match between Gowdy and Cummings. Clinton straightened the papers on the table in front of her, pausing occasionally to contemplate Gowdy or to smile at Cummings. There were several more rounds of questions, in which her interrogators manifested all of Washington"s pathologies--dysfunction, partisan squabbling, insularity--in such extreme form that Clinton came across not only as a grownup, as her supporters had hoped, but as the most normal person in the room." [http://www.newyorker.com...]

Even Conservative media seems to agree (somewhat): http://www.theatlantic.com...

This analysis is especially hilarious and worth a read: http://www.rollingstone.com...

==================================

Thoughts?

Democrats who were already supporting Clinton will likely support her further,
Republicans who hate Clinton will find some reason to not cut her some slack,
Undecided voters wont care because they have no idea what happened in the hearing.

Thats my guess
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2015 9:57:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/23/2015 9:48:54 PM, bsh1 wrote:
The media seems to have reached a near-unanimous conclusion: The Benghazi hearing was great for Clinton.

"At one point, the proceedings turned into a shouting match between Gowdy and Cummings. Clinton straightened the papers on the table in front of her, pausing occasionally to contemplate Gowdy or to smile at Cummings. There were several more rounds of questions, in which her interrogators manifested all of Washington"s pathologies--dysfunction, partisan squabbling, insularity--in such extreme form that Clinton came across not only as a grownup, as her supporters had hoped, but as the most normal person in the room." [http://www.newyorker.com...]

Even Conservative media seems to agree (somewhat): http://www.theatlantic.com...

This analysis is especially hilarious and worth a read: http://www.rollingstone.com...

==================================

Thoughts?

Yea, agreed. They gave her 9 hours of tv time to look like the most professional person in the field
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2015 9:58:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/23/2015 9:57:04 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/23/2015 9:48:54 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Thoughts?

Yea, agreed. They gave her 9 hours of tv time to look like the most professional person in the field

So much this.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2015 10:10:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/23/2015 9:58:45 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/23/2015 9:57:04 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/23/2015 9:48:54 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Thoughts?

Yea, agreed. They gave her 9 hours of tv time to look like the most professional person in the field

So much this.

She was not always this good. Shows what experience can do.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2015 10:18:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Again. She is not my candidate, however, that display showed more of her statesmanship than any debate or speech could ever do.