Jump to topic:

Can Donald Trump make us safe?

Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 1:53:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I think his message appeals most to terrorists, I believe he will invite terrorist attacks; he certainly will not make us safe.

His message is that America's leaders are stupid, that we are an incompetent world leader, and now he tells the world that the worst terrorist attack against this country was the president"s fault. He has tapped into a Xenophobia in this country that I didn't realize existed, at least not to such extent. He is hell bent on polarizing the world into "us" and "them", his followers like that he speaks "unfiltered, they know he will anger the rest of the world and apparently they want that. He angers people for entertainment value and he always makes it personal.

The World Trade Center and Pentagon were targeted for a reason, one was a symbol of our wealth and greed, the other was a symbol of our strength and power. The attack was choreographed for maximum air time and exposure, they were making a statement. If we elect this troll entertainer who has no redeeming presidential qualities whatsoever, simply because he is rich and abrasive, it will be an inspiring validation of the statement that was made on 9/11. The Donald will be nothing but a symbol of this counties wealth, greed, egomania, and hatred of foreigners, he will sit in the White House thumbing his nose at the rest of the world like the clown that he is, but it will no longer be comical or entertaining. He will inflate the hatred our enemies have of this country, and he will make it personal, and he has already advised that if you attack our country, we will blame the president.

Sure, he's entertaining, but let's be serious about the most important and powerful job in the world, can anyone possibly believe that electing this egomaniac will make us safer? I have shown that am willing to die for my country, but hell no, I am not willing to die for this a$$hole.

If we actually elect this incompetent buffoon, heaven help us, because there is no doubt in my mind that we will pay dearly.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
trojan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 2:48:51 PM
At 10/25/2015 1:53:22 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
I think his message appeals most to terrorists, I believe he will invite terrorist attacks; he certainly will not make us safe.

His message is that America's leaders are stupid, that we are an incompetent world leader, and now he tells the world that the worst terrorist attack against this country was the president"s fault. He has tapped into a Xenophobia in this country that I didn't realize existed, at least not to such extent. He is hell bent on polarizing the world into "us" and "them", his followers like that he speaks "unfiltered, they know he will anger the rest of the world and apparently they want that. He angers people for entertainment value and he always makes it personal.

The World Trade Center and Pentagon were targeted for a reason, one was a symbol of our wealth and greed, the other was a symbol of our strength and power. The attack was choreographed for maximum air time and exposure, they were making a statement. If we elect this troll entertainer who has no redeeming presidential qualities whatsoever, simply because he is rich and abrasive, it will be an inspiring validation of the statement that was made on 9/11. The Donald will be nothing but a symbol of this counties wealth, greed, egomania, and hatred of foreigners, he will sit in the White House thumbing his nose at the rest of the world like the clown that he is, but it will no longer be comical or entertaining. He will inflate the hatred our enemies have of this country, and he will make it personal, and he has already advised that if you attack our country, we will blame the president.

Sure, he's entertaining, but let's be serious about the most important and powerful job in the world, can anyone possibly believe that electing this egomaniac will make us safer? I have shown that am willing to die for my country, but hell no, I am not willing to die for this a$$hole.

If we actually elect this incompetent buffoon, heaven help us, because there is no doubt in my mind that we will pay dearly. : :

You need to watch this;

https://www.youtube.com...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 4:09:41 PM
At 10/25/2015 3:34:03 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
The first step to recovery for a nation is to admit we fvucked up.

The last two f**kups were both named Bush. Who would trust the party that is that messed -up.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 4:11:23 PM
At 10/25/2015 4:09:41 PM, TBR wrote:

The last two f**kups were both named Bush. Who would trust the party that is that messed -up.

At least Trump has the balls to say his party fucked up.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 4:19:05 PM
At 10/25/2015 4:09:41 PM, TBR wrote:

I mean let's get real here, Jeb won't win because the average conservative voter may be stupid, but not so stupid as to believe the Bushes were good for the country. Most know deep down inside W really screwed us as a nation. I was thinking about something while teaching my high school students. We have had troops in the Middle East longer than these teens have been alive.... What a clusterfuck. So yah Bush didn't make us safer; and when truth be told, Obama's 3000 Drone kills aren't making things safer for us either.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 4:22:32 PM
We have had troops in the Middle East longer than these teens have been alive....

This is what is creeping me out right now. There was a poll and discussion about training soldiers in torture techniques, and YES was kicking a$$. This is the legacy, and it is very disturbing.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 4:23:41 PM
Sorry, my point is, we have children coming of age who have lived their entire lives in a bi11sh1t "war on terror" mindset. It is not healthy.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 4:25:16 PM
At 10/25/2015 4:22:32 PM, TBR wrote:
We have had troops in the Middle East longer than these teens have been alive....

This is what is creeping me out right now. There was a poll and discussion about training soldiers in torture techniques, and YES was kicking a$$. This is the legacy, and it is very disturbing.

http://drones.pitchinteractive.com...

Drones from both W and Obama.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 4:28:14 PM
At 10/25/2015 4:25:16 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 10/25/2015 4:22:32 PM, TBR wrote:

http://drones.pitchinteractive.com...

Drones from both W and Obama.

I'm not disagreeing with Obama and drones. Hell, I am still pissed that gitmo is open. That was a big broken promise to us.

Now, Obama has on the whole, Obama has been a successful president. Not everything has been great, but I can't expect that from anyone. He will go down as a "good" president. Bush will be in the bottom tier forever. The father, below average.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 4:29:49 PM
My communication skills suck today. I am saying, yea Obama's use of drones is disturbing to me. I do NOT like how we have just limped along in the middle-east. Someone has to step-up and just get us the he11 out of that mess.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 4:30:31 PM
At 10/25/2015 4:28:14 PM, TBR wrote:
but I can't expect that from anyone.

It's my personal crusade as a teacher to change that mindset.
TheProphett
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 4:33:28 PM
At 10/25/2015 4:29:49 PM, TBR wrote:
My communication skills suck today. I am saying, yea Obama's use of drones is disturbing to me. I do NOT like how we have just limped along in the middle-east. Someone has to step-up and just get us the he11 out of that mess.

Countries need the ability to act of their own accord regarding their regional situation. When that day comes, the U.S. and other powerful nations can withdraw permanently.
Topics I would like to debate: https://docs.google.com...

Epic Quotes:

She's a cunning linguist, but I'm a master debater - Austin Powers

Economic Forum Revival Co-Leader

If you are interested in starting a political journal for the site, please contact me.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 4:34:38 PM
At 10/25/2015 4:33:28 PM, TheProphett wrote:

Countries need the ability to act of their own accord regarding their regional situation. When that day comes, the U.S. and other powerful nations can withdraw permanently.

They won't have that ability unless we withdraw.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 4:39:02 PM
At 10/25/2015 4:30:31 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

I can never, no American should, expect the president to align perfectly with their wishes. The "where is my pony" mindset.

But, back to the endless war mindset. Around this site I see it in the teens. It is very disturbing to me.
TheProphett
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 4:39:27 PM
At 10/25/2015 4:34:38 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 10/25/2015 4:33:28 PM, TheProphett wrote:

They won't have that ability unless we withdraw.

They have been cutting eachother's heads off because of religious differences long before we got there. The only reason there are any near-civilized countries in the region is because they were sitting on extremely massive oil reserves.
Topics I would like to debate: https://docs.google.com...

Epic Quotes:

She's a cunning linguist, but I'm a master debater - Austin Powers

Economic Forum Revival Co-Leader

If you are interested in starting a political journal for the site, please contact me.
BlackFlags
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 4:40:39 PM
Now, Obama has on the whole, Obama has been a successful president. Not everything has been great, but I can't expect that from anyone. He will go down as a "good" president. Bush will be in the bottom tier forever. The father, below average.

Once people realize that all the actual powers of the American presidency are derived from personal authority, IE, dictator like; Barack Obama will most definitely go down as one of the nations worst presidents.

Say what you will about George Bush, but he largely played it by the book, whereas Barack Obama had issued the executive order hundreds of times to push a domestic and foreign policy agenda.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 4:41:19 PM
At 10/25/2015 4:39:02 PM, TBR wrote:

I can never, no American should, expect the president to align perfectly with their wishes. The "where is my pony" mindset.

But, back to the endless war mindset. Around this site I see it in the teens. It is very disturbing to me.

The mindset of mediocrity and thinking it's acceptable to lower the bar devalues the entire human species, not just your personal pony.
BlackFlags
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 4:43:45 PM
It is no wonder all the republican people's representatives are pissed. You have the man in the presidency abusing the checks and balances the constitution was founded on, but it is the boldness to declare this place democratic that really scratches at my skin.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 4:46:18 PM
At 10/25/2015 4:41:19 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 10/25/2015 4:39:02 PM, TBR wrote:

The mindset of mediocrity and thinking it's acceptable to lower the bar devalues the entire human species, not just your personal pony.

I don't see the mindset of mediocrity. This may be just a difference in our definition, but I don't think o see that as a new thing
BlackFlags
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 4:46:30 PM
At 10/25/2015 4:41:19 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Another solution would be to get rid of the bar completely. The idea that we need to have someone with the power to greatly hinder our lives is ludicrous.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 11:22:00 PM
For those who say that Bush screwed us: how many 9/11 repeats have there been since 9/11? How many terror attacks that have killed more than 30 people in the United States since then? Why so few?
People can only see the drone strikes. The lives of U.S. soldiers lost. How much collateral damage the War on Terror has had. They cannot possibly see what would've been had we not acted. It's impossible to know, but we just assume anyway that the course of action taken was worse than the alternative. We see the failures but never the accomplishments, which is why some people continually claim that the U.S. "hasn't won a war since WW2" (I think that the average Panamanian and Grenadian would tell you otherwise).
There will be some idi...*ahem* I mean, uh, smart people who claim that terrorism against the U.S. only exists because of US military intervention against terrorism. In that case, tell me: what kind of military presence did the U.S. have in the Middle East on the eve of 9/11? What counter-insurgency did we engage in that created the terrorists who decided to kill us on 9/11? How many drone strikes did we carry out in August 2001? You can't say Afghanistan because the group responsible for screwing that country prior to 2001 was the Soviet Union. The U.S. actually aided the Mujahideen, so the "they're just doing it because they resent our military interventions" excuse has absolutely no merit in at least that case. It'd perhaps be a valid excuse if they flew planes into Moscow. But they didn't do that instead, which means at least in that case not intervening against them prior to October 2001 did absolutely nothing to prevent the attack.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 11:38:37 PM
At 10/25/2015 11:22:00 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
For those who say that Bush screwed us: how many 9/11 repeats have there been since 9/11? How many terror attacks that have killed more than 30 people in the United States since then? Why so few?
People can only see the drone strikes. The lives of U.S. soldiers lost. How much collateral damage the War on Terror has had. They cannot possibly see what would've been had we not acted. It's impossible to know, but we just assume anyway that the course of action taken was worse than the alternative. We see the failures but never the accomplishments, which is why some people continually claim that the U.S. "hasn't won a war since WW2" (I think that the average Panamanian and Grenadian would tell you otherwise).
There will be some idi...*ahem* I mean, uh, smart people who claim that terrorism against the U.S. only exists because of US military intervention against terrorism. In that case, tell me: what kind of military presence did the U.S. have in the Middle East on the eve of 9/11? What counter-insurgency did we engage in that created the terrorists who decided to kill us on 9/11? How many drone strikes did we carry out in August 2001? You can't say Afghanistan because the group responsible for screwing that country prior to 2001 was the Soviet Union. The U.S. actually aided the Mujahideen, so the "they're just doing it because they resent our military interventions" excuse has absolutely no merit in at least that case. It'd perhaps be a valid excuse if they flew planes into Moscow. But they didn't do that instead, which means at least in that case not intervening against them prior to October 2001 did absolutely nothing to prevent the attack.

How many before? How many during Obama? No. Bush was the failure.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2015 12:13:44 AM
At 10/25/2015 11:38:37 PM, TBR wrote:

None happened during Obama's term because the mechanisms set into place by the Bush Administration were maintained (for the most part) and even expanded upon in some places. Keep in mind that 9/11 happened while the post-9/11 national security system did not exist.

The DDO Blog:

trojan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2015 2:24:08 AM
There will be some idi...*ahem* I mean, uh, smart people who claim that terrorism against the U.S. only exists because of US military intervention against terrorism. In that case, tell me: what kind of military presence did the U.S. have in the Middle East on the eve of 9/11? What counter-insurgency did we engage in that created the terrorists who decided to kill us on 9/11? How many drone strikes did we carry out in August 2001? You can't say Afghanistan because the group responsible for screwing that country prior to 2001 was the Soviet Union. The U.S. actually aided the Mujahideen, so the "they're just doing it because they resent our military interventions" excuse has absolutely no merit in at least that case. It'd perhaps be a valid excuse if they flew planes into Moscow. But they didn't do that instead, which means at least in that case not intervening against them prior to October 2001 did absolutely nothing to prevent the attack. : :

The 9/11 attacks didn't happen the way the 9/11 commission report suggested. That report didn't have the latest evidence of those buildings being taken down by demolition explosives. If you believe our government gives us the truth about everything it does, then you're a very gullible person.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2015 2:27:59 AM
At 10/26/2015 12:13:44 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

None happened during Obama's term because the mechanisms set into place by the Bush Administration were maintained (for the most part) and even expanded upon in some places. Keep in mind that 9/11 happened while the post-9/11 national security system did not exist.
So, you want to give credit to the guy who had the worst terrorist attack on his "watch" and further give credit to him for the subquencence success. OK....
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2015 2:41:43 AM
At 10/26/2015 2:27:59 AM, TBR wrote:

So, you want to give credit to the guy who had the worst terrorist attack on his "watch" and further give credit to him for the subquencence success. OK....

The attack probably wouldn't happened regardless of who was in office at that time. The important thing is that he ensured it wouldn't happen again.

The DDO Blog:

trojan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2015 2:52:01 AM
At 10/26/2015 2:41:43 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

The attack probably wouldn't happened regardless of who was in office at that time. The important thing is that he ensured it wouldn't happen again. : :

The attacks happened exactly has planned. That's why it was so important that a Bush family member was a president at the time of the attacks. It was allowed to happen so that the Bush family could get back into Iraq and finish their business. Going after Bin Laden and his gang in Afghanistan was only a deception until Bush was able to get the Christian citizens on his side to go attack Iraq.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2015 3:33:41 AM
At 10/26/2015 2:52:01 AM, trojan wrote:
At 10/26/2015 2:41:43 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

The attack probably wouldn't happened regardless of who was in office at that time. The important thing is that he ensured it wouldn't happen again. : :

The attacks happened exactly has planned. That's why it was so important that a Bush family member was a president at the time of the attacks. It was allowed to happen so that the Bush family could get back into Iraq and finish their business. Going after Bin Laden and his gang in Afghanistan was only a deception until Bush was able to get the Christian citizens on his side to go attack Iraq.

I understand that Liberals hate Bush...but the "Bush caused 9/11" theories are a little ridiculous.

The DDO Blog: