Jump to topic:

obama...

gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 9:35:59 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Why do so many people hate obama? I am genuinely not aware of his promises, and the ones which he did not keep. Can somebody please explain to me his main stands.

And please don't tell me i am stupid for not knowing about him, because i have to start sometime, and this is my start.

And yes, i do know SOME things about him, just not about his proposals, and stands. (political)
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 9:42:47 AM
At 9/22/2010 9:35:59 AM, gerrandesquire wrote:
Why do so many people hate obama? I am genuinely not aware of his promises, and the ones which he did not keep. Can somebody please explain to me his main stands.

And please don't tell me i am stupid for not knowing about him, because i have to start sometime, and this is my start.

And yes, i do know SOME things about him, just not about his proposals, and stands. (political)

People tend to hate him not because of what he does [not] do but because they hear rumors of him not being Christian and/or being Muslim.
Truth is he has started pulling out troups, passed national healthcare, and probably did more that I can't even think of atm.
Course some people do hate that he passed the healthcare, others think that he isn't doing enough as far as getting the troups and such.

I personally think he's about as good as a polititian can get. Do I think he's perfect? No, I just think people are too easy to critisize.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 9:56:26 AM
At 9/22/2010 9:54:18 AM, Sieben wrote:
The interests of bankers, pharmaceutical companies, and the military industrial complex...

but that's good, right? I mean that's how the economy would improve.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 9:57:20 AM
At 9/22/2010 9:47:51 AM, gerrandesquire wrote:
At 9/22/2010 9:44:57 AM, innomen wrote:
incompetent and way over his head.

that's what i wanted to know. incompetent in what way? what are the promises he did not keep?

Roy seems to have done a good job explaining. There isn't enough space in this forum, but here is one aspect of his incompetence: http://www.debate.org...
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 9:58:13 AM
At 9/22/2010 9:56:26 AM, gerrandesquire wrote:
At 9/22/2010 9:54:18 AM, Sieben wrote:
The interests of bankers, pharmaceutical companies, and the military industrial complex...

but that's good, right? I mean that's how the economy would improve.

For the bankers, pharmaceutical companies and military industrial complex.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Sam_Lowry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 9:59:16 AM

People who wanted decent health care are mad that they got a shitty compromise, people who wanted private health care are mad because they got goberment intervention.

His stance on gun control is confusing and almost unintelligible.

Guantanamo Bay is still open.

The stimulus did not work as expected.

He's black.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 10:02:04 AM
At 9/22/2010 9:59:16 AM, Sam_Lowry wrote:

People who wanted decent health care are mad that they got a shitty compromise, people who wanted private health care are mad because they got goberment intervention.

His stance on gun control is confusing and almost unintelligible.

Guantanamo Bay is still open.

The stimulus did not work as expected.

He's black.

You know that he renewed economic sanctions against Cuba! Why? What's the point?
Sam_Lowry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 10:02:23 AM
At 9/22/2010 10:00:43 AM, Sieben wrote:
Its not simply bailouts, its special privileges and monopoly powers granted to these industries.

No "regular" person actually cares about that.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 10:15:49 AM

Incompetent? HELL NO! He's a mastermind and supported by the Illuminati.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Sam_Lowry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 10:16:01 AM
At 9/22/2010 10:05:19 AM, Sieben wrote:
They aren't actively conscious of it, correct.

Just making the point that while it may be true, that's not why people are mad at him.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 2:03:34 PM
At 9/22/2010 10:15:49 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

How could i have missed that?
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 2:08:42 PM
I actually don't mind Obama that much and feel that many people have been too hard on him. Sure he's inexperienced and is trying to fix all America's problems in the wrong ways, but he's definitely an improvement over Bush; Obama doesn't start unnecessary wars.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 2:09:31 PM
At 9/22/2010 10:15:49 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Quite obviously.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 2:17:25 PM
There are 2 reasons to hate any President:
1) he is liberal (or not liberal enough)
2) he is conservative (or not conservative enough)

Obama happens to be hated by conservatives, for being liberal, and hated by some liberals who are mad he isn't liberal enough. Everything else is just smokescreen, and all these criticisms abotu his religion, place of birth, or conspiracy theory are just desperate excuses to justify one of these items.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 2:36:14 PM
At 9/22/2010 2:17:25 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:

Obama happens to be hated by conservatives, for being liberal, and hated by some liberals who are mad he isn't liberal enough. Everything else is just smokescreen, and all these criticisms abotu his religion, place of birth, or conspiracy theory are just desperate excuses to justify one of these items.

We actually have a member here who genuinely believes he wasn't born in America.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 2:45:46 PM

Um, the conspiratorial community does not care about either 2 of the reasons you put forth. The conspiratorial community does not care about Liberal v. Conservative, they know that they are both puppets controlled by the same group of global elite who transcend political parties and ideologies (literally).
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
HandsOff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 11:17:30 PM
He's hated because, just like Reagan, Bush, Clinton, he is spending money we don't have. But he has spent more than all three combined in his first two years in office. Obama is the literally the biggest spender in the history of human kind. You would have to be financially illiterate (or completely blinded by party loyalty) to approve of the guy.
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 11:21:42 PM
At 9/22/2010 2:36:14 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

We actually have a member here who genuinely believes he wasn't born in America.

... and I would bet he is not a card-holder of the Democratic Party. Otherwise he wouldn't have even bothered to do that research.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 11:22:17 PM
At 9/22/2010 11:21:42 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:

... and I would bet he is not a card-holder of the Democratic Party. Otherwise he wouldn't have even bothered to do that research.

He's some guy in the UK actually.
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 11:27:44 PM
At 9/22/2010 2:45:46 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Um, the conspiratorial community does not care about either 2 of the reasons you put forth. The conspiratorial community does not care about Liberal v. Conservative, they know that they are both puppets controlled by the same group of global elite who transcend political parties and ideologies (literally).

Well I was about to add a 3rd criterion, but it seemed difficult since "conspiratorialists" would hate him no matter what. I mean, what would Obama or any other Pres do to appease this crowd other than commit suicide?
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 11:38:08 PM
I don't know much either but he spent so much money and is wanting to form another stimulus package to spend even more money. The economy has not recovered yet, people wanted the economy fixed and main focus first not healthcare.
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 11:42:29 PM
At 9/22/2010 11:22:17 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/22/2010 11:21:42 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:

He's some guy in the UK actually.

The "born in the US" component of being the President is possibly the stupidest rule ever come up with. If the entire United States of America elects someone to President then it shouldn't matter if they were born outside of its borders.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 11:44:52 PM
Obama had to compromise a lot with the republicans over the health care bill. He eventually had to take out the Public option which was like a government issued health care system at a affordable cost to everyone and in no way could this government health care reject anyone of treatment or cut their coverage whenever they got really sick. The public option was main thing that the public wanted from all of this and Obama had to take it out. I really do not know all the details of Obama's presidency just going by what i sort of know. Someone please correct me though