Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 2:29:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/29/2015 2:08:39 AM, thett3 wrote:
Winner: Trump

Loser: Everyone else

Please.... I know you are trolling Trimp, but you can be that obvious about it. Trump got body slammed a number of times. The guy is in over his head
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 2:38:25 AM
Winners
1) Rubio - Didn't give a single answer that was not excellent. Well-prepared for attacks on Senate record and from moderators.
2) Fiorina - Steady performance. Nothing spectacular but very consistent and articulate.
3) Christie - A sane Trump. Actually does say things like they are. Credible moderate.
4) Cruz - Reluctantly putting him here because he did his job and fired up his base.

Meh
1) Carson - Perfect 'meh' performance. But meh is exactly why he is doing so well.
2) Paul - No time to talk and no impressive or bad when he did.
3) Huckabee - Why are you here? Go back to your TV show, please.

Losers
1) Kasich - We get it. You balanced the budget.
2) Trump - Couple of zingers, but no substance. Caught in multiple lies.
3) Bush - Got owned by Rubio. Misstepped obvious retort on fantasy football. Very weak performance.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 2:58:53 AM
At 10/29/2015 2:38:25 AM, TN05 wrote:
Winners
1) Rubio - Didn't give a single answer that was not excellent. Well-prepared for attacks on Senate record and from moderators.
2) Fiorina - Steady performance. Nothing spectacular but very consistent and articulate.
3) Christie - A sane Trump. Actually does say things like they are. Credible moderate.
4) Cruz - Reluctantly putting him here because he did his job and fired up his base.

Meh
1) Carson - Perfect 'meh' performance. But meh is exactly why he is doing so well.
2) Paul - No time to talk and no impressive or bad when he did.
3) Huckabee - Why are you here? Go back to your TV show, please.

Losers
1) Kasich - We get it. You balanced the budget.
2) Trump - Couple of zingers, but no substance. Caught in multiple lies.
3) Bush - Got owned by Rubio. Misstepped obvious retort on fantasy football. Very weak performance.

I agree on each point. I was going to add Cruz to "winners".
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 3:42:20 AM
I hate that winners/losers was decided on single moments.

Kasich, imo, was a shitload better in this debate. He was more fired up and he had decent points in his speaking.

Bush wasn't doing poorly aside from Rubio putting him down. Otherwise he seemed relatively above-average to me.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 3:43:56 AM
And Fiorina was far from a winner. She pointed to her mocked record again, tried to make it look good, and then made the single stupidest promise I've ever heard. I think the majority of Americans realize that any politician who says they will reduce the tax code to three pages is full of utter bullsh!t.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 12:35:26 PM
I think it was Rubio, Christie, and Cruz who came out on top, with an honorable mention to Fiorina. Bush did so poorly that he put his campaign in jeopardy. Trump didn't star, but by mellowing out he looked more presidential, good for him in the long run. It's interesting that each debate has produced a new set of winners. It means there is a long way to go before it settles out.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 1:25:54 PM
As a Democrat, Kasich looked good, but I doubt that many in the GOP will agree. I think Ted Cruz had some strong moments, and I think Rubio had some strong moments. Trump was in the middle. Huckabee was a farce, because he's Mike Huckabee. It's clear that Fiorina is a disgrace to the process. As is Carson, but I digress. The only clear loser I see, though, is CNBC.
Tsar of DDO
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 1:34:45 PM
At 10/29/2015 1:25:54 PM, YYW wrote:
The only clear loser I see, though, is CNBC.

This.

They have a couple of original programs that have appeal among economic conservatives (The Profit, Shark Tank) like myself. For the life of me I can't figure out when they decided to ruin that relationship. They could easily have presented themselves as a less partisan version of FOX Business.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 3:12:16 PM
At 10/29/2015 2:08:10 AM, TBR wrote:
Winners
Christie
Rubio

Loosers
Bush
Trump
Carson

Youre an idiot.

Trump won this debate because he left unharmed.
His poll numbers are up again by the way.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 3:59:12 PM
At 10/29/2015 2:08:10 AM, TBR wrote:
Winners
Christie
Rubio

Loosers
Bush
Trump
Carson
Are you trolling? I watched the ridiculous American debate, and if you think Trump or Carson didn't do really well in terms of appealing to the public (which is what the "debate" is about more than anything else), you're insanely deluded. Carson overall did great. Trump had a great start; he literally made Kasich stressed out throughout the debate. And for the record, no way Kasich did better than in the previous rounds. Not even close.

Christie was as boring as usual. His highlights are pretty much the moments where he pretends he's the wise old guy in the room who tells others to behave and be serious.

I hope the GOP implodes. What a lovely thing from all these news organizations, including the lunatic hood that is Fox, that they ridicule the GOP to such an extent that the debates are de facto comedy shows.

That's from me for now. :)
Bosoxfaninla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2015 7:32:28 AM
Winners: Rubio, Cruz, Christie
Level: Trump and Carson
Losers: Bush, Kasich, and Hillary Clinton. Most notably CNBC and the liberal media.

Top Quotes:
Rubio: "Last week, Hillary Clinton went before a committee, she admitted she had sent emails to her family saying, "hey, this attack in Benghazi was caused by Al Qaeda-like elements." She spent over a week telling the families of those victims and the American people that it was because of a video. And yet the mainstream media is going around saying it was the greatest week in Hillary Clinton's campaign. It was the week she got exposed as a liar. It was the week that she got exposed as a liar -- but she has her Super PAC helping her out, the American mainstream media."

Rubio: "Jeb, let me tell you, I don't remember you ever complaining about John McCain's vote record. The only reason you're doing it now is because we're running for the same position. Someone convinced you attacking me is going to help you. I can't campaign about the future of America or attacking anyone else on this stage. I will continue to have tremendous admiration for Governor Bush, I'm not running against anyone on the stage. I'm running for president. There is no way we can elect Hillary Clinton to continue the policies"

Cruz:"The questions asked in this debate illustrate why the American people don't trust the media."This is not a cage match. And you look at the questions -- Donald Trump, are you a comic book villain? Ben Carson, can you do math? John Kasich, will you insult two people over here? Marco Rubio, why don't you resign? Jeb Bush, why have your numbers fallen? How about talking about the substantive issues," Cruz said to commanding applause from the audience."