Total Posts:39|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Police Brutality On Blacks *

inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 12:45:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Or whites. Yes, we know that Black lives matter...but the truth is after everything we have seen this year with cops...all lives do. So what do you think. Was it okay for this guy to do what he did in a classroom. Do you think that he crossed the line.
Do you think his actions were justified. Lets no hold back. Tell us what you think about this video here.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 3:48:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/29/2015 12:45:25 PM, inferno wrote:
Or whites. Yes, we know that Black lives matter...but the truth is after everything we have seen this year with cops...all lives do. So what do you think. Was it okay for this guy to do what he did in a classroom. Do you think that he crossed the line.
Do you think his actions were justified. Lets no hold back. Tell us what you think about this video here.



Now is there anyone here who believes that this young lady was abused by this officer. Or did she deserve what she got.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 5:10:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I can't see the video, but making a decision based on a reaction is never ideal, especially when there is an incomplete story.

I think I heard about this, and if it is the same story, the teen struck the officer, which is not seen on any video. The problem with amateur video is that it starts AFTER it becomes apparent something is going down, so the viewer never knows what happened.

However, assuming this is the same story, I find flipping a desk with someone in it a bit over the top. I can understand all the POV on this, and it seems outragous, but I'm not sure I agree. After all, a desk hides the lower half of the body.

It's funny. I saw an episode of COPS the other day, and this guy was told to sit, and he squatted, and the officer said to sit on the ground, then the female officer practically tackled the guy literally one second later. Me and my wife looked at each other and said "WTF?!?", but then I thought about it. The man had two dogs, one of whom was biting the officer, and was seen choking a woman. I suppose you don't want someone croaching to then leap at you. So, I'm unsure what I think.
My work here is, finally, done.
Dgriff
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 5:20:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I do believe this was assault. It was totally unnecessary. My question for you would you feel any different I this was a teacher doing this to a student
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 5:23:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/29/2015 5:20:51 PM, Dgriff wrote:
I do believe this was assault. It was totally unnecessary. My question for you would you feel any different I this was a teacher doing this to a student

I would feel differently, because the police have a reason to address an issue, where escalation is likely to occur, and thus, they must mitigate it, whereas a teacher has no such duty.
My work here is, finally, done.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 7:09:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/29/2015 5:20:51 PM, Dgriff wrote:
I do believe this was assault. It was totally unnecessary. My question for you would you feel any different I this was a teacher doing this to a student

What if the cop was a Black male, and the student was a White female.
How would you have felt about that.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 7:38:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/29/2015 3:48:47 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/29/2015 12:45:25 PM, inferno wrote:
Or whites. Yes, we know that Black lives matter...but the truth is after everything we have seen this year with cops...all lives do. So what do you think. Was it okay for this guy to do what he did in a classroom. Do you think that he crossed the line.
Do you think his actions were justified. Lets no hold back. Tell us what you think about this video here.





Now is there anyone here who believes that this young lady was abused by this officer. Or did she deserve what she got.

I don't think she was abused or got what she had coming. By the time the officer got there, this girl was either failed by her parents or the system. Now as I explained in another thread, the officer made a mistake. In most districts it is policy to clear the classroom out in this situation. Had he done that properly, there wouldn't even be any footage of this, and he'd have no problem.

It should also be noted that the use of force looks ugly. There was nothing this cop could have done in this situation (after the part where he forget to clear the classroom), that wouldn't have looked ugly.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 7:39:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/29/2015 5:20:51 PM, Dgriff wrote:
I do believe this was assault. It was totally unnecessary. My question for you would you feel any different I this was a teacher doing this to a student

Teachers aren't authorized to use force, as a society we have chosen to give police a monopoly on force in these situations, so yes it would be inappropriate for an untrained and unauthorized person to use force on this girl.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 7:40:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/29/2015 7:16:35 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
I'm just here to see the victim blaming.

There are no victims or bad guys in that scenario.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 7:41:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/29/2015 7:16:35 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
I'm just here to see the victim blaming.

There is no victim blaming. Its truth. Now do you care to be more logical about your statement here before the crowd here rips your conscious mind apart. =)
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 7:42:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/29/2015 7:16:35 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
I'm just here to see the victim blaming.

Is there a situation or a pretext where you can see yourself reversing your view from brutality to acceptable police reaction?
I am curious if you can be objective or not.

I know both of us don't see police as our friend, nor should they ever be viewed as a friend, but I do see them having a job to do, and as such, have procedures in place to protect them. I blame my friends when police were forceful with them (broken ribs). Does my consistency bother you?
My work here is, finally, done.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 7:42:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/29/2015 7:39:24 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/29/2015 5:20:51 PM, Dgriff wrote:
I do believe this was assault. It was totally unnecessary. My question for you would you feel any different I this was a teacher doing this to a student

Teachers aren't authorized to use force, as a society we have chosen to give police a monopoly on force in these situations, so yes it would be inappropriate for an untrained and unauthorized person to use force on this girl.

Teachers use to actually hit students back in the mid to late part of the 20th century.
We have gotten away from this because the culture has change and is now more pc. But I don't think this situation would have been easier to be honest with you simply because the girl did not comply.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 7:45:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/29/2015 7:42:58 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/29/2015 7:39:24 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/29/2015 5:20:51 PM, Dgriff wrote:
I do believe this was assault. It was totally unnecessary. My question for you would you feel any different I this was a teacher doing this to a student

Teachers aren't authorized to use force, as a society we have chosen to give police a monopoly on force in these situations, so yes it would be inappropriate for an untrained and unauthorized person to use force on this girl.

Teachers use to actually hit students back in the mid to late part of the 20th century.
We have gotten away from this because the culture has change and is now more pc. But I don't think this situation would have been easier to be honest with you simply because the girl did not comply.

I agree. This was going to look ugly no matter what.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,927
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 7:56:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/29/2015 7:42:13 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 10/29/2015 7:16:35 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
I'm just here to see the victim blaming.

Is there a situation or a pretext where you can see yourself reversing your view from brutality to acceptable police reaction?
I am curious if you can be objective or not.


Yes. If she were trying to hurt him or others. Or like I saw video of a black guy ran up to police (didn't see what led to it, but doesn't really matter) with his hand under his shirt poked out in a way that would make it seem like a gun. The police shot him. That is a perfectly reasonable response even though the guy didn't really have a gun. The cop had no time to ascertain that.

I know both of us don't see police as our friend, nor should they ever be viewed as a friend, but I do see them having a job to do, and as such, have procedures in place to protect them. I blame my friends when police were forceful with them (broken ribs). Does my consistency bother you?

If your friend was doing nothing to warrant the police being forceful (such as fighting police for no reason), then it would bother me. The thing is, that really doesn't happen as much as some would like us to believe.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,927
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 7:58:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/29/2015 7:41:35 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/29/2015 7:16:35 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
I'm just here to see the victim blaming.

There is no victim blaming. Its truth. Now do you care to be more logical about your statement here before the crowd here rips your conscious mind apart. =)

Not really. Because I know the victim blaming is going to be coming in shortly.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 7:59:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/29/2015 7:58:18 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 10/29/2015 7:41:35 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/29/2015 7:16:35 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
I'm just here to see the victim blaming.

There is no victim blaming. Its truth. Now do you care to be more logical about your statement here before the crowd here rips your conscious mind apart. =)

Not really. Because I know the victim blaming is going to be coming in shortly.

What do you mean victim blaming. Let somebody snatch up your daughter that way...you might change your mind real quick.
ESPECIALLY if its a n............=)
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,927
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 8:03:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/29/2015 7:59:39 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/29/2015 7:58:18 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 10/29/2015 7:41:35 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/29/2015 7:16:35 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
I'm just here to see the victim blaming.

There is no victim blaming. Its truth. Now do you care to be more logical about your statement here before the crowd here rips your conscious mind apart. =)

Not really. Because I know the victim blaming is going to be coming in shortly.

What do you mean victim blaming. Let somebody snatch up your daughter that way...you might change your mind real quick.
ESPECIALLY if its a n............=)

What are you talking about? I think the officer here was clearly in the wrong, and judging from his history he's known for pulling crap like this. Just this time he was finally caught on video (although he did have pictures taken of him brutalizing an army vet if that story is accurate).
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 8:04:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/29/2015 7:56:59 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 10/29/2015 7:42:13 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 10/29/2015 7:16:35 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
I'm just here to see the victim blaming.

Is there a situation or a pretext where you can see yourself reversing your view from brutality to acceptable police reaction?
I am curious if you can be objective or not.


Yes. If she were trying to hurt him or others. Or like I saw video of a black guy ran up to police (didn't see what led to it, but doesn't really matter) with his hand under his shirt poked out in a way that would make it seem like a gun. The police shot him. That is a perfectly reasonable response even though the guy didn't really have a gun. The cop had no time to ascertain that.
How do you respond to people calling that victim blaming? Do you feel you can have an honest and fruitful conversation with those people? (use your response, not the OP)

Referring to the OP, what if the police had reason to assume there was a weapon, and they could not see half the body (under the desk), and the teen refused to get up or show their hands? (again, I haven't seen the video, and I may be talking about the wrong one, which I also haven't seen, only heard about)
Is it warranted that the officer to be afraid of danger? Can they escalate at that point?
Would it had been better if the teen was dragged out of the desk by force? I feel that the emotional response would be the same.

I know both of us don't see police as our friend, nor should they ever be viewed as a friend, but I do see them having a job to do, and as such, have procedures in place to protect them. I blame my friends when police were forceful with them (broken ribs). Does my consistency bother you?

If your friend was doing nothing to warrant the police being forceful (such as fighting police for no reason), then it would bother me. The thing is, that really doesn't happen as much as some would like us to believe.

He asked if he could call his lawyer, they said yes, he approached the car to get his phone (which had three police officers searching for drugs). So, yes, it was stupid to approach an officer from behind, and I agree with the police for tackling him.
But, if you ask him, all he did was try to call his lawyer. (assuming there was video it may have only shown him approaching the car and being tackled)
My work here is, finally, done.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 8:16:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/29/2015 8:03:36 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 10/29/2015 7:59:39 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/29/2015 7:58:18 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 10/29/2015 7:41:35 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/29/2015 7:16:35 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
I'm just here to see the victim blaming.

There is no victim blaming. Its truth. Now do you care to be more logical about your statement here before the crowd here rips your conscious mind apart. =)

Not really. Because I know the victim blaming is going to be coming in shortly.

What do you mean victim blaming. Let somebody snatch up your daughter that way...you might change your mind real quick.
ESPECIALLY if its a n............=)

What are you talking about? I think the officer here was clearly in the wrong, and judging from his history he's known for pulling crap like this. Just this time he was finally caught on video (although he did have pictures taken of him brutalizing an army vet if that story is accurate).

That story is accurate. But this can be a gender related issue just as much as it is racial. What man in his right mind would fling a girl around that way if in his mind he thought to himself...oh this could be my daughter instead.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 9:24:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/29/2015 8:03:36 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 10/29/2015 7:59:39 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/29/2015 7:58:18 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 10/29/2015 7:41:35 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/29/2015 7:16:35 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
I'm just here to see the victim blaming.

There is no victim blaming. Its truth. Now do you care to be more logical about your statement here before the crowd here rips your conscious mind apart. =)

Not really. Because I know the victim blaming is going to be coming in shortly.

What do you mean victim blaming. Let somebody snatch up your daughter that way...you might change your mind real quick.
ESPECIALLY if its a n............=)

What are you talking about? I think the officer here was clearly in the wrong, and judging from his history he's known for pulling crap like this. Just this time he was finally caught on video (although he did have pictures taken of him brutalizing an army vet if that story is accurate).

Other than not clearing the classroom what did he do wrong? How was he supposed to remove this girl from the chair? Especially with her throwing punches and flailing the way she was?
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,927
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 9:52:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/29/2015 9:24:23 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/29/2015 8:03:36 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 10/29/2015 7:59:39 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/29/2015 7:58:18 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 10/29/2015 7:41:35 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/29/2015 7:16:35 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
I'm just here to see the victim blaming.

There is no victim blaming. Its truth. Now do you care to be more logical about your statement here before the crowd here rips your conscious mind apart. =)

Not really. Because I know the victim blaming is going to be coming in shortly.

What do you mean victim blaming. Let somebody snatch up your daughter that way...you might change your mind real quick.
ESPECIALLY if its a n............=)

What are you talking about? I think the officer here was clearly in the wrong, and judging from his history he's known for pulling crap like this. Just this time he was finally caught on video (although he did have pictures taken of him brutalizing an army vet if that story is accurate).

Other than not clearing the classroom what did he do wrong? How was he supposed to remove this girl from the chair? Especially with her throwing punches and flailing the way she was?

https://www.facebook.com...
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Dgriff
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 10:35:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/29/2015 5:23:08 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 10/29/2015 5:20:51 PM, Dgriff wrote:
I do believe this was assault. It was totally unnecessary. My question for you would you feel any different I this was a teacher doing this to a student

I would feel differently, because the police have a reason to address an issue, where escalation is likely to occur, and thus, they must mitigate it, whereas a teacher has no such duty.

Not really. Still doesn't give him the right to assault a girl. She didn't strike him so how can you defend anything he did. There is a reason they fired him. I believe he should be brought up charges
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 10:40:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/29/2015 10:03:47 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
http://www.attn.com...

My video is running slow right now, but I'll be able to see and judge better on these things in about thirty minutes. The cop in the first case made errors that led to a situation where he was forced to use lethal force. So his negligence caused this, not that the kid is in no way responsible either. The officer should be punished. However he does have something called partial immunity, which means that even getting fired would not allow him to be prosecuted by the law.

The officer's mistake in this video is getting so close to the car. It's idiotic and goes against training to run up on the car like that. (If I remember the video correctly)

http://www.rawstory.com...

Are these two cases justifiable uses of force?
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 10:42:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/29/2015 10:35:37 PM, Dgriff wrote:
At 10/29/2015 5:23:08 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 10/29/2015 5:20:51 PM, Dgriff wrote:
I do believe this was assault. It was totally unnecessary. My question for you would you feel any different I this was a teacher doing this to a student

I would feel differently, because the police have a reason to address an issue, where escalation is likely to occur, and thus, they must mitigate it, whereas a teacher has no such duty.

Not really. Still doesn't give him the right to assault a girl. She didn't strike him so how can you defend anything he did. There is a reason they fired him. I believe he should be brought up charges

The reason they fired him was for political expediency
MakeSensePeopleDont
Posts: 1,106
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 10:43:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/29/2015 7:16:35 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
I'm just here to see the victim blaming.

Victim = Officer

That guy's career and life are now destroyed and all because some smart mouthed teenager wanted to act like a child...and the media followed suit blaming the officer...and the parents, instead of tanning that hide and saying "you got what you deserved" are instead going right along with the "blame the officer" routine.

Grow up teenagers....you disobey an officer's orders, you're gonna have a bad day...and you deserve it.
Dgriff
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 10:48:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/29/2015 10:42:45 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/29/2015 10:35:37 PM, Dgriff wrote:
At 10/29/2015 5:23:08 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 10/29/2015 5:20:51 PM, Dgriff wrote:
I do believe this was assault. It was totally unnecessary. My question for you would you feel any different I this was a teacher doing this to a student

I would feel differently, because the police have a reason to address an issue, where escalation is likely to occur, and thus, they must mitigate it, whereas a teacher has no such duty.

Not really. Still doesn't give him the right to assault a girl. She didn't strike him so how can you defend anything he did. There is a reason they fired him. I believe he should be brought up charges

The reason they fired him was for political expediency
That's ridiculous they fired because he is wrong. Ppl are tired of seeing the police get away with things citizens would be locked up for. That would be a domestic charge. I'm pretty sure he wasn't in any danger so why the excessive force
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 10:55:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/29/2015 10:48:02 PM, Dgriff wrote:
At 10/29/2015 10:42:45 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/29/2015 10:35:37 PM, Dgriff wrote:
At 10/29/2015 5:23:08 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 10/29/2015 5:20:51 PM, Dgriff wrote:
I do believe this was assault. It was totally unnecessary. My question for you would you feel any different I this was a teacher doing this to a student

I would feel differently, because the police have a reason to address an issue, where escalation is likely to occur, and thus, they must mitigate it, whereas a teacher has no such duty.

Not really. Still doesn't give him the right to assault a girl. She didn't strike him so how can you defend anything he did. There is a reason they fired him. I believe he should be brought up charges

The reason they fired him was for political expediency
That's ridiculous they fired because he is wrong. Ppl are tired of seeing the police get away with things citizens would be locked up for. That would be a domestic charge. I'm pretty sure he wasn't in any danger so why the excessive force

Whether he is in danger or not is beside the point. Excessive force isn't force that is used when your life is not in danger. Excessive force is using more force than necessary to gain compliance. I think he used the correct amount of force to get her out of that chair. Less force wouldn't have done the job.

People may be tired of seeing the police get away with things others would be locked up for, but society has granted them the right to do just that. We've given cops the authority to do what we would lock up normal citizens for. If you don't like it, than you should oppose it by becoming an anarchist of some sort, because almost all other political positions recognize the need for a police force and do support giving the police the right to do things normal people can't, such as kidnapping them and locking them up in 7 by 7 cell.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Posts: 1,106
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 11:00:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/29/2015 10:48:02 PM, Dgriff wrote:
At 10/29/2015 10:42:45 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/29/2015 10:35:37 PM, Dgriff wrote:
At 10/29/2015 5:23:08 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 10/29/2015 5:20:51 PM, Dgriff wrote:
I do believe this was assault. It was totally unnecessary. My question for you would you feel any different I this was a teacher doing this to a student

I would feel differently, because the police have a reason to address an issue, where escalation is likely to occur, and thus, they must mitigate it, whereas a teacher has no such duty.

Not really. Still doesn't give him the right to assault a girl. She didn't strike him so how can you defend anything he did. There is a reason they fired him. I believe he should be brought up charges

The reason they fired him was for political expediency
That's ridiculous they fired because he is wrong. Ppl are tired of seeing the police get away with things citizens would be locked up for. That would be a domestic charge. I'm pretty sure he wasn't in any danger so why the excessive force

First off, domestic means domestic; or family. Since they are not family, it's impossible for it to be domestic.

Second, police are given the legal authority by the city, county, state, etc. to use force where needed...not to meet force with force, but WHERE NEEDED.

Third and most importantly; since the teenager would not follow verbal commands from the teacher, the principal AND the officer, what exactly should the officer have done? What do you think the appropriate action would have been?