Jump to topic:

Honest inquiry: is Clinton successful?

ben2974
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 4:28:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
What is her record? What are her successes? Failures? Begin from her time in the Senate, I suppose.

Name them. Describe them. In the end, why should one vote for her? Or not?
ben2974
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 4:39:38 PM
At 10/29/2015 4:28:26 PM, ben2974 wrote:
What is her record? What are her successes? Failures? Begin from her time in the Senate, I suppose.

I thought I edited this before posting it. Ignore the timeline restriction. Begin from whenever you think is appropriate.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 4:56:43 PM
At 10/29/2015 4:28:26 PM, ben2974 wrote:

Well, with my usual caveats - she is not my favorite candidate, person etc. let me answer as I have to others who personally (real life) asked me this question.

Is she successful? Yes. Has she done anything for ME? No - and I don't expect her to have done any thing for me.

OK. A lawyer turned senator and secretary of state is one he11 of a resume. Anyone on this forum than can clam those on a CV should leave this forum NOW! We are not in your league. There is NO doubt that anyone running for president in the past would not be knocked with this job history. The problem, aside from straight politics, is we see her national as a first lady. This to many is the woman who picks the drapes for the WH residence, and hosts children events - like the Easter egg roll. We could go into her tenure as a first lady, but why bother, that is the impression.

As a senator from NY, I had no expectation for her to do anything directly for me, never a resident of NY. Further, as a member of the party I am part of, she did just fine. I disagreed with her sometimes, agreed others.

As a secretary of state, I have NO expatiation for her to do anything directly for me. Look back over any administration and ask if you had that same demand of any other secretary of state? She did a very good job, she represented my country and a president I am very happy with, but there is no reason for me to try to say "thanks Hillary for...". Its just not what I think of when I think of that position.

Now. When ANY candidate runs for office the bar is not what they have done for me, but "success" is a valid metric. Look back over the last presidents and compare. Do you honestly think that she is not a success? Is that a fair or partisan assessment?