Total Posts:117|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Let's talk about abortion.

LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2015 5:12:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Let's talk about abortion. What are your thoughts and feelings on abortion? What does abortion mean to you? For me, abortion is murder because it kills a living child.
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2015 2:32:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/1/2015 5:12:31 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Let's talk about abortion.

Lets not
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2015 2:42:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/1/2015 5:12:31 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Let's talk about abortion. What are your thoughts and feelings on abortion? What does abortion mean to you? For me, abortion is murder because it kills a living child.

How about you pick some facet of the same-old tired discussion?

The huge social impact of criminalizing tens of thousands of women seeking abortions, or the inevitable negative social impact of huge numbers of unwanted children (see Romania). Or just perhaps the stupidity of forcing your religious based objections on medical procedures used by more that 30% of the female population?

No none of that. Just scream "please think of the CHILDREN" a couple hundred more times and it hope that the world bends to the will of Jesus.
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2015 6:49:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/1/2015 2:32:14 PM, imabench wrote:
At 11/1/2015 5:12:31 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Let's talk about abortion.

Lets not
If you want to post here, you need to discuss the topic that was presented.
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2015 6:51:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/1/2015 2:42:04 PM, TBR wrote:
At 11/1/2015 5:12:31 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Let's talk about abortion. What are your thoughts and feelings on abortion? What does abortion mean to you? For me, abortion is murder because it kills a living child.

How about you pick some facet of the same-old tired discussion?

The huge social impact of criminalizing tens of thousands of women seeking abortions, or the inevitable negative social impact of huge numbers of unwanted children (see Romania). Or just perhaps the stupidity of forcing your religious based objections on medical procedures used by more that 30% of the female population?

No none of that. Just scream "please think of the CHILDREN" a couple hundred more times and it hope that the world bends to the will of Jesus.

So you have nothing to say about abortion?
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2015 6:57:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/1/2015 6:51:58 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 11/1/2015 2:42:04 PM, TBR wrote:
At 11/1/2015 5:12:31 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Let's talk about abortion. What are your thoughts and feelings on abortion? What does abortion mean to you? For me, abortion is murder because it kills a living child.

How about you pick some facet of the same-old tired discussion?

The huge social impact of criminalizing tens of thousands of women seeking abortions, or the inevitable negative social impact of huge numbers of unwanted children (see Romania). Or just perhaps the stupidity of forcing your religious based objections on medical procedures used by more that 30% of the female population?

No none of that. Just scream "please think of the CHILDREN" a couple hundred more times and it hope that the world bends to the will of Jesus.

So you have nothing to say about abortion?

Sure I do. What I have to say is - the choice of any woman is none of your business.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 10:17:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/1/2015 5:12:31 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Let's talk about abortion. What are your thoughts and feelings on abortion? What does abortion mean to you? For me, abortion is murder because it kills a living child.

I think I told you before my main position here but here it is again.

The conclusion that a woman should not be allowed to have an abortion from the moment of conception and if she does is the equivalent to murder would be f*cking hilarious if it wasn't for the consequences of forced continuation of pregnancy for said woman.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
BlackFlags
Posts: 904
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 12:32:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/1/2015 6:57:53 PM, TBR wrote:
Sure I do. What I have to say is - the choice of any woman is none of your business.

If you claim to be a progressive, then what happens in society is everyone's business. The key defining argument of this debate is whether the child is entitled to any rights, such as the right to inevitably live, and moreso the right to live among other human beings.

I do not believe in political "rights," but that goes both ways, for both the child and mother.
BlackFlags
Posts: 904
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 12:36:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
*If you can call her a mother*

Someone destined for motherhood does not usually possess the weakness and selfishness that would be required to kill off their child.
The silver lining is that these children are not going to have to exist under the same roof of such an unpleasant person.
BlackFlags
Posts: 904
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 12:41:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
When I say people who get abortions are weak, there is good reasoning behind that assertion. How many mothers will tell you that they regret bearing a child? Almost none. Even mothers with the worst troublemakers for children will almost never wish their child was written out of existence. It is especially weak to be so scared of the hard times that come with raising a newborn, that you will completely neglect the good times which you know are to come. If you do not know good times are coming, then that would also make one ignorant.

Why are these people selfish? Because they care so much about their own future, but care nothing for the future of their child. That, in retrospect, is selfish.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 3:11:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/2/2015 12:32:42 PM, BlackFlags wrote:
At 11/1/2015 6:57:53 PM, TBR wrote:
Sure I do. What I have to say is - the choice of any woman is none of your business.

If you claim to be a progressive, then what happens in society is everyone's business. The key defining argument of this debate is whether the child is entitled to any rights, such as the right to inevitably live, and moreso the right to live among other human beings.

I do not believe in political "rights," but that goes both ways, for both the child and mother.

Progressive has no such meaning.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 6:44:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/1/2015 5:12:31 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Let's talk about abortion. What are your thoughts and feelings on abortion? What does abortion mean to you? For me, abortion is murder because it kills a living child.

Murder.
BlackFlags
Posts: 904
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 8:51:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/2/2015 3:11:46 PM, TBR wrote:
Progressive has no such meaning.
Fine, go ahead and believe that.

What do you think about the rest of my response?
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 8:58:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/2/2015 8:51:55 PM, BlackFlags wrote:
At 11/2/2015 3:11:46 PM, TBR wrote:
Progressive has no such meaning.
Fine, go ahead and believe that.

What do you think about the rest of my response?

Your opinion about mothers loving their children, or not regretting them has no bearing on the topic, really. Women who choose abortion don't have to pass your strength test.
BlackFlags
Posts: 904
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 9:03:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/2/2015 8:58:19 PM, TBR wrote:
Your opinion about mothers loving their children, or not regretting them has no bearing on the topic, really. Women who choose abortion don't have to pass your strength test.

It is really attempting to appeal to your statist views. People who get abortions are weak, and abortion is a weak way out. Why then, should such denial of existence be legal, in your own statist views?
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 9:23:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
It is really attempting to appeal to your statist views. People who get abortions are weak, and abortion is a weak way out. Why then, should such denial of existence be legal, in your own statist views?

Why, well because a woman has complete control over what uses her body. To the "weak" - again, your determination of what makes a women weak is your own. I doubt they care one bit how weak you think they are.
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 10:15:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/2/2015 6:44:43 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/1/2015 5:12:31 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Let's talk about abortion. What are your thoughts and feelings on abortion? What does abortion mean to you? For me, abortion is murder because it kills a living child.

Murder.

I agree that abortion is murder.
fire_man
Posts: 23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 10:17:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/1/2015 5:12:31 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Let's talk about abortion. What are your thoughts and feelings on abortion? What does abortion mean to you? For me, abortion is murder because it kills a living child. : :

Since God created all abortions, abortionists and the Christians who kill abortionists, I have no complaints towards it. It is what it is because we can't change the will of God.

This means we have to live with it and not fear abortions. We should fear the creator of abortions instead.
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 10:21:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/2/2015 10:17:52 PM, fire_man wrote:
At 11/1/2015 5:12:31 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Let's talk about abortion. What are your thoughts and feelings on abortion? What does abortion mean to you? For me, abortion is murder because it kills a living child. : :

Since God created all abortions, abortionists and the Christians who kill abortionists, I have no complaints towards it. It is what it is because we can't change the will of God.

This means we have to live with it and not fear abortions. We should fear the creator of abortions instead.
Abortion is murder.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 10:22:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/2/2015 10:21:11 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 11/2/2015 10:17:52 PM, fire_man wrote:
At 11/1/2015 5:12:31 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Let's talk about abortion. What are your thoughts and feelings on abortion? What does abortion mean to you? For me, abortion is murder because it kills a living child. : :

Since God created all abortions, abortionists and the Christians who kill abortionists, I have no complaints towards it. It is what it is because we can't change the will of God.

This means we have to live with it and not fear abortions. We should fear the creator of abortions instead.
Abortion is murder.

Not to run around THIS one again, but it clearly is not murder while it is legal. Calling a hamster a mouse does not change facts.
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 10:23:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/2/2015 10:17:08 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 11/1/2015 5:12:31 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Let's talk about abortion. What are your thoughts and feelings on abortion? What does abortion mean to you? For me, abortion is murder because it kills a living child.

I think I told you before my main position here but here it is again.

The conclusion that a woman should not be allowed to have an abortion from the moment of conception and if she does is the equivalent to murder would be f*cking hilarious if it wasn't for the consequences of forced continuation of pregnancy for said woman.

If a woman do not want children, she needs to use contraception.
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,385
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 10:25:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/1/2015 5:12:31 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Let's talk about abortion. What are your thoughts and feelings on abortion? What does abortion mean to you? For me, abortion is murder because it kills a living child.

I think aborting is not the right choice (in most cases), but I think women should be able to choose.
A fetus is not a human being, so it is not murder.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
fire_man
Posts: 23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 10:26:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/2/2015 10:21:11 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 11/2/2015 10:17:52 PM, fire_man wrote:
At 11/1/2015 5:12:31 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Let's talk about abortion. What are your thoughts and feelings on abortion? What does abortion mean to you? For me, abortion is murder because it kills a living child. : :

Since God created all abortions, abortionists and the Christians who kill abortionists, I have no complaints towards it. It is what it is because we can't change the will of God.

This means we have to live with it and not fear abortions. We should fear the creator of abortions instead.
Abortion is murder. : :

God is the creator of all murders, suicides, wars, tornadoes, accidents, earthquakes, diseases, and all death of the flesh. If you could change the will of God, then you would be my hero instead of God.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 10:43:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/2/2015 10:22:35 PM, TBR wrote:
At 11/2/2015 10:21:11 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 11/2/2015 10:17:52 PM, fire_man wrote:
At 11/1/2015 5:12:31 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Let's talk about abortion. What are your thoughts and feelings on abortion? What does abortion mean to you? For me, abortion is murder because it kills a living child. : :

Since God created all abortions, abortionists and the Christians who kill abortionists, I have no complaints towards it. It is what it is because we can't change the will of God.

This means we have to live with it and not fear abortions. We should fear the creator of abortions instead.
Abortion is murder.

Not to run around THIS one again, but it clearly is not murder while it is legal. Calling a hamster a mouse does not change facts.

Only if one accepts the law as perfect. If you are going to make this argument then the Nazis didn't murder 6 million Jews. China doesn't murder newborns who exceed the 1 child policy, etc. Laws recognize a deeper truth, they do not create truth. Using an unjust law as a verbiage defense is merely sleazy lawyer tactics.

One human intentionally killing another human for reasons other than self defense is murder plain & simple.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 10:44:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/2/2015 10:43:01 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/2/2015 10:22:35 PM, TBR wrote:
At 11/2/2015 10:21:11 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 11/2/2015 10:17:52 PM, fire_man wrote:
At 11/1/2015 5:12:31 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Let's talk about abortion. What are your thoughts and feelings on abortion? What does abortion mean to you? For me, abortion is murder because it kills a living child. : :

Since God created all abortions, abortionists and the Christians who kill abortionists, I have no complaints towards it. It is what it is because we can't change the will of God.

This means we have to live with it and not fear abortions. We should fear the creator of abortions instead.
Abortion is murder.

Not to run around THIS one again, but it clearly is not murder while it is legal. Calling a hamster a mouse does not change facts.

Only if one accepts the law as perfect. If you are going to make this argument then the Nazis didn't murder 6 million Jews. China doesn't murder newborns who exceed the 1 child policy, etc. Laws recognize a deeper truth, they do not create truth. Using an unjust law as a verbiage defense is merely sleazy lawyer tactics.

One human intentionally killing another human for reasons other than self defense is murder plain & simple.

Words have meaning. You being sloppy with them to play on emotion is... sloppy.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 10:46:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/2/2015 10:44:46 PM, TBR wrote:
At 11/2/2015 10:43:01 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/2/2015 10:22:35 PM, TBR wrote:
At 11/2/2015 10:21:11 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 11/2/2015 10:17:52 PM, fire_man wrote:
At 11/1/2015 5:12:31 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Let's talk about abortion. What are your thoughts and feelings on abortion? What does abortion mean to you? For me, abortion is murder because it kills a living child. : :

Since God created all abortions, abortionists and the Christians who kill abortionists, I have no complaints towards it. It is what it is because we can't change the will of God.

This means we have to live with it and not fear abortions. We should fear the creator of abortions instead.
Abortion is murder.

Not to run around THIS one again, but it clearly is not murder while it is legal. Calling a hamster a mouse does not change facts.

Only if one accepts the law as perfect. If you are going to make this argument then the Nazis didn't murder 6 million Jews. China doesn't murder newborns who exceed the 1 child policy, etc. Laws recognize a deeper truth, they do not create truth. Using an unjust law as a verbiage defense is merely sleazy lawyer tactics.

One human intentionally killing another human for reasons other than self defense is murder plain & simple.

Words have meaning. You being sloppy with them to play on emotion is... sloppy.

Yes they do. That is why I used the word murder. You did not refute my argument. Is positive law perfect? Does it create truth?
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 10:53:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Yes they do. That is why I used the word murder. You did not refute my argument. Is positive law perfect? Does it create truth?

Sure. Law is imperfect. Now do you admit that abortion while legal is not murder?
Geogeer
Posts: 4,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 11:03:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/2/2015 10:53:21 PM, TBR wrote:
Yes they do. That is why I used the word murder. You did not refute my argument. Is positive law perfect? Does it create truth?

Sure. Law is imperfect. Now do you admit that abortion while legal is not murder?

No because Natural Law supersedes positive law. That is why one has the moral authority to justly stand up to a false law and call it out for what it is - a lie. Thus abortion is murder while currently being legal.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 11:11:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
No because Natural Law supersedes positive law. That is why one has the moral authority to justly stand up to a false law and call it out for what it is - a lie. Thus abortion is murder while currently being legal.

So now laws of nation are made by your particular interpretation of "natural law". Further they supersede constitutional law? Fascinating - let me check that out.

While I am at it, let me check how slandering 4:10 women and the ~2000 OBGYNs works in law.
ironslippers
Posts: 513
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2015 2:13:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/1/2015 5:12:31 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Let's talk about abortion. What are your thoughts and feelings on abortion? What does abortion mean to you? For me, abortion is murder because it kills a living child.

I don't condone abortion Its a painful procedure particularly when performed an a man
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers