Total Posts:151|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Unborn children have the right to live.

LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 12:35:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
We hold these truths to be self evident that all people are created equal and endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights such as life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 12:46:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hm, how does one *define* that right exactly?

Technically something that has not yet come into the world has no real 'right'.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 3:24:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/4/2015 12:35:16 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
We hold these truths to be self evident that all people are created equal and endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights such as life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

But if your poor and have nothing not health care.............
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 3:27:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/4/2015 12:46:25 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Hm, how does one *define* that right exactly?

Technically something that has not yet come into the world has no real 'right'.

That is a stupid question. Everyone knows what the right to live means. It means it is wrong to kill that person.
xus00HAY
Posts: 1,389
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 3:59:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
"Unborn children" is not unlike an Oxymoron.
Most people have one of 3 opinions on this issue,
1) Pro-life Life; begins at conception therefore a fertilized egg cell is a person.
2) Pro-Choice; Life begins at birth. If a woman does a fertility test shortly after unprotected sex, and finds that a pregnancy has started, and then takes an abortion pill what was inside her was a fertilized egg cell that may have started forming an embryo, and is something between a fertilized egg cell and an embryo that still has none of the characteristics that distinguish it from a fertilized egg cell or embryo of another mammal. While the embryo may become a human baby if it remained inside of her for a few months, said woman has no obligation to allow this creature to use her body as an incubator.
3) Pro Abortion; If one takes into consideration all of the bad things this human could do during his/her lifetime, as well as all the bad things that could be done to him/her one is forced to come to the conclusion that life sucks, therefore anyone who stops a woman from doing an abortion should burn in hell.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 4:12:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/4/2015 12:35:16 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
We hold these truths to be self evident that all people are created equal and endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights such as life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Not all life is protected as an unalienable right. Criminals are now, and were put to death. There has never been an absolute right to life.
BlackFlags
Posts: 904
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 4:17:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/4/2015 4:12:40 AM, TBR wrote:
At 11/4/2015 12:35:16 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
We hold these truths to be self evident that all people are created equal and endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights such as life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Not all life is protected as an unalienable right. Criminals are now, and were put to death. There has never been an absolute right to life.

Okay, so now you want to redefine the constitution? That excerpt is from the declaration of independence, but our constitution still has life in it.

If you want to redefine the constitution, that is fine, but it pretty clearly states that the government will not hinder with life in the constitution.
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 4:18:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/4/2015 4:12:40 AM, TBR wrote:
At 11/4/2015 12:35:16 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
We hold these truths to be self evident that all people are created equal and endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights such as life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Not all life is protected as an unalienable right. Criminals are now, and were put to death. There has never been an absolute right to life.

The unborn child has the right to live.
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 4:20:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/4/2015 4:17:27 AM, BlackFlags wrote:
At 11/4/2015 4:12:40 AM, TBR wrote:
At 11/4/2015 12:35:16 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
We hold these truths to be self evident that all people are created equal and endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights such as life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Not all life is protected as an unalienable right. Criminals are now, and were put to death. There has never been an absolute right to life.

Okay, so now you want to redefine the constitution? That excerpt is from the declaration of independence, but our constitution still has life in it.

If you want to redefine the constitution, that is fine, but it pretty clearly states that the government will not hinder with life in the constitution.

Well said.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 4:46:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Not all life is protected as an unalienable right. Criminals are now, and were put to death. There has never been an absolute right to life.

The unborn child has the right to live.

So you say. I know you think this. However, using the line from the constitution, all people (criminals included) have this right. If someone is attacking you, do you have the right to defend even if it means death to another?
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 4:52:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/4/2015 4:17:27 AM, BlackFlags wrote:
At 11/4/2015 4:12:40 AM, TBR wrote:
At 11/4/2015 12:35:16 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
We hold these truths to be self evident that all people are created equal and endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights such as life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Not all life is protected as an unalienable right. Criminals are now, and were put to death. There has never been an absolute right to life.

Okay, so now you want to redefine the constitution? That excerpt is from the declaration of independence, but our constitution still has life in it.

If you want to redefine the constitution, that is fine, but it pretty clearly states that the government will not hinder with life in the constitution.

See, now THIS is a chance for humility. Yea, it is the declaration NOT the constitution.

Now, back on track with full apologies for my error. People violating the rights of others are put to death by the state, and the state allows individuals to kill when the same conditions are true. Simply put, there is NO absolute right to life.
Uniter
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 5:35:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I think the question itself is messed up. An unborn child doesn't really have a choice to live or die, right? It's the mother who has the choice to end her child's life in the womb. Now if we look at it, every human has the choice to do what they want, as long as it doesn't harm others, the harm principle. So a mother has the choice to kill what may or may not want to live, if it has the chance to grow up and and choose. Now if that mother has religious influence she may choose not to even if her innate desire is to terminate. It's the mother's choice to go against what her beliefs are and terminate, but if she assumes she won't face a consequence in her religious community, she is most likely wrong, because even though people say god will judge her, people will also judge her. So in my opinion, the woman has the choice to do what she wishes, but for every action there is a consequence. Some might say, hey man why does religion have to be so mean. To them I say why should a disciplined belief be tolerated, because we are in the 21st century? Sure certain things like beheading, and to crucify someone shouldn't be tolerated, but things like abortion can still continue, there are no human rights being violated, because for some person a fetus may not have the qualities of a human, whereas others see the fetus with a soul that can't be seen. God damn Im really into this topic for some reason, World peace people, coexist, and socialist revolution!
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 7:00:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/4/2015 3:27:43 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 11/4/2015 12:46:25 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Hm, how does one *define* that right exactly?

Technically something that has not yet come into the world has no real 'right'.

That is a stupid question. Everyone knows what the right to live means. It means it is wrong to kill that person.

Nope, the only thing that's 'stupid' is this entire thread. Having a right to live would require that you actually DO live.

Once again it is not *wrong*, as a fetus (this obviously completely escapes your mental understanding) is not a person.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 10:02:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/4/2015 7:00:43 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 11/4/2015 3:27:43 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 11/4/2015 12:46:25 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Hm, how does one *define* that right exactly?

Technically something that has not yet come into the world has no real 'right'.

That is a stupid question. Everyone knows what the right to live means. It means it is wrong to kill that person.

Nope, the only thing that's 'stupid' is this entire thread. Having a right to live would require that you actually DO live.

Once again it is not *wrong*, as a fetus (this obviously completely escapes your mental understanding) is not a person.

There is nothing stupid about babies having the right to live.
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 10:05:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/4/2015 4:46:54 AM, TBR wrote:
Not all life is protected as an unalienable right. Criminals are now, and were put to death. There has never been an absolute right to life.

The unborn child has the right to live.

So you say. I know you think this. However, using the line from the constitution, all people (criminals included) have this right. If someone is attacking you, do you have the right to defend even if it means death to another?

Fact: People have the right to live.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 10:09:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Fact: People have the right to live.

Fact: Women have a right to control how their body is used.

See how pointless running this same ground is? Try some new tact or just go round-and-round.
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 10:18:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/4/2015 10:09:48 PM, TBR wrote:
Fact: People have the right to live.

Fact: Women have a right to control how their body is used.

See how pointless running this same ground is? Try some new tact or just go round-and-round.

Women do not have the right to murder their babies. If you don't want a baby, don't have unprotected sex.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 10:28:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Women do not have the right to murder their babies. If you don't want a baby, don't have unprotected sex.

OK. Lets try a little thought exercise, see if it moves anywhere.

You are going for a drive, just for fun, looking at changing fall leafs. You are taking reasonable precautions, however you still crash. Your car careens into a bystander killing him.

Do you feel bad for the bystander? Do you have a responsibility to him? Should you be charged? Should you be forced to provide for his family?
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 10:32:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/4/2015 10:28:40 PM, TBR wrote:
Women do not have the right to murder their babies. If you don't want a baby, don't have unprotected sex.

OK. Lets try a little thought exercise, see if it moves anywhere.

You are going for a drive, just for fun, looking at changing fall leafs. You are taking reasonable precautions, however you still crash. Your car careens into a bystander killing him.

Do you feel bad for the bystander? Do you have a responsibility to him? Should you be charged? Should you be forced to provide for his family?

The main fact is that babies have the right to live. If you don't want a baby, use contraception.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 10:54:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago

The main fact is that babies have the right to live. If you don't want a baby, use contraception.

So... Nothing to offer but the pro-life platitudes. This is it. Just post over and over the same tired assertions.
SM2
Posts: 546
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 11:06:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
"Unborn children have the right to live."

Whether the unborn have the right to life is the entire point of the abortion debate. Thus, asserting that they do in support of a pro-life stance is a Begging the Question fallacy.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 11:07:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/4/2015 12:35:16 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
We hold these truths to be self evident that all people are created equal and endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights such as life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

What qualifies as unborn?
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 11:11:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/4/2015 10:54:53 PM, TBR wrote:

The main fact is that babies have the right to live. If you don't want a baby, use contraception.

So... Nothing to offer but the pro-life platitudes. This is it. Just post over and over the same tired assertions.

Yes or no: Do unborn children have the right to live?
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 11:13:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/4/2015 11:06:20 PM, SM2 wrote:
"Unborn children have the right to live."

Whether the unborn have the right to life is the entire point of the abortion debate. Thus, asserting that they do in support of a pro-life stance is a Begging the Question fallacy.

I agree.
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 11:15:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/4/2015 11:07:14 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/4/2015 12:35:16 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
We hold these truths to be self evident that all people are created equal and endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights such as life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

What qualifies as unborn?

That is a stupid question. Everyone knows what unborn mewans. It means that someone is not born yet.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 11:17:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/4/2015 11:15:50 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 11/4/2015 11:07:14 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/4/2015 12:35:16 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
We hold these truths to be self evident that all people are created equal and endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights such as life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

What qualifies as unborn?

That is a stupid question. Everyone knows what unborn mewans. It means that someone is not born yet.

So theoretically this can come, even before conception and hundreds of years in the future or past. The definition is so wide that it would mean that any move you make, could potentially lead to the death of somebody.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 11:20:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/4/2015 11:11:22 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 11/4/2015 10:54:53 PM, TBR wrote:

The main fact is that babies have the right to live. If you don't want a baby, use contraception.

So... Nothing to offer but the pro-life platitudes. This is it. Just post over and over the same tired assertions.

Yes or no: Do unborn children have the right to live?

I answered that several posts ago, and you simply blast past everything. No right is absolute.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 11:22:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/4/2015 11:18:01 PM, Wylted wrote:
I would like to point out to everyone that the op is a Democrat. That is all.

I said he might want to join the GOP in another thread. It is literally all he talks about
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 11:25:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/4/2015 11:22:06 PM, TBR wrote:
At 11/4/2015 11:18:01 PM, Wylted wrote:
I would like to point out to everyone that the op is a Democrat. That is all.

I said he might want to join the GOP in another thread. It is literally all he talks about

Yeah, you're probably right. It seems silly for somebody only focused on one issue to continually vote against that one issue.