Total Posts:103|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What is the U.S #1 in? (Positive things)

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 2:19:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/4/2015 2:17:12 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
What are we actually good at?

Well we kick a$$ on the gun to people ratio. #1. 112.6 guns for every 100 citizens.

https://en.wikipedia.org...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 2:21:36 AM

Really. We are a very cool country. Ill give you a positive one.

Fields medals.
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 2:26:08 AM
At 11/4/2015 2:19:04 AM, TBR wrote:

Well we kick a$$ on the gun to people ratio. #1. 112.6 guns for every 100 citizens.

Not sure if this a good or bad thing.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 2:26:18 AM
At 11/4/2015 2:20:09 AM, TBR wrote:

Most expensive healthcare

https://www.washingtonpost.com...

Definitely a bad thing.
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 2:26:26 AM
At 11/4/2015 2:21:36 AM, TBR wrote:

Fields medals.

meh
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 2:33:51 AM

Fields medals.

Seriously though, why do people want to live here? I'm eager to know. There as to be something that makes America a great place.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 2:41:56 AM
At 11/4/2015 2:33:51 AM, tajshar2k wrote:

Fields medals.

Seriously though, why do people want to live here? I'm eager to know. There as to be something that makes America a great place.

Really good at exploiting stupid people.
BlackFlags
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 3:23:43 AM
At 11/4/2015 2:41:56 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
Really good at exploiting stupid people.
+1

I actually think most Americans are really smart. We have a way of making the loud ones cancel out all the other noise.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 3:24:24 AM
Number 1 in putting people on the moon and sending probes + rovers to other planets, so theres that
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 3:26:32 AM
The US is also the movie production capital of the world, since no city puts out as many movies as Hollywood does
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 4:14:59 AM
At 11/4/2015 3:24:24 AM, imabench wrote:
Number 1 in putting people on the moon and sending probes + rovers to other planets, so theres that

That one makes me very proud.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 4:29:25 AM
GDP. Military might (disputable). Influence over the world. Our national language is the lingua franca of the planet. Our TV and movies are watched by most countries. First country to develop nuclear weapons. First and only country to put a man on the moon. Most competitive country on Earth. Currently the only country to field a Fifth Generation fighter jet. Most aircraft carriers. Highest military budget. Most money spent on social security.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 4:39:05 AM
At 11/4/2015 4:29:25 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
GDP. Military might (disputable). Influence over the world. Our national language is the lingua franca of the planet. Our TV and movies are watched by most countries. First country to develop nuclear weapons. First and only country to put a man on the moon. Most competitive country on Earth. Currently the only country to field a Fifth Generation fighter jet. Most aircraft carriers. Highest military budget. Most money spent on social security.

Military I agree with. Our language (borrowed) is actually third. Chinese, Spanish THEN English. Hollywood kicks the a$$ of everything else (BBC is great, but...). MOON!!!! NASA!!! Well, conservatives are doing their best to ensure that we will lag in space, but for now we still kick some a$$.
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 7:10:42 AM

creativity. sadly this also includes the art of deception and extremes
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 7:38:08 AM
-Being fake.

-Starting wars.

-Making stupid movies.

-Being fat.

-Being stupid.

-Being ignorant of all other countries.

-Knowing nothing of other cultures.

-Being total hypocrites.

-Spreading ANTI-COMMUNIST PROPAGANDA.

Now onto your flaws...
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 7:39:21 AM
At 11/4/2015 3:26:32 AM, imabench wrote:
The US is also the movie production capital of the world, since no city puts out as many movies as Hollywood does

Sadly.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 7:44:37 AM
At 11/4/2015 4:39:05 AM, TBR wrote:

Military I agree with. Our language (borrowed) is actually third. Chinese, Spanish THEN English. Hollywood kicks the a$$ of everything else (BBC is great, but...). MOON!!!! NASA!!! Well, conservatives are doing their best to ensure that we will lag in space, but for now we still kick some a$$.

*sigh*...Americans.

You've obviously never watched any European cinema, which is completely superior in EVERY conceivable way.

Additionally the BBC is not really great, it's pretty average. All other European things are great though!

stargate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 11:18:45 AM
At 11/4/2015 7:38:08 AM, Emilrose wrote:
-Being fake.

-Starting wars.

-Making stupid movies.

-Being fat.

-Being stupid.

-Being total hypocrites.

Now onto your flaws...

One a lot of that is basis and bull crap. We are not all fat, we are not all hypocrites. A lot of nations have them,we are not ignorant. We also are not stupid.
stargate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 11:20:05 AM
At 11/4/2015 7:44:37 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 11/4/2015 4:39:05 AM, TBR wrote:

*sigh*...Americans.

You've obviously never watched any European cinema, which is completely superior in EVERY conceivable way.

Additionally the BBC is not really great, it's pretty average. All other European things are great though!

I see now you are just trying ti make europe look better.
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 1:59:56 PM
At 11/4/2015 11:18:45 AM, stargate wrote:
At 11/4/2015 7:38:08 AM, Emilrose wrote:
-Being fake.

-Starting wars.

-Making stupid movies.

-Being fat.

-Being stupid.

-Being total hypocrites.

Now onto your flaws...

One a lot of that is basis and bull crap. We are not all fat, we are not all hypocrites. A lot of nations have them,we are not ignorant. We also are not stupid.

+1
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 3:21:21 PM
This isn't political in nature, but we've got some really great sports. NFL and NBA are indisputably the best world-wide.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 3:33:04 PM

*sigh*...Americans.

Sigh yourself. I have, and still do watch plenty. Some is great, but it is the exception.

If you want to just be contrarian fine, but this one the USA has everyone beat.