Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

Do people even understand what rights are?

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 10:16:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
http://www.foxnews.com...

This is why when people say "so and so is discriminating!!!1!!" I usually roll my eyes. These protesters, backed by a dang professor of Journalism, were oppressing someone's 1st amendment rights while protesting for their own 1st amendment rights.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 10:25:53 PM
At 11/11/2015 10:16:12 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

This is why when people say "so and so is discriminating!!!1!!" I usually roll my eyes. These protesters, backed by a dang professor of Journalism, were oppressing someone's 1st amendment rights while protesting for their own 1st amendment rights.

Yea, this is one of those story's you really got to scratch your head at. Who on earth thinks you get to declare some bit of public space as exempt from rights.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 10:30:22 PM
I admit I have not watched the video, but my read so far is, this is a great example for conservatives to toss in my face. I am the first to say, flip this situation around, I would be livid.

Putting your body in the way of the cameraman is totally legal. A prof calling for muscle and calling it some sort of "safe space" is utter bullsh1t!
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 10:33:46 PM
At 11/11/2015 10:30:22 PM, TBR wrote:
I admit I have not watched the video, but my read so far is, this is a great example for conservatives to toss in my face. I am the first to say, flip this situation around, I would be livid.

Putting your body in the way of the cameraman is totally legal. A prof calling for muscle and calling it some sort of "safe space" is utter bullsh1t!

Putting your body in front is "legal," but utterly hypocritically. As is holding your hands over the camera. As is walking right up to the person and then telling them that they are invading your personal space and need to back up, only to step right up to them again and repeat the demand.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 10:36:25 PM
Putting your body in front is "legal," but utterly hypocritically. As is holding your hands over the camera. As is walking right up to the person and then telling them that they are invading your personal space and need to back up, only to step right up to them again and repeat the demand.

Well... Since we are talking rights, the people who object can tell the photographer they don't want their picture taken. They can tell him as many times as they like. They can block the view, even put up their hands up. All jerk moves, but total legal.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 10:56:17 PM
At 11/11/2015 10:36:25 PM, TBR wrote:

Well... Since we are talking rights, the people who object can tell the photographer they don't want their picture taken. They can tell him as many times as they like. They can block the view, even put up their hands up. All jerk moves, but total legal.

It is legal, but it is disrespecting the reporter's rights. There is a difference between respecting rights and being legal.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 11:15:27 PM
At 11/11/2015 10:56:17 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/11/2015 10:36:25 PM, TBR wrote:

It is legal, but it is disrespecting the reporter's rights. There is a difference between respecting rights and being legal.

I think we agree on this.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2015 12:00:51 AM
At 11/11/2015 11:49:37 PM, BlackFlags wrote:
Rights don't exist

#Thetruthstupidpeople

Agreed, at least that they don't objectively exist.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2015 2:48:18 AM

Most, actually no... scratch that... virtually all people who are not lawyers are utterly incompetent with regard to what their legal rights are, are not, etc.

In a related note... whenever anyone says "I have a right to free speech!" in response to someone disagreeing with them, it makes me cringe.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2015 2:51:47 AM
Now, with regard to the article, and the madness in Missouri:

Everything there is fuckedup. That is all.
Tsar of DDO
Dilara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2015 4:16:23 AM

SJWs are so intolerant to other opinions and they're such entitled brats thinking they can ban whatever offends them.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2015 12:38:34 PM

Protesting 101:
Never, ever, let facts or reason get in the way of a good protest.
My work here is, finally, done.