Jump to topic:

Mormon, libertarian take-over

NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 11:24:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I find it hilarious that Mormons and libertarians are taking over Debate.org. In real life, the libertarian movement is dying plus Mormonism is really only found in Utah. I have nothing against these groups of people, just find it funny how they are a majority on Debate.org.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 11:33:21 PM
At 11/11/2015 11:24:13 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
I find it hilarious that Mormons and libertarians are taking over Debate.org. In real life, the libertarian movement is dying plus Mormonism is really only found in Utah. I have nothing against these groups of people, just find it funny how they are a majority on Debate.org.

Where are our Mormons?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 11:35:41 PM
At 11/11/2015 11:33:21 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Where are our Mormons?
For starters, Varrack and BIGC. There are plenty of others.
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 11:35:55 PM

Where are our Mormons?
Oh yes!
emporer1 is also a Mormon
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 11:45:08 PM
At 11/11/2015 11:35:41 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

Where are our Mormons?

Where is Varrack? Haven't seen him around for awhile.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 11:45:54 PM

You have a very dull sense of humor if this factoid is hilarious.
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 11:46:13 PM
At 11/11/2015 11:45:08 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

Where are our Mormons?

His account is de-activate. It's a shame. He was sort-of my DDO mentor. My old account was mystery_man43. I've known him since coming on DDO.
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 11:46:39 PM
At 11/11/2015 11:45:54 PM, TBR wrote:

You have a very dull sense of humor if this factoid is hilarious.
Not dull, just strange. :)
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 11:48:16 PM
At 11/11/2015 11:46:13 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 11/11/2015 11:45:08 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

Where are our Mormons?

His account is de-activate. It's a shame. He was sort-of my DDO mentor. My old account was mystery_man43. I've known him since coming on DDO.

Yeah, that's what I was meaning. I didn't know if you knew why he'd left. You're right, it's a shame. He was good :)
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
kasmic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2015 5:09:33 PM

Mormons are not only found in Utah, there are more Mormons outside the U.S. than in it.

I certainly dont think that either libertarians, or mormons are a majority... especially not the combo together.
"Liberalism Defined" http://www.debate.org...
"The Social Contract" http://www.debate.org...
"Intro to IR An Open Discussion" http://www.debate.org...

Check out my website, the Sensible Soapbox http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
My latest article: http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2015 5:13:46 PM
At 11/12/2015 5:09:33 PM, kasmic wrote:

Mormons are not only found in Utah, there are more Mormons outside the U.S. than in it.

I certainly dont think that either libertarians, or mormons are a majority... especially not the combo together.

I have known a fair amount of Mormons. Never lived in Utah. Yea they are not contained on some sort of reservation. And, as a point, I have liked everyone I have known. They are just about the most pleasant of any religious people I have known.
CaptMalcolmReynolds4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 7:35:49 PM

I can't speak for Mormons, but as a libertarian I don't think the movement has gone away. You have anti-establishment people such as Bernie Sanders and Rand Paul on both sides, and I believe according to a recent Time magazine article I read that 40% of Americans identify as fiscally conservative, and socially liberal, and that 20% of Americans fall under a libertarian portion of the political compass... so I wouldn't say it's dying out.