Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

Who will be the next American president?

beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2015 8:23:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Current trends suggest the democratic party has the advantage with Hilary Clinton in pole position for winning the leadership contest it seems likely she will be the next president of the usa in my opinion. Who do you expect (not want) to become America's next president?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2015 2:26:08 PM
At 11/12/2015 8:23:36 AM, beng100 wrote:
Current trends suggest the democratic party has the advantage with Hilary Clinton in pole position for winning the leadership contest it seems likely she will be the next president of the usa in my opinion. Who do you expect (not want) to become America's next president?

Ill bet on Hillary as well. The GOP have alienated hispanics (Via Donald Trump) and women (Via opposing Planned Parenthood) which are two factions you need to win the election.... Once Obama and Oprah endorses Hillary, that should give her the black vote as well, and depending on who Hillary picks as her VP, she could lock up the youth vote on top of it.

Demographic-wise I see no path for any GOP candidate to win....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2015 3:59:27 PM

Yea. As Bench said, the demographics are totally stacked against the GOP. They win in low turnout elections (lots of reasons for this) but can't win nationally in presidential years.

My hope is for Sanders. My bets are on Hillary. The GOP is a fun sideshow to watch, but I have few sleepless nights about any of them winning.
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2015 4:44:53 PM
Clinton part deux
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2015 5:48:37 PM
At 11/12/2015 4:44:53 PM, Fly wrote:
Clinton part deux

Just on a completely personal note - I dislike this part a great deal. I love Bill, and Hillary is who she is. My point is not about if she is good or not, but that I don't like this bullsh1t legacy stuff. When Bush was running, I said the same thing. It has a very un-Americana feel to it. We have plenty of good people in our country, the idea that we have gone to the same well (both party's) a number of times disturbs me. Same with the Kennedy. Love them, but I don't want to see another run for president.
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2015 5:52:24 PM
At 11/12/2015 5:48:37 PM, TBR wrote:
Clinton part deux

Just on a completely personal note - I dislike this part a great deal. I love Bill, and Hillary is who she is. My point is not about if she is good or not, but that I don't like this bullsh1t legacy stuff. When Bush was running, I said the same thing. It has a very un-Americana feel to it. We have plenty of good people in our country, the idea that we have gone to the same well (both party's) a number of times disturbs me. Same with the Kennedy. Love them, but I don't want to see another run for president.

Yes-- it makes me wonder sometimes if people are naturally drawn to monarchy and the concept of a ruling class despite having a governmental structure designed specifically to discourage it.
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2015 8:19:02 PM
We're still a year away from the election. Ill start paying attention in a few months when the field starts to narrow down and the candidates who peak early get eliminated.
beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 12:23:25 AM
At 11/12/2015 8:19:02 PM, 58539672 wrote:
We're still a year away from the election. Ill start paying attention in a few months when the field starts to narrow down and the candidates who peak early get eliminated.

True but I would be surprised if Clinton fails to win.
beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 12:29:30 AM
At 11/13/2015 12:27:46 AM, xus00HAY wrote:
I would be surprised if any of these candidates wins the election

Who do you predict will win then?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 1:12:08 AM
At 11/12/2015 5:52:24 PM, Fly wrote:
At 11/12/2015 5:48:37 PM, TBR wrote:
Clinton part deux

Yes-- it makes me wonder sometimes if people are naturally drawn to monarchy and the concept of a ruling class despite having a governmental structure designed specifically to discourage it.

Just crown Oprah queen, give out a palace like UK.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 4:22:30 AM
At 11/13/2015 12:42:53 AM, TN05 wrote:
Marco Rubio, and the election won't be particularly close.

How much money would you be willing to place on that?
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 4:24:04 AM
The next president will be Clinton. She could run against Cruz or Trump, but I maintain that Trump will get the nomination.
Tsar of DDO
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 4:34:22 AM
Rumor has it that the scientific community is making a breakthrough on their attempts to resurrect George Washington who plans to run again
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 5:05:22 AM

Deez Nuts is our political saviour, he will win the vote.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 12:18:22 PM
At 11/13/2015 4:22:30 AM, YYW wrote:

How much money would you be willing to place on that?

Not anything until the general, really. By 'not particularly close' I see something between Bush's re-election in 2004 and Obama's election in 2008. Not a landslide, but not a dead heat. I think Hillary would have a hard time convincing people she knows more about poverty and student loan debt than someone who has actually lived through them.
beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 6:03:53 PM

Yes I think Rubio is the republican candidate with the best chance of defeating Clinton. However he will need to quell both trump supporters and the tea party movement after nomination to make the GOP look a credible electable party. I like a lot of what trump says but I think he will alienate women, ethnic minorities and working class people too much to win a general election although I predict he will secure the GOP nomination.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 6:57:26 PM
At 11/13/2015 6:03:53 PM, beng100 wrote:

Yes I think Rubio is the republican candidate with the best chance of defeating Clinton. However he will need to quell both trump supporters and the tea party movement after nomination to make the GOP look a credible electable party. I like a lot of what trump says but I think he will alienate women, ethnic minorities and working class people too much to win a general election although I predict he will secure the GOP nomination.

I am unconvinced that Trump or Carson actually want to win.
dale2000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 8:52:27 PM
At 11/12/2015 2:26:08 PM, imabench wrote:

Ill bet on Hillary as well. The GOP have alienated hispanics (Via Donald Trump) and women (Via opposing Planned Parenthood) which are two factions you need to win the election.... Once Obama and Oprah endorses Hillary, that should give her the black vote as well, and depending on who Hillary picks as her VP, she could lock up the youth vote on top of it.

Don't know who the GOP candidate will be...it could be anybody on the list. Right now, I would guess Trump or Rubio, although Cruz is coming on strong and Carson seems to be holding. In any case, any of the above could win the nomination. And with a wise selection for running mate, will be able to mount a pretty competitive campaign.

But it won't matter in the end. Because as per our norm, Americans will be forced to choose the lesser of 2 evils, rather than the best person for the job, and the anointed one, Hillary will be the next POTUS.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 10:03:25 AM
At 11/12/2015 2:26:08 PM, imabench wrote:

Didn't Regan teach you can lose every other vote but gain the white & evangelical vote and win ? Or were demographics too different now that that option would not work.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 10:40:02 PM

Donald Trump. By this time next year, nothing is going to matter except Iraq and issues tangential to it, like the Paris attacks yesterday. There is also a ballooning refugee crisis overtaking Europe right now, and ISIS is more than likely heavily embedded within the refugee population. The terrorism attacks are only going to get worse, and add that with western retaliation => US troops back in Iraq, and Clinton will fall on her 2002 vote.

Trump's position on Iraq through the years has been better than most candidates in the field. Add that with the rather high likelihood that he'll win the GOP nomination, and he should be able to pull enough white votes from both parties to win next November.

Minority votes won't matter...that's why they're called "minorities". Sad, but true.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?