Jump to topic:

Trump Triumph '16

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 1:35:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Trump is absolutely DESTROYING the polls. Of the last 10 polls, Teflon Don is up by double digits in 6 of them. Except for one outlier poll with a tiny sample size where he is behind by a point, he's winning big in every poll. Bush only broke double digits in one! Kasich tried to stump the Trump and never got higher than 4%

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 2:55:57 AM
At 11/20/2015 1:35:02 AM, thett3 wrote:
Trump is absolutely DESTROYING the polls. Of the last 10 polls, Teflon Don is up by double digits in 6 of them. Except for one outlier poll with a tiny sample size where he is behind by a point, he's winning big in every poll. Bush only broke double digits in one! Kasich tried to stump the Trump and never got higher than 4%

I prefer the RCP tracking because these new online polls aren't as tested... yet. (The Reuters one).

If Trump wins, I am gonna be very, very mad.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:01:18 AM
At 11/20/2015 2:55:57 AM, 16kadams wrote:

I prefer the RCP tracking because these new online polls aren't as tested... yet. (The Reuters one).

RCP is ignoring a lot of polls for reasons I can't explain. The Rasmussen one, certainly, should be included in their aggregate by any standard. As for scientific online vs. telephone polls, who knows? There's a huge crisis in polling right now as their results become less and less accurate.

I'm going to laugh very hard when Trump wins. A big, pirate like belly laugh
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:09:27 AM

I've been meaning to ask you... are you being facetious or do you actually want Donald Trump to become the next president?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:16:34 AM
At 11/20/2015 3:01:18 AM, thett3 wrote:

RCP is ignoring a lot of polls for reasons I can't explain. The Rasmussen one, certainly, should be included in their aggregate by any standard. As for scientific online vs. telephone polls, who knows? There's a huge crisis in polling right now as their results become less and less accurate.

Online polls will eventually be the norm. I think Huffington Post should remove the Reuters poll because it is such an outlier. But yeah, why isn't RCP including Rasmussen?!

He will kill the party :(
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:17:36 AM
At 11/20/2015 3:09:27 AM, 000ike wrote:

I've been meaning to ask you... are you being facetious or do you actually want Donald Trump to become the next president?

No, not really. But I genuinely can't stand the establishment Republicans and I'm enjoying so much watching people like Bush just get destroyed by this guy who basically decided to run for president because his ego was just that big. Bush sold his soul to big money donors for $100 million. Serves him right, in my mind. Serves them all right to get beaten by him.

Trump is a terrible candidate. The kind of support and enthusiasm he's getting is something that any Republican could get if they were just willing to. Some people actually, truly, genuinely support Donald Trump. These people are dumb. Others, like me, support him because he's hilarious and he ruins everyone they hate. Still others project onto him the candidate they want and try to forget that he's been questioning Obama's citizenship for years, that he used to be a Democrat, that he doesn't have any firm policies on anything. Republicans could learn a lot from Trump if they were just willing to listen.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

BlackFlags
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:19:46 AM
At 11/20/2015 3:17:36 AM, thett3 wrote:
...I genuinely can't stand the establishment Republicans and I'm enjoying so much watching people like Bush just get destroyed by this guy who basically decided to run for president because his ego was just that big.

Why not support another non-establishment candidate, like Ben Carson, Carly Fiorona, or Marco Rubio.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:19:46 AM
At 11/20/2015 3:16:34 AM, 16kadams wrote:

Online polls will eventually be the norm. I think Huffington Post should remove the Reuters poll because it is such an outlier. But yeah, why isn't RCP including Rasmussen?!

He will kill the party :(

Good. The Republican party, as it is today does not deserve to survive. The absolute best outcome for the right is the destruction of the Republican party and its replacement with something else
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

BlackFlags
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:20:06 AM
...I genuinely can't stand the establishment Republicans and I'm enjoying so much watching people like Bush just get destroyed by this guy who basically decided to run for president because his ego was just that big.

Why not support another non-establishment candidate, like Ben Carson, Carly Fiorona, or Marco Rubio.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:20:39 AM
At 11/20/2015 3:19:46 AM, BlackFlags wrote:

Ben Carson is the only one of that trio who isn't establishment (Fiorina was clearly shilled for by the establishment as a "see we aren't sexist" candidate) and he's even nuttier than The Donald
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:21:26 AM

No, not really. But I genuinely can't stand the establishment Republicans and I'm enjoying so much watching people like Bush just get destroyed by this guy who basically decided to run for president because his ego was just that big. Bush sold his soul to big money donors for $100 million. Serves him right, in my mind. Serves them all right to get beaten by him.

Trump is a terrible candidate. The kind of support and enthusiasm he's getting is something that any Republican could get if they were just willing to. Some people actually, truly, genuinely support Donald Trump. These people are dumb. Others, like me, support him because he's hilarious and he ruins everyone they hate. Still others project onto him the candidate they want and try to forget that he's been questioning Obama's citizenship for years, that he used to be a Democrat, that he doesn't have any firm policies on anything. Republicans could learn a lot from Trump if they were just willing to listen.

You realize, though, that in your middle finger to the establishment that won't teach them anything (because they're far too thick), you're handing the next eight years to Hillary...right?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
BlackFlags
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:22:02 AM
At 11/20/2015 3:20:39 AM, thett3 wrote:
Ben Carson is the only one of that trio who isn't establishment (Fiorina was clearly shilled for by the establishment as a "see we aren't sexist" candidate) and he's even nuttier than The Donald

Do you really find all the establishment candidates that bad though?
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:24:17 AM
At 11/20/2015 3:21:26 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

You realize, though, that in your middle finger to the establishment that won't teach them anything (because they're far too thick), you're handing the next eight years to Hillary...right?

Yeah, that does give me pause. I think Clinton had the election in the bag, anyway, though. Unless Republicans make really significant gains with the white vote (so flip places like Minnesota and Pennsylvania) they can't possibly win and because of changing demographics the Republican party is within a few election cycles of never being able to win again, anyway. At least not in its current form.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:25:44 AM

Me too. I really want to see him get the GOP nomination.
Tsar of DDO
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:25:45 AM
At 11/20/2015 3:22:02 AM, BlackFlags wrote:
At 11/20/2015 3:20:39 AM, thett3 wrote:

Do you really find all the establishment candidates that bad though?

Yes. I don't care about Israel, I don't necessarily support free trade, and I don't care if the top marginal tax rate goes up only for households making $450,000+ instead of $250,000+. These are basically the only things the establishment Republicans care about
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:25:47 AM

Ah, I see, that makes me feel better. Trump is literally the most inarticulate individual on the Republican stage - almost everything he says is devoid of substance and nuance... and what's worse is that his speech has a childish simplicity that's hard for me to overlook.

I think Rubio is the most reasonable candidate, and ultimately likely to secure the nomination. For all the attention Trump and Carson are receiving, when it comes time to make a serious decision, GOP voters will (hopefully) put their post-primary objective into consideration.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:27:29 AM
At 11/20/2015 3:25:44 AM, YYW wrote:

Oh man, it would almost be worth giving Clinton the election just to see the panic on the face of every Fox anchor as Trump wins state after state after state on super Tuesday
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:29:10 AM
At 11/20/2015 3:27:29 AM, thett3 wrote:

Oh man, it would almost be worth giving Clinton the election just to see the panic on the face of every Fox anchor as Trump wins state after state after state on super Tuesday

I would love to be there to see it... I can't even imagine the fear they'd have... Just think about what Bill O would do...
Tsar of DDO
BlackFlags
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:30:13 AM
At 11/20/2015 3:25:45 AM, thett3 wrote:
Yes. I don't care about Israel, I don't necessarily support free trade, and I don't care if the top marginal tax rate goes up only for households making $450,000+ instead of $250,000+. These are basically the only things the establishment Republicans care about

What things do you care about? What role do you even think the president should play?

Also I highly disagree that republicans are for free trade. They were against NAFTA, the series of free trade agreements passed by Clinton in the 90's, and they have come out strong against the TPPA agreement that is circulating now.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:31:23 AM
At 11/20/2015 3:25:47 AM, 000ike wrote:

Ah, I see, that makes me feel better. Trump is literally the most inarticulate individual on the Republican stage - almost everything he says is devoid of substance and nuance... and what's worse is that his speech has a childish simplicity that's hard for me to overlook.

I think Rubio is the most reasonable candidate, and ultimately likely to secure the nomination. For all the attention Trump and Carson are receiving, when it comes time to make a serious decision, GOP voters will (hopefully) put their post-primary objective into consideration.

Some of them will. Enough of them probably will to make Trump seem unlikely, although he's lasted far longer than most candidates like this. I really think a lot of this is just a middle finger to the establishment, honestly...my dad supports Trump. Neither of my parents have ever voted that I can remember because they hate the system so much, but at least one of them supports Trump because he represents an opportunity to express discontent. It's basically a vote of no confidence in the two party system
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:39:10 AM
At 11/20/2015 3:30:13 AM, BlackFlags wrote:
At 11/20/2015 3:25:45 AM, thett3 wrote:

What things do you care about? What role do you even think the president should play?

I care about policies that benefit the US. I generally support Israel, I guess, but the extent to which Republican politicians especially bend over backwards for Israel sickens me. In one of the debates when asked about his vision for America Huckabee literally started talking about a strong Israel. Is that the kind of man who should be deciding Americas foreign policy?

Also I highly disagree that republicans are for free trade. They were against NAFTA, the series of free trade agreements passed by Clinton in the 90's, and they have come out strong against the TPPA agreement that is circulating now.

No, that isn't true. Republicans constituted the majority of the votes for NAFTA (https://www.govtrack.us...) and TPP was a weird alliance between Obama and the Republicans. To a large extent I see these kinds of deals as a betrayal of the American working class and I would trust the Democrats with the economy way more if they were the democrats of the 1990s.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:39:37 AM
At 11/20/2015 3:29:10 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/20/2015 3:27:29 AM, thett3 wrote:

I would love to be there to see it... I can't even imagine the fear they'd have... Just think about what Bill O would do...

Just thinking about it makes me grin ear to ear. It really does
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

BlackFlags
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:44:34 AM
At 11/20/2015 3:39:10 AM, thett3 wrote:
I care about policies that benefit the US. I generally support Israel, I guess, but the extent to which Republican politicians especially bend over backwards for Israel sickens me.
Ha, I agree. I was never one of those people who hated on Israel, but it was always a bit disgusting to see how if a politician was not continuously sucking Hebrew cock, he would be ostracized by other politicians.

In one of the debates when asked about his vision for America Huckabee literally started talking about a strong Israel. Is that the kind of man who should be deciding Americas foreign policy?
Well you know how it works. These things appeal to Americans. It isn't about how they would actually govern, but how they are planning on winning elections (by saying what people want to hear)

No, that isn't true. Republicans constituted the majority of the votes for NAFTA (https://www.govtrack.us...) and TPP was a weird alliance between Obama and the Republicans.
Fair enough. I just remember all the criticism stemming from conservatives and socialists.

To a large extent I see these kinds of deals as a betrayal of the American working class and I would trust the Democrats with the economy way more if they were the democrats of the 1990s.

But with that said, you probably support the fact that Republicans are more likely to support high tariffs?
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:52:33 AM
At 11/20/2015 3:44:34 AM, BlackFlags wrote:
At 11/20/2015 3:39:10 AM, thett3 wrote:
I care about policies that benefit the US. I generally support Israel, I guess, but the extent to which Republican politicians especially bend over backwards for Israel sickens me.
Ha, I agree. I was never one of those people who hated on Israel, but it was always a bit disgusting to see how if a politician was not continuously sucking Hebrew cock, he would be ostracized by other politicians.

In one of the debates when asked about his vision for America Huckabee literally started talking about a strong Israel. Is that the kind of man who should be deciding Americas foreign policy?
Well you know how it works. These things appeal to Americans. It isn't about how they would actually govern, but how they are planning on winning elections (by saying what people want to hear)

Well it's because the incredibly fundamentalist Christians have this religion fascination with Israel. When the state of Israel was reestablished, significant numbers of evangelicals basically thought that the end times were near, and that when all the nations stand against Israel it will trigger Revelations.

No, that isn't true. Republicans constituted the majority of the votes for NAFTA (https://www.govtrack.us...) and TPP was a weird alliance between Obama and the Republicans.
Fair enough. I just remember all the criticism stemming from conservatives and socialists.

To a large extent I see these kinds of deals as a betrayal of the American working class and I would trust the Democrats with the economy way more if they were the democrats of the 1990s.

But with that said, you probably support the fact that Republicans are more likely to support high tariffs?

You have this entire issue backwards, the Republican Party wants to lower tariffs (http://www.ontheissues.org...)

Maybe the liberalization of trade policy was necessary and good. Comparative advantage and all that. But I would gladly pay more for high quality, American made products than cheap Chinese crap. I will always buy American made if I can
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

BlackFlags
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:56:50 AM
At 11/20/2015 3:52:33 AM, thett3 wrote:
Maybe the liberalization of trade policy was necessary and good. Comparative advantage and all that. But I would gladly pay more for high quality, American made products than cheap Chinese crap. I will always buy American made if I can

Oh, okay, I see. You want people to buy American made, so therefore you want the state to force the price up on foreign products to influence the buying decisions of Americans?
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:58:43 AM
Every time I go home I make a point to take a look at all my fathers tools because there's always something cool to see. He's collected a ton through a lifelong fascination with mechanical things and inherited a ton from his father and one of our neighbors, so many of them are extremely old. The difference in quality between the old, American made ones and the new foreign made tools is totally obvious even to a relatively untrained eye like me. It's like comparing true craftsmanship, the closest one can get to mass produced works of art, with drop forged crap.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

BlackFlags
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 4:01:37 AM
At 11/20/2015 3:58:43 AM, thett3 wrote:
Every time I go home I make a point to take a look at all my fathers tools because there's always something cool to see. He's collected a ton through a lifelong fascination with mechanical things and inherited a ton from his father and one of our neighbors, so many of them are extremely old. The difference in quality between the old, American made ones and the new foreign made tools is totally obvious even to a relatively untrained eye like me. It's like comparing true craftsmanship, the closest one can get to mass produced works of art, with drop forged crap.

Sorry, was that in response to my question? Because it didn't really answer my question either. Also the reason for this is because it is only cost effective for Americans to make niche quality products, because they cannot compete with the mass produced and mass marketed products, since they are more cost effective.

This same principle applies for all countries. China exports lots of crap, but don't be fooled into thinking that there are not millions of master craftsman in China.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 4:04:12 AM
At 11/20/2015 3:56:50 AM, BlackFlags wrote:
At 11/20/2015 3:52:33 AM, thett3 wrote:

Oh, okay, I see. You want people to buy American made, so therefore you want the state to force the price up on foreign products to influence the buying decisions of Americans?

Even when you put it that way I really don't have that much of a problem with it.

Americans would probably say that they prefer things to be American made, and they do, but when confronted with a buying decision they usually go for the cheaper, foreign option because even though they want American manufacturing to still exist they know that their individual purchase won't make any difference. Except that tens of millions of people make this exact same decision, with the exact same rationale, every day. And so the jobs vanish. The government is the only entity with the coordination power to change this
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 4:05:12 AM
At 11/20/2015 4:01:37 AM, BlackFlags wrote:
At 11/20/2015 3:58:43 AM, thett3 wrote:

Sorry, was that in response to my question? Because it didn't really answer my question either. Also the reason for this is because it is only cost effective for Americans to make niche quality products, because they cannot compete with the mass produced and mass marketed products, since they are more cost effective.

Not really. I don't know if it was necessary for everything to change, but either way it just makes me sad.

This same principle applies for all countries. China exports lots of crap, but don't be fooled into thinking that there are not millions of master craftsman in China.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett