Feds Radiate Americans

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2010 7:41:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
From article:

"the federal government has acquired hundreds of backscatter x-ray scanners mounted in vans that they are now using to randomly scan vehicles, passengers and homes in complete violation of the 4th amendment and with wanton disregard for any health consequences.

Backscatter x-ray vision devices mounted on trucks are already being deployed inside the United States to scan passing individuals and vehicles in complete violation of the Fourth Amendment. Similar to naked airport body scanners, the devices fire x-rays outwards which are then absorbed by dense objects or the human body. Frequent exposure to low doses of radiation can cause cancer and birth defects, according to a report by the Inter-Agency Committee on Radiation Safety.

American Science & Engineering, a company based in Billerica, Massachusetts, has sold many of the devices to U.S. law enforcement agencies, who are already using them on the streets for "security" purposes."

-- http://www.prisonplanet.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2010 7:48:13 PM
Here's a video from Homeland Security trying to sell this Big Brother bs! They admit that the device can detect your mood to determine if you have malicious intent. WTF!
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2010 9:30:34 PM
At 9/29/2010 8:32:39 PM, Caramel wrote:
you can't have your freedom

STFU
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2010 9:34:32 PM
there should be prison time for knowingly violating someone's constitutional rights... and mandatory constitutional education for law enforcement.

then if enforcement violates someone's rights... they can still plead ignorance But ONLY by claiming they're too dense to understand the constitution... and TOO dense to do their job.

then they get fired.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2010 9:48:25 PM
At 9/29/2010 8:32:39 PM, Caramel wrote:
Freedom ain't free...

"All freedom is our natural and eternal right, NOT the gift of some dark suit or uniform to decide if it's going to give it to us or not!" - David Icke
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2010 9:54:09 PM
Frequent exposure to low doses of radiation
Um, that's all life all the time. Any report that wants to talk about the health effects of x should be specific in defining x.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2010 9:57:48 PM
and since we're talking about, like, vehicle scans, we should check if the risk of death is somewhere past the league of, say, one minute of riding in an automobile, assuming we do get any data on marginal risk of death from backscatter x rays.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2010 4:22:12 PM
At 9/30/2010 2:15:51 PM, Atheism wrote:
I wonder how the people would react if everyone knew about this.

What, knew about some paranoid conspiracy theory with no actual proof or basis? I'd assume that, like most Americans, they'd fall right for it.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2010 4:47:07 PM
At 9/30/2010 4:22:12 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 9/30/2010 2:15:51 PM, Atheism wrote:
I wonder how the people would react if everyone knew about this.

What, knew about some paranoid conspiracy theory with no actual proof or basis? I'd assume that, like most Americans, they'd fall right for it.

Are you muthafvckin blind! This is NOT a conspiracy theory, it's something that has already happened and was reported by mainstream news! http://www.wsbtv.com...

How is it a theory when it already happened and it is on camera! You're like the people who claim that the planes didn't really hit the Twin Towers. Yes, they did, it happened and it was caught on camera! It's not a theory.

There's even a video from Homeland Security and they are bragging about their new privacy invasion technology! Seriously, where the fvck is the theory!
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2010 5:03:21 PM
At 9/30/2010 4:47:07 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Are you muthafvckin blind! This is NOT a conspiracy theory, it's something that has already happened and was reported by mainstream news! http://www.wsbtv.com...

Seriously? You're equating a story about federal agents screening tractor trailers with radiation detection equipment and bomb-sniffing dogs driving down the highway and stopping at weighing stations - a practice that has been around for years - to federal agents driving around neighborhoods, x-raying everything in sight, and determining people's emotions and intents at the same time? Are you kidding me, dude?

Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2010 5:25:25 PM
At 9/30/2010 5:19:36 PM, Puck wrote:
Are you kidding me, dude?

It just shows peoples body language being studied while interviewed...

Did you see his post earlier about "the device" actually being able to detect your mood and intentions?
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2010 5:38:03 PM
At 9/30/2010 5:25:25 PM, Volkov wrote:

Did you see his post earlier about "the device" actually being able to detect your mood and intentions?
And, from body language, it can be inferred what a person's mood/intentions are.
Of course, the device may do something else that you/I have glossed over, and Geo will probably respond to your post in a matter of hours or so.
I miss the old members.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2010 5:42:36 PM
At 9/30/2010 5:25:25 PM, Volkov wrote:

Yar, that's what I was referencing to.