Jump to topic:

Am I the only Pro-Trump Libertarian?

uahshdyy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2015 5:09:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I like Donald Trump because he's the only mainstream candidate who has a chance of getting elected with views synonymous to my Libertarian view.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2015 5:58:20 PM
You're not a libertarian if his views are synonymous with yours. Libertarians are opposed to rounding up illegal Immigrants and shipping them out. even the ones who are anti-immigration. Most Libertarians prefer the current Obama-care to a single payer system, though that is not ideal either. Most libertarians are non interventionists, and Trump wants a hostile, and aggressive foreign policy. I think a Libertarian president would most likely, pardon Edward Snowden. Trump wants to see him prosecuted for treason.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2015 8:35:53 PM
Trump is a fairly authoritarian guy, so...
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
uahshdyy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 2:08:17 AM
At 11/23/2015 5:58:20 PM, Wylted wrote:
You're not a libertarian if his views are synonymous with yours. Libertarians are opposed to rounding up illegal Immigrants and shipping them out. even the ones who are anti-immigration. Most Libertarians prefer the current Obama-care to a single payer system, though that is not ideal either. Most libertarians are non interventionists, and Trump wants a hostile, and aggressive foreign policy. I think a Libertarian president would most likely, pardon Edward Snowden. Trump wants to see him prosecuted for treason.

(NOBODY WANTS OBAMACARE! NOBODY!)

One of the only things, if not the only thing I disagree with my fellow Libertarian brother on is Open Borders/No Borders, besides Open Borders/No Borders doesn't come with Libertarianism, it only comes with The Libertarian Party.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 2:42:07 AM
At 11/23/2015 5:09:36 AM, uahshdyy wrote:
I like Donald Trump because he's the only mainstream candidate who has a chance of getting elected with views synonymous to my Libertarian view.

Doesn't he want to register Muslims? Sounds like how Hitler "registered" the Jews before annihilating most of them. Not very Libertarian.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 3:43:02 AM
At 11/25/2015 2:42:07 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 11/23/2015 5:09:36 AM, uahshdyy wrote:

Doesn't he want to register Muslims? Sounds like how Hitler "registered" the Jews before annihilating most of them. Not very Libertarian.

The government has me on a list, why should Muslims get special treatment?