Jump to topic:

Requiring Non-lethal bullets

mc9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 1:19:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have an idea that since guns, no matter how you slice them can and will be exploited by people to kill no matter how much you use them in self-defense. A solution to this is banning lethal bullets in guns so that you could only use non-lethals such as rubber bullets. This would allows people to use guns in self defense as they could still hurt people but they couldn't kill them and it would stop kids from stealing their parents' guns and killing with them as well as people still being able to defend against people who obtained lethal rounds illegally. I feel the only exception to this rule is if you're a law enforcement officer and have underground extensive training and many background and mental health checks. What do you think.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 1:24:55 AM
How would you hunt deer with non lethal bullets? How would you kill invasive species in Alaska that are legitimate threats to your livestock?
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 1:58:52 AM
At 11/24/2015 1:42:24 AM, mc9 wrote:
Wait you could use a bow and arrow.

Non lethal weapons in a high stress situation has very little affect.
Scripture, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion, not science

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

All those who are pro-death (abortion) is already born
mc9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:01:20 AM
To be fair also wouldn't the needless deaths ended outweigh all the other negative effect such as lack of hunting, it could also be like Canada in which you can only have a gun (or in this case lethal bullets) for hunting.
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:07:23 AM
At 11/24/2015 1:59:45 AM, mc9 wrote:
Maccabee can you simplify what you're saying since I'm not quite following.

The human body when under duress have been known to survive multiple shots from lethal weapons. How much more with non lethal? Plus people don't tend to aim accurately when under stress too. Only allowing people to defend themselves by non lethal means is a bad mix. Not only that, do you think the criminals will only use their lethal rounds when hunting?

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:08:49 AM
At 11/24/2015 2:01:20 AM, mc9 wrote:
To be fair also wouldn't the needless deaths ended outweigh all the other negative effect such as lack of hunting, it could also be like Canada in which you can only have a gun (or in this case lethal bullets) for hunting.

Lack of proper defense outweighs any reason to mandate non lethal rounds.

mc9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:14:05 AM
It would hurt someone enough to be a proper defense. Also how is having kids able to kill with their parents guns able to outweigh this. People who get guns legitimately as well as bullets will need to rob gun stores to get them (and they should have great security).
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 4:12:55 AM
At 11/24/2015 1:19:18 AM, mc9 wrote:
I have an idea that since guns, no matter how you slice them can and will be exploited by people to kill no matter how much you use them in self-defense. A solution to this is banning lethal bullets in guns so that you could only use non-lethals such as rubber bullets. This would allows people to use guns in self defense as they could still hurt people but they couldn't kill them and it would stop kids from stealing their parents' guns and killing with them as well as people still being able to defend against people who obtained lethal rounds illegally. I feel the only exception to this rule is if you're a law enforcement officer and have underground extensive training and many background and mental health checks. What do you think.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...
When you have non-lethal weapons only, what are you going to do when this^ happens?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
mc9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 4:17:58 AM
Someone as delirious that guy could have been could have been easily subdued by hand.
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 4:18:19 AM
At 11/24/2015 2:14:05 AM, mc9 wrote:
It would hurt someone enough to be a proper defense. Also how is having kids able to kill with their parents guns able to outweigh this. People who get guns legitimately as well as bullets will need to rob gun stores to get them (and they should have great security).
Not likely if adrenaline is pumping through everybody's system. And accidents with guns only happens at about less than a thousand times per year if that compared to car accidents and pool drownings.

Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 4:20:06 AM
At 11/24/2015 4:17:58 AM, mc9 wrote:
Someone as delirious that guy could have been could have been easily subdued by hand.

I like to see you try.

mc9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 4:20:14 AM
okay we seem to disagree on this issue would you like to have a debate on this sometime.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:03:54 PM
At 11/24/2015 1:19:18 AM, mc9 wrote:

I think some Underarmor and a fencing mask makes any would be home intruder a Juggernaut vs a sling shot.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
mc9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 9:46:41 PM
Faustian they aren't slingshots, they're like the non-lethals police use for crowd control.
BlackFlags
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 11:35:56 PM
All attempts at producing a non-lethal bullet have lowered the effectiveness of the guns primary purpose considerably. I would love to see somebody win a gunfight using beanbags, and somehow avoid getting blown to pieces.
mc9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2015 3:44:58 AM
At 11/25/2015 11:35:56 PM, BlackFlags wrote:
All attempts at producing a non-lethal bullet have lowered the effectiveness of the guns primary purpose considerably. I would love to see somebody win a gunfight using beanbags, and somehow avoid getting blown to pieces.

Again rubber or rock salt bullets not bean bags.
BlackFlags
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2015 3:52:39 AM
At 11/26/2015 3:44:58 AM, mc9 wrote:
At 11/25/2015 11:35:56 PM, BlackFlags wrote:

Again rubber or rock salt bullets not bean bags.
Argument doesn't change