Bill - Preventing terrorists from buying guns

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 3:44:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
So... A bill has been kicking around

"legislation aimed at preventing terrorists from buying guns. Similar bills " including a post-9/11 measure backed by the Justice Department under Republican President George W. Bush " have been stymied for years, thanks in large part to opposition from gun-rights groups and congressional Republicans."

"According to a March analysis by the Government Accountability Office, people on the FBI's consolidated Terrorist Watchlist successfully passed the background check required to purchase firearms more than 90 percent of the time, with more than 2,043 approvals between 2004 and 2014. The office is an investigative branch of Congress."

It is news again, what do you think?

http://bigstory.ap.org...-
prevent-gun-sales-those-terror-list
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 3:51:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Before several of the more thick gun-supporters come along, I will give my two-cents. It will not pass. It will be blocked by the usual, and live will go along.

As I have tried to make clear, I have no desires to push for new gun laws in the current climate. Pushing the fearful gun supporters only makes them more hostile, more inclined to buy-up more and more guns. Gun laws, sane gun control, will only work when it is the gun supporters themselves that are calling for it. A change in attitude. Until then, its just more of the same.