Jump to topic:

Trump Leads the Polls

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 8:39:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Trump is at a new high--33.6% in the Huff Post Polling Aggregator. Trump's previous aggregate high was recorded on 7 September at 31.8%. As Trump climbs upward, Ben Carson plummets to his lowest percentage since 29 September. Cruz and Rubio are in a neck-and-neck race for third, and both are polling in the double digits nationally. For the first time in the race, Bush falls below 6% on the Aggregator.

[http://elections.huffingtonpost.com...]

Thoughts? Comments? Reactions?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 8:49:25 PM
My only thought is that our political system has fallen so low as to the point in which the only candidates the Republicans can come up with are Crony Capitalists, religious morons, and Trump; while the only candidates the Democrats can come up with is a habitual liar and an economically illiterate moron.

Personally, I would prefer Trump out of all of them. Not because I agree with him the most, in fact I prefer Rand Paul in terms of agreement, but because Trump has the highest chance of winning the popular vote. At this point, I do not care who gets elected, as long as it isn't one of the Democrats.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 8:53:11 PM
Trump triumph '16!!! He who cannot be stumped shows no quarter and takes no prisoners. Once he decides to ruin an enemies career, like he did with Yeb!, they're just done. A true alpha male and our next president...

The billionaires who bought Yeb! For 100 million must regret it
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 9:02:38 PM
At 11/25/2015 8:39:20 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Trump is at a new high--33.6% in the Huff Post Polling Aggregator. Trump's previous aggregate high was recorded on 7 September at 31.8%. As Trump climbs upward, Ben Carson plummets to his lowest percentage since 29 September. Cruz and Rubio are in a neck-and-neck race for third, and both are polling in the double digits nationally. For the first time in the race, Bush falls below 6% on the Aggregator.

Carson's crazy had to catch up with him. Now wait for Trump.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 9:44:50 PM
Even if Trump doesn't get elected Americans will never think of him the same way.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
XVIII
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 9:56:26 PM
At 11/25/2015 8:53:11 PM, thett3 wrote:
Trump triumph '16!!! He who cannot be stumped shows no quarter and takes no prisoners. Once he decides to ruin an enemies career, like he did with Yeb!, they're just done. A true alpha male and our next president...

You are forgetting that Trump has not targeted Rubio, Cruz, and cannot phase Carson. Rubio will 100% get the nomination regardless of polling.
mc9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 10:05:36 PM
I feel like the republican party is in a no-win situation here, If Trump wins they don't have a chance against all the democrats, Hispanics, immigrants and Muslims but they don't have a chance with the republicans if they don't.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 10:33:13 PM
At 11/25/2015 8:39:20 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Trump is our Lord and Savior from the inferior races.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 10:34:39 PM
What would be more damaging? A Cruz or Trump nomination?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 10:36:38 PM
At 11/25/2015 10:34:39 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Idk... Cruz, if he won the nomination and the general. But, I don't think either of them are particularly likely to win the general. However, I think Trump is more likely to be a viable challenger to Hillary than any other Republican in the field.
Tsar of DDO
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 10:39:11 PM
At 11/25/2015 10:36:38 PM, YYW wrote:

Idk... Cruz, if he won the nomination and the general. But, I don't think either of them are particularly likely to win the general. However, I think Trump is more likely to be a viable challenger to Hillary than any other Republican in the field.

I think Rubio does better in the general because he doesn't inspire people to vote against him as much.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 10:40:42 PM
At 11/25/2015 10:39:11 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

I think Rubio does better in the general because he doesn't inspire people to vote against him as much.

Rubio is not going to get the nomination.
Tsar of DDO
BlackFlags
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 10:44:57 PM
At 11/25/2015 8:49:25 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Why do you have an anarcho-capitalist background to your Gadsen flag?! Take that off!
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 10:46:31 PM
At 11/25/2015 10:40:42 PM, YYW wrote:

He is in the Republican field.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
BlackFlags
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 10:46:50 PM

He is actually establishment, even though some people say he isn't, and has had a large political following for years.
I believe he can get the nomination.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 10:51:55 PM
At 11/25/2015 10:46:50 PM, BlackFlags wrote:

He is actually establishment, even though some people say he isn't, and has had a large political following for years.
I believe he can get the nomination.

I agree that Rubio said s establishment, but he will not win.
Tsar of DDO
BlackFlags
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 10:53:33 PM
At 11/25/2015 10:51:55 PM, YYW wrote:

Why not though? From my perspective, he has the best chance of winning, given he is establishment and leading in the polls.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 10:54:06 PM
At 11/25/2015 10:46:31 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

He is in the Republican field.

Of course, but he will not beat Trump.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 10:55:20 PM
At 11/25/2015 10:53:33 PM, BlackFlags wrote:
At 11/25/2015 10:51:55 PM, YYW wrote:

Why not though? From my perspective, he has the best chance of winning, given he is establishment and leading in the polls.

There is no poll that has ever had Rubio leading. Moreover, the base hates the establishment. Rubio is too much of a politician to win.
Tsar of DDO
BlackFlags
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 10:55:27 PM
I would worry for the democratic candidate too. People thought Obama was a great speaker. I didn't think so, being rather "meh" about his speaking abilities. Rubio on the other hand is very good, and I think Republican party members know this. He can definitely outspeak all the Democratic nominees.
BlackFlags
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 10:58:53 PM
At 11/25/2015 10:55:20 PM, YYW wrote:
There is no poll that has ever had Rubio leading.
Among the establishment, yes, he has been leading for quite a while.

Moreover, the base hates the establishment.
A blessing, given Marco Rubio has consistently proven to be able to appeal to both base voters and estabishment voters. He even does better than Ted Cruz in picking up minority voters if I remember correctly.

Rubio is too much of a politician to win.
That has been working in his favor. Everytime the man speaks his poll ratings go up. He is hardly ever implicated in any media scandal or even tabloid scale reporting story.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 11:00:53 PM
At 11/25/2015 10:58:53 PM, BlackFlags wrote:

A blessing, given Marco Rubio has consistently proven to be able to appeal to both base voters and estabishment voters. He even does better than Ted Cruz in picking up minority voters if I remember correctly.

That has been working in his favor. Everytime the man speaks his poll ratings go up. He is hardly ever implicated in any media scandal or even tabloid scale reporting story.

Do you think there are no skeletons in Rubio's closet?
Tsar of DDO
BlackFlags
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 11:22:46 PM
At 11/25/2015 11:00:53 PM, YYW wrote:

That could be the case, I have no way of knowing that. It is harder to use something against you that you are open about though. There are people who don't try and hide anything, truthfully.

There have been a lot of people who would of paid good money to see Marco Rubio in a major scandal. That might speak for for how he conducts himself.

I also have seen him speaking. The etch in his voice and the projection of anger when he speaks on certain issues is really hard to fake or imitate, and shows that he really believes in what he stands for. People are attracted to this characteristic in Trump due to his honesty, and they pick up on it when they hear Rubio speaking as well.

When he is talking about immigration, I often hear that snake tongue like we might be getting some political BS, which is the only exception I can think of.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 11:36:29 PM
At 11/25/2015 9:56:26 PM, XVIII wrote:
At 11/25/2015 8:53:11 PM, thett3 wrote:

You are forgetting that Trump has not targeted Rubio, Cruz, and cannot phase Carson. Rubio will 100% get the nomination regardless of polling.

Carson is declining rapidly--check out the huffpost polling aggregate in the OP. Carson had his moment. Trump really only went hard after Bush and destroyed his career in less than a week. We'll see what he does with Rubio who, after Trump, is by far the most likely to win. In my mind it's basically Trump of Rubio with a slight chance of a Cruz victory as he's been running an incredibly sneaky and smart campaign.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 11:55:54 PM
My only thought is that our political system has fallen so low as to the point in which the only candidates the Republicans can come up with are Crony Capitalists, religious morons, and Trump; while the only candidates the Democrats can come up with is a habitual liar and an economically illiterate moron.

Personally, I would prefer Trump out of all of them. Not because I agree with him the most, in fact I prefer Rand Paul in terms of agreement, but because Trump has the highest chance of winning the popular vote. At this point, I do not care who gets elected, as long as it isn't one of the Democrats.

It's fine if you want a republican candidate to win,...but what I can't wrap my head around is how anyone with at least a college education could prefer Donald Trump over any other candidate.

Accusing Obama of being born in a different country, proposing to deport 11 million undocumented immigrants, 'talking tough' to Putin, being open to a Muslim database, claiming that thousands of muslims in NJ cheered after 9/11.... come on now. The man is dangerously unprincipled, and he wouldn't last a moment in the company of serious international politicians and heads of states.

If he, by some fluke, actually wins the nomination, and the popular vote in the general election,...I wouldn't be surprised if several electors defected and cast their votes for the democratic candidate against the will of their respective states.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2015 12:06:50 AM
At 11/25/2015 11:55:54 PM, 000ike wrote:

It's fine if you want a republican candidate to win,...but what I can't wrap my head around is how anyone with at least a college education could prefer Donald Trump over any other candidate.

Haha, that his appeal is so incomprehensible to people like you is why I find him so hilarious

Accusing Obama of being born in a different country, proposing to deport 11 million undocumented immigrants, 'talking tough' to Putin, being open to a Muslim database, claiming that thousands of muslims in NJ cheered after 9/11.... come on now. The man is dangerously unprincipled, and he wouldn't last a moment in the company of serious international politicians and heads of states.

If he, by some fluke, actually wins the nomination, and the popular vote in the general election,...I wouldn't be surprised if several electors defected and cast their votes for the democratic candidate against the will of their respective states.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

XVIII
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2015 1:25:33 AM

Idk if I said this but Vegas odds have had Rubio at 40% getting the nomination with Trump at about 18-20%. The GOP WILL NOT have Trump as their candidate they know it is a disaster and some even want Romney back it is that bad.
XVIII
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2015 1:27:30 AM
At 11/25/2015 11:00:53 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/25/2015 10:58:53 PM, BlackFlags wrote:

You are ridiculous to think no one has skeletons in their closet in the race.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2015 2:01:47 AM
The party picks the president. It has always been true, and always will be true. Jeb Bush will win the nomination. I'm going with History on this one.