Jump to topic:

American Imperialism source of every problem

smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2015 1:26:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Is American Imperialism the source of every problem?

Every single war on Earth right now was pretty much caused by the US (not only them, but mainly) going to third world countries and stealing their natural resources (mainly oil) before telling them to get a better political system. I insist on the word "tell", as they pretty much leave a memo saying "replace so-called evil dictator who was our ally five minutes ago please". Then inevitably another dictator rises, and they pretend to wage war with them (I insist on the word pretend. The US have about 1000 troops in Syria right now (who don't really fight AFAICS) and about twelve bomber planes. Russia has been contributing usefully, but seem to be stalling the war in Syria to be able to sneak troops out of Ukraine.

It's also US' fault that the awful organisation NATO betrayed Gorbachev, causing the second Cold War. In a very Hitlerian move, NATO (Hitler) promised Gorbachev (Stalin) not to let Poland into NATO (invade Poland). Less than a decade later, they let Poland join NATO.

Ironically, when sh-t actually hit the fan in WW1 and WW2, they claimed they weren't allowed to interfere in other countries. Quite cowardly, given ten years before 1914 and 10 years after 1945 they started invading and "helping" other countries. Non-interventionism my arse.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2015 1:48:01 PM
At 11/26/2015 1:26:28 PM, smelisox wrote:

Every single war on Earth right now was pretty much caused by the US (not only them, but mainly) going to third world countries and stealing their natural resources (mainly oil) before telling them to get a better political system.

So the U.S. paying (currently) ~ $77 a barrel for oil that costs ~$8 a barrel to produce is the U.S. stealing from the middle east? Really?

I insist on the word "tell", as they pretty much leave a memo saying "replace so-called evil dictator who was our ally five minutes ago please". Then inevitably another dictator rises, and they pretend to wage war with them (I insist on the word pretend. The US have about 1000 troops in Syria right now (who don't really fight AFAICS) and about twelve bomber planes. Russia has been contributing usefully, but seem to be stalling the war in Syria to be able to sneak troops out of Ukraine.

So a region of the world allowing themselves to be ruled by "evil dictators" is.....America's fault?

It's also US' fault that the awful organisation NATO betrayed Gorbachev, causing the second Cold War. In a very Hitlerian move, NATO (Hitler) promised Gorbachev (Stalin) not to let Poland into NATO (invade Poland). Less than a decade later, they let Poland join NATO.

So America makes all the decisions for NATO? When did that start?

Ironically, when sh-t actually hit the fan in WW1 and WW2, they claimed they weren't allowed to interfere in other countries. Quite cowardly, given ten years before 1914 and 10 years after 1945 they started invading and "helping" other countries. Non-interventionism my arse.

Study American economics at that period, then study the state of the American military, then follow up by studying the cause of WWI...and WWII of course.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2015 1:57:39 PM
At 11/26/2015 1:52:49 PM, smelisox wrote:
I have nothing to say to you, Ameripig.

*YAWN*...How about some originality?
smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2015 1:59:00 PM
How about admitting your country is pretty much sh-t and is destroying the Human Race and Earth?
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2015 2:47:37 PM
At 11/26/2015 1:59:00 PM, smelisox wrote:
How about admitting your country is pretty much sh-t and is destroying the Human Race and Earth?

Why so angry at America? Did your Visa application get rejected or something?
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2015 2:51:03 PM

Every single war on Earth right now was pretty much caused by the US (not only them, but mainly) going to third world countries and stealing their natural resources (mainly oil) before telling them to get a better political system. I insist on the word "tell", as they pretty much leave a memo saying "replace so-called evil dictator who was our ally five minutes ago please". Then inevitably another dictator rises, and they pretend to wage war with them (I insist on the word pretend. The US have about 1000 troops in Syria right now (who don't really fight AFAICS) and about twelve bomber planes. Russia has been contributing usefully, but seem to be stalling the war in Syria to be able to sneak troops out of Ukraine.

According to all academic studies Yes. But then there is reality to contend with.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2015 2:57:05 PM
At 11/26/2015 2:47:37 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:

No, on the paper where they ask if you're a criminal or a Nazi, I misread and said yes :(
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2015 3:00:00 PM
At 11/26/2015 2:57:05 PM, smelisox wrote:

No, on the paper where they ask if you're a criminal or a Nazi, I misread and said yes :(

HA HA thats actually funny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 1:18:58 AM

You should take some history lessons. You are ignoring many of the causes to the worlds conflicts and focusing entirely on the US out of a sense of recency. Many of these problems predate US involvement.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 1:35:58 AM
5 cents my socks are smellier then yours.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 2:16:14 AM
At 11/27/2015 1:35:58 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
5 cents my socks are smellier then yours.

Do you accept Canadian nickel?
"Change your sig."
~YYW
stargate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 1:54:10 PM

1. That first statement is simply not true. If you want to blame someone blame brition,France,Spaine, and every other European nation the set up colonies. You know why because one the reason we have so many wars us becuase the way to left these nations. In Sudan they didn't look at the ethnic borders, so they madrone big nation. And that turned out so well. The Vietnam war happened due to France asking for the USA and due to some stuff we singed we moved in to back France up. Every nation that was a colony usally fell into civil war, and still have problems becuase of it. Becuase of these nations not pulling out slowly the people soon started getting a ton of terriable leaders, and there former colonies where in states of disarray. It just didn't work. Two NATO did not form until after ww2, so check your facts before posting them. Three NATO is a American lead alliance plus it for,Ed years after hitlers death. So far all I have read is lies. Three in ww1 the people where unwilling to fight we did not have a strong army at the time, plus the president was weak back then. In ww2 we where in a state of econmic depression. Oh and both wars we helped the allies by sending weapons and supplies.

So check your facts, and you look like a idiot right now.
stargate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 1:56:43 PM

So you hate America and us, who cares join the group of peopleon this site that hate us for no good reason. Is that why millions want to live here? How are we destroying the human race please info me oh great one. Sense I live in a sh.t nation you must be smarter then me so please tell me and it needs to be one h.ll of a reason.
stargate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 1:58:04 PM
At 11/26/2015 2:57:05 PM, smelisox wrote:

Funny sense we where one of the major reason why the nazis fell. Oh and unlike Europe nazis in not in the rise.
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 3:16:59 PM

This is coming from a useless Foreigner who's country probably depends on the U.S for basically everything.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 4:17:52 AM

Without them you would be German. Show at least some respect for some of the good they've done as well. They certainly turned Japan into a decent country. Japan's army was similar to isis and Japan was a dictatorship. They are now a great democracy. I live above the U.S. and I always said if you have to live next to a super power, they are the preferred one. Maybe your just jealous because the sun has long set on Britain.
Daffypuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 3:22:44 PM
Why does everyone want to migrate to the US? Why do more inventions come from the US? When a natural disaster occurs, why does the US provide more help than any other nation?
No doubt, the US has made some mistakes, but their body of work far outweighs their mistakes.