Jump to topic:

Was Turkey wrong to shoot down Russian plane

beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 10:40:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Personally I think it was a mistake on Turkey's behalf to shoot down a Russian plane that it alleges entered its airspace for 17 seconds. Yes obviously it shouldent have been there and incursions have allegedly been made in the past and Russia is threatening the Turkmen rebels in Syria Turkey supports but are the economic and travel restrictions Russia plans to impose worth it? Ultimately both countries have complete opposite views about Syria's future so conflict of some kind was always likely. Yes Turkey has shown it is not to be messed with militarily and president Erdogan has probably increased his popularity in the short term but I think this decision will only provoke Russia to go further in its attempts to destroy Turkey's Syrian allies and permanently damage political and economic relations between Russia and Turkey. The amount of Russian holiday makers heading to Turkey will almost certainly reduce considerably as well.
Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 4:09:03 PM
At 11/27/2015 10:40:05 PM, beng100 wrote:
Personally I think it was a mistake on Turkey's behalf to shoot down a Russian plane that it alleges entered its airspace for 17 seconds. Yes obviously it shouldent have been there and incursions have allegedly been made in the past and Russia is threatening the Turkmen rebels in Syria Turkey supports but are the economic and travel restrictions Russia plans to impose worth it? Ultimately both countries have complete opposite views about Syria's future so conflict of some kind was always likely. Yes Turkey has shown it is not to be messed with militarily and president Erdogan has probably increased his popularity in the short term but I think this decision will only provoke Russia to go further in its attempts to destroy Turkey's Syrian allies and permanently damage political and economic relations between Russia and Turkey. The amount of Russian holiday makers heading to Turkey will almost certainly reduce considerably as well.

Ask the pilot.

Harry.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 4:20:46 PM
To me it is like as if you sat there and watched a huge ninja beat people up without ever doing anything. You finally see him at the edge of your yard. You think"hey he's in my yard!" But he turns like he's heading out of your yard in peace, so obviously you hurl a rock at him at this point to see if he'll knock your door down, kill you and throw you in the river. But of course the ancient indoctrination of much of the Middle East has left its people in the dark and ignorant. Muhammed did these peopleno favors by making up Islam. He handed them 1,400 years of being behind and enslaved to a BS ideology that is toxic, destructive and self defeating. And look, they are way, way behind even today, right now. While everyone else has reached the year 2015, they are stuck in 700 AD.
beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 7:00:31 PM
At 12/4/2015 4:22:25 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
And the scary part is these "caveman minded" people now have guns, bombs and missles.

I agree middle eastern culture is different to western culture. It's fair to say it is considerably less advanced socially, politically and economically. Personally I think the key reason for development happening at a faster face in Europe was the more favourable land and climate for farming, creating a better economic environment to allow for industrial, technological and social advancement that led to the discovery of the Americas and world colonization.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 9:58:44 PM
At 11/27/2015 10:40:05 PM, beng100 wrote:

Turkeys don't shoot they fly.