Jump to topic:

Cruz as Trumps VP

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 7:33:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
With The Donald all but certain to get the GOP nod, who do you think will be his VP? The smart money is on Cruz.

Cruz has been running an incredibly sneaky and intelligent race. Cruz began as the first Republican to enter the race, after barely two years in the senate (where he spent most of his time angering his colleagues and preparing to run for president). Cruz was running a fiery campaign to appeal to the base because, as hands down the most intelligent person running for President today and also a shockingly ambitious and ruthless person, he understood that Clinton most likely had this election in the bag. Cruz was never running to be the Republican nominee in 2016. He was running to be the Republican nominee in 2020. Cruz had a master plan.

Step one: Establish a base of support among party stalwarts. Step two: Do everything to ensure that the nomination goes to some milquetoast weakling like Jeb Bush who will almost certainly go down in defeat to Hillary by not dropping out and splitting the evangelical/anti establishment vote. Step three: After the Republican loss in 2016, reposition as a more reasonable and more presidential candidate while still dog whistling to the base. The pubic is notoriously fickle and forgettable--if Cruz were to behave less obnoxiously during the remainder of his senate term all would be forgotten. Most of it already has been. Step four: Secure the Republican nomination for 2020. After 3 straight democratic terms, even a challenger like Cruz has a good chance of victory.

But Cruz's master plan had a wrench thrown it in the form of a billionaire alpha male lumbering onto the stage and proved once and for all for fed up the base really is.

Once the Trump phenomenon began, Cruz immediately positioned himself to inherit the support of Trump when he collapsed. Cruz realized instantaneously what the nature of the Trump phenomenon was and how attacking Trump would not aid him with those voters. The only error it Cruz's calculation was that Trump never collapsed. So he recalculated and has essentially been acting as Trumps de-facto VP this entire time...there are a lot of whispers going around about a backroom deal between the Trump and Cruz campaigns and there's a lot of evidence to support that idea. Cruz, despite his rhetorical skill and political experience, acts as a wingman to Trump despite directly competing with him for the anti establishment vote and Trump, the man whose entire persona revolves around insulting his rivals in the most juvenile of ways, has only nice things to say about Cruz. Why, after all, would Trump want to damage his second in command? Trump even went so far as to accidentally let the deal slip out when he spoke of Cruz as a potential VP pick.

Cruz has ambition and intelligence that is absolutely unrivaled in politics. He's a master strategist. Like Trump, his entire persona is an act and one highly calculated to get him the most beneficial attention. With Trumps ability to negotiate and manipulate the media and Cruz's intelligence to utilize this resource to its greatest capacity a Trump/Cruz ticket just might win.

And the thought that truly scares me, underneath all the "can't stump the trump!!!" LARPing, is that with two highly intelligent men who are master manipulators in positions of powers we have no idea what we are getting. Who is the real Trump beneath the mask? Who is the real Cruz? I don't think we will ever know.

And if President Trump were to die mysteriously before his reelection campaign...well...the man is old, after all.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 7:44:43 AM
And I really think Trump has at least 50-50 odds of getting the GOP nod at this point. The point that everyone is missing is that most Trump supporters already have their mind made up to vote for Trump despite the incessant string of controversies and media hit jobs. Pundits point out that people don't typically start paying attention this early in an election season...this is true in general but false for Trump. With the non<x>stop media coverage of Trump (all calculated from the beginning) they have been forced to pay attention, at least with him. Trump still has some room for growth, particularly as Carson finally flames out for good and a plurality of 40% is more than enough to destroy the GOP primary.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 7:52:19 AM
Cruz wants to position himself as the next Reagan, but in reality he's much closer to the next Nixon. Different strategy, but different times. He's every bit as slippery as Tricky Dick.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 8:51:51 AM
At 11/28/2015 7:33:03 AM, thett3 wrote:

And if President Trump were to die mysteriously before his reelection campaign...well...the man is old, after all.

The next POTUS and VP......

http://www.google.com.au...
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 4:53:15 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Bumping this. After that debate performance from both sides I think there's a significant chance that Cruz is, behind closed doors, Trumps VP nominee.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 2:49:53 AM
At 12/17/2015 1:48:30 AM, AdamEsk wrote:
Cruz, in my opinion, is the more intelligent version of Trump.

Thats not setting the bar very high to begin with unfortunately :P
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 3:18:11 AM
If it was Trump/ Cruz, may God help us all.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan