Jump to topic:

How to beat trump

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 7:01:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I think the GOP is on a verge of making a huge decision. Most GOP candidates actually hate trump, and from the reports a great majority of people don't want him to win. There have been negative add campaigns, assault from the media, and many more tactics that are trying to damage his image. No matter what happens, he has maintained his status as the leader of the primary race.

It is virtually impossible for him to lose, partially due to the ego of the other candidates. There is a way the other GOP candidates stand a chance in this election, but it won't happen due to their egos. Nearly 64% of people do not support trump, but that number will never show due to the field being so split. That 64% is divided between the other candidates. If you reduce the number of participants on the field, the numbers will shift to people that are not trump. Meaning with 3 contenders or in a heads up, there is a huge chance trump will lose. The 30-40% that support him has been non changing, and will stay that way.

No one intends to drop out though, and if trump wins it could very will signal the downfall of the GOP or actually start a huge reformation of the fundamental principles of the party.

The best chance for the GOP to win this election is put trump in a heads up with Carson or Rubio, which requires everyone else to drop out. If this does not happen, Trump likely has the nomination sealed.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 8:43:39 PM
At 11/30/2015 7:14:13 PM, TheFlex wrote:
Could I get your opinion on Cruz?

I hate him, he's the embodiment f everything that is wrong with the GOP
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 9:05:16 PM
At 11/30/2015 7:01:59 PM, Mikal wrote:
I think the GOP is on a verge of making a huge decision. Most GOP candidates actually hate trump, and from the reports a great majority of people don't want him to win. There have been negative add campaigns, assault from the media, and many more tactics that are trying to damage his image. No matter what happens, he has maintained his status as the leader of the primary race.

It is virtually impossible for him to lose, partially due to the ego of the other candidates. There is a way the other GOP candidates stand a chance in this election, but it won't happen due to their egos. Nearly 64% of people do not support trump, but that number will never show due to the field being so split. That 64% is divided between the other candidates. If you reduce the number of participants on the field, the numbers will shift to people that are not trump. Meaning with 3 contenders or in a heads up, there is a huge chance trump will lose. The 30-40% that support him has been non changing, and will stay that way.

No one intends to drop out though, and if trump wins it could very will signal the downfall of the GOP or actually start a huge reformation of the fundamental principles of the party.

Not necessarily. Most likely it'll just mean that the GOP loses the presidential race in 2016.

The best chance for the GOP to win this election is put trump in a heads up with Carson or Rubio, which requires everyone else to drop out. If this does not happen, Trump likely has the nomination sealed.

Rubio probably is the best candidate for the GOP. Bush would probably make a decent president but almost nobody likes him. Carson doesn't know squat about squat. Rubio is both fairly knowledgeable and fairly popular. Plus, his nomination may finally be what it takes to make the Dems stop b!+(#!ng about GOP racism, seeing as how he's Hispanic. Perhaps he'll even break the Dem's hold on the Hispanic voting bloc. He has what it takes to both win and become a decent president.
But like you said, those other candidates need to be dropped. It's unlikely that the field will become considerably less crowded by the time the nomination happens. Maybe somebody like Chris Christie, John Kasich, and/or Rand Paul would drop out, but there'd still be 4 or 5 major GOP contenders.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 10:29:07 PM
Trump is probably going to get the GOP nomination.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 12:09:37 AM
At 11/30/2015 8:43:39 PM, Mikal wrote:

I always had the impression that Rubio & Cruz would be able to handle Trump the best. I don't see Carson being as big a threat but that might be throwing me off just because of his personality.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 1:33:00 AM
At 12/1/2015 12:09:37 AM, TheFlex wrote:
At 11/30/2015 8:43:39 PM, Mikal wrote:

I always had the impression that Rubio & Cruz would be able to handle Trump the best. I don't see Carson being as big a threat but that might be throwing me off just because of his personality.

Rubio def has the best shot, just because of his ethnicity and speaking ability.Cruz is over conservative and will kill the ballet