Total Posts:253|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

\Why are you not an anarchist??

UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,684
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 1:02:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
When given the choice between chaos and stability, people will almost always choose stability, even if a few freedoms have to be lost in the process.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
BlackFlags
Posts: 904
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 1:16:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/4/2015 1:02:07 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
When given the choice between chaos and stability, people will almost always choose stability, even if a few freedoms have to be lost in the process.

Anarchism IS the most stable system. A divided house cannot stand, but if you remove the house from the equation, you have nothing you need to hold up to begin with.
BlackFlags
Posts: 904
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 1:17:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
In other words, when you do not care about nations, there is no need to care for their demise. It is lifting a burden off the shoulders of the people, amongst other things
stealspell
Posts: 980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 1:30:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/4/2015 1:02:07 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
When given the choice between chaos and stability, people will almost always choose stability, even if a few freedoms have to be lost in the process.

Well put. Anarchism = Chaos to the nth degree.
BlackFlags
Posts: 904
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 1:33:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/4/2015 1:30:44 AM, stealspell wrote:
Well put. Anarchism = Chaos to the nth degree.
Many people are strong enough to find peace without the protection of the state. If the state did any actual protecting to begin with.
stealspell
Posts: 980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 1:38:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/4/2015 1:33:43 AM, BlackFlags wrote:
At 12/4/2015 1:30:44 AM, stealspell wrote:
Well put. Anarchism = Chaos to the nth degree.
Many people are strong enough to find peace without the protection of the state. If the state did any actual protecting to begin with.

If by "many" you mean the a slim minority, I see your point.
BlackFlags
Posts: 904
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 1:41:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/4/2015 1:38:15 AM, stealspell wrote:
If by "many" you mean the a slim minority, I see your point.
I do actually think this number of people is slim. The number diminishes every day. More strong people are only to be gained in a world that demands their existence.
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 1:50:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/4/2015 1:16:17 AM, BlackFlags wrote:
At 12/4/2015 1:02:07 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
When given the choice between chaos and stability, people will almost always choose stability, even if a few freedoms have to be lost in the process.

Anarchism IS the most stable system.

Saving that for later
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
BlackFlags
Posts: 904
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 1:53:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/4/2015 1:50:46 AM, imabench wrote:
At 12/4/2015 1:16:17 AM, BlackFlags wrote:
At 12/4/2015 1:02:07 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
When given the choice between chaos and stability, people will almost always choose stability, even if a few freedoms have to be lost in the process.

Anarchism IS the most stable system.

Saving that for later

I often find it funny how ignorant people think smart ideas are ignorant.
Hundreds of years from now when people find statism to be just as bad as slavery, your comments will seem like a paradox.
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 1:57:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/4/2015 1:53:37 AM, BlackFlags wrote:
At 12/4/2015 1:50:46 AM, imabench wrote:
At 12/4/2015 1:16:17 AM, BlackFlags wrote:
At 12/4/2015 1:02:07 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
When given the choice between chaos and stability, people will almost always choose stability, even if a few freedoms have to be lost in the process.

Anarchism IS the most stable system.

Saving that for later

when people find statism to be just as bad as slavery

Saving that one for later as well
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
thett3
Posts: 14,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 1:58:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Because I'm an adult
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
BlackFlags
Posts: 904
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 1:59:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/4/2015 1:58:15 AM, thett3 wrote:
Because I'm an adult

That just means you have became too pressured and complacent to believe in what is true.
BlackFlags
Posts: 904
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 2:00:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/4/2015 1:57:35 AM, imabench wrote:
Saving that one for later as well

You deflect by perpetuating an elitist attitude. I wonder how long you can maintain your vein self righteous image that way.
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 2:02:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/4/2015 2:00:22 AM, BlackFlags wrote:
At 12/4/2015 1:57:35 AM, imabench wrote:
Saving that one for later as well

You deflect

Im not deflecting, im just choosing to let you live in your puddle of stupidity.... It seems that everyone else in this thread is making fun of you already, which means I dont have to ;)
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
BlackFlags
Posts: 904
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 2:04:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/4/2015 2:02:37 AM, imabench wrote:
Im not deflecting, im just choosing to let you live in your puddle of stupidity....
As am I letting you choose to live in your blissful ignorance.

It seems that everyone else in this thread is making fun of you already, which means I dont have to ;)

You might not accept your ability to live a life without being dependent on the good will of others, but that doesn't mean I have to do the same.
BlackFlags
Posts: 904
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 2:09:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
You might reject anarchism in order to appear as an adult, but in the eyes of future generations, you will look nothing less than a child.

It takes courage to speak up a fringe ideology like this. No one can argue against anarchism effectively. We all know in their hearts that it is truly natural, and that the states we have created are in every way unnatural to our mother earth and the god or gods that created it.

Stop pretending that it can never work. That attitude of complacency will also get us know where. In holding it we forfeit all right to anything good in life.

If you are too concerned about your image and how others will percieve you to come out as an anarchist, then you are truly apart of the cowardly group which must be purged in order for true men to live full lives.
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 2:12:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/4/2015 2:04:56 AM, BlackFlags wrote:
At 12/4/2015 2:02:37 AM, imabench wrote:
Im not deflecting, im just choosing to let you live in your puddle of stupidity....

As am I letting you choose to live in your blissful ignorance.

I always find it funny how incapable stupid people are at detecting their own stupidity. You remind me so much of ScottyDouglas and Bornofgod...

Did I say funny? I meant quite pathetic.

It seems that everyone else in this thread is making fun of you already, which means I dont have to ;)

You might not accept your ability to live a life without being dependent on the good will of others, but that doesn't mean I have to do the same.

^ Its funny because the only reason youre even here on this site is because he is allowed here due to the good will of the mods, and because mom is paying for your internet access XD
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
BlackFlags
Posts: 904
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 2:12:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
All in all, I think statists are cowards with no right to the gift of life they have been granted. Their self righteousness and desire for safety is nothing short of disgusting. Their lack of faith in themselves is pitiful as well.
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 2:14:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/4/2015 2:09:33 AM, BlackFlags wrote:
You might reject anarchism in order to appear as an adult,

We dont reject anarchy to look like adults, we reject anarchy because its a retarded philosophy.

No one can argue against anarchism effectively.

Except anyone with more than 7 brain cells.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
BlackFlags
Posts: 904
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 2:15:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/4/2015 2:12:10 AM, imabench wrote:
I always find it funny how incapable stupid people are at detecting their own stupidity. You remind me so much of ScottyDouglas and Bornofgod...

Did I say funny? I meant quite pathetic.
Yet I am the one arguing and you are the one deflecting.

You deflect not because you truly think what I am saying is stupid, but because your own cognitive dissonance is preventing you from all forms of enlightenment. That is why you must fade away.

^ Its funny because the only reason youre even here on this site is because he is allowed here due to the good will of the mods'
Yet I did not ask the mods to give me this platform. It was made available to me in exchange for my services. They benefit from the money I make for the site, just as I benefit from having a platform to speak on. Such cooperation is not based on good will, but mutual benefit, is it not?
BlackFlags
Posts: 904
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 2:17:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/4/2015 2:14:25 AM, imabench wrote:
We dont reject anarchy to look like adults, we reject anarchy because its a retarded philosophy.
Despite your egoistic and elistist attitude that you have in favor of statism, I have yet to see a single argument in your posts. I trust in the intuitiveness of my peers to see the real retardation in this conversation

Except anyone with more than 7 brain cells.
Don't you mean an unempowered, self righteous, and socially dependent statist? That definition would be better suited.
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 2:17:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/4/2015 2:15:10 AM, BlackFlags wrote:
At 12/4/2015 2:12:10 AM, imabench wrote:
I always find it funny how incapable stupid people are at detecting their own stupidity. You remind me so much of ScottyDouglas and Bornofgod...

Did I say funny? I meant quite pathetic.

Yet I am the one arguing and you are the one deflecting.

Ranting and treating your own opinion as fact isn't arguing, its just being an idiot, which you are very skilled at.

You deflect

Thats kinda what I meant by treating your own opinion as fact...

not because you truly think what I am saying is stupid

No it really is that.

They benefit from the money I make for the site

XD
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 2:20:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/4/2015 2:17:29 AM, BlackFlags wrote:

I trust in the intuitiveness of my peers to see the real retardation in this conversation

'Anarchism is the most stable'
'Statism is worse than slavery'
'statists are cowards with no right to the gift of life they have been granted'

Youre far and away saying the dumbest things in the thread my friend. I dont even have to make arguments since youre torpedoing your own position just by being nuts.

Keep it up though, more is always better.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
BlackFlags
Posts: 904
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 2:20:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/4/2015 2:17:37 AM, imabench wrote:
Ranting and treating your own opinion as fact isn't arguing, its just being an idiot, which you are very skilled at.
The art of persuasive speaking has yet to dawn on you I see. Keep dreaming.

XD
Oh, so you believe Juggle is living off the good will and generous donations of its membership, huh? As I said, this is a mutual relationship, and that is the foundation of social interaction, and the natural order of man.
BlackFlags
Posts: 904
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 2:23:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/4/2015 2:20:17 AM, imabench wrote:
Youre far and away saying the dumbest things in the thread my friend. I dont even have to make arguments since youre torpedoing your own position just by being nuts.
I do believe you need to make arguments, since a lot of people in this world do not believe anarchism is crazy, and agree with the arguments I have made.

You wont gain any dislikes from all the brainwashed puppets who have been trained to agree with you though, if that is the point you are trying to make.

Keep it up though, more is always better.
Radical opinions always sound crazy until the population becomes more educated and serious about their discussion, which doesn't negate their amount of truth when they are still in the stages of being classified as radical.
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 2:24:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/4/2015 2:20:38 AM, BlackFlags wrote:
At 12/4/2015 2:17:37 AM, imabench wrote:
Ranting and treating your own opinion as fact isn't arguing, its just being an idiot, which you are very skilled at.

The art of persuasive speaking

Take a look at the responses to any of your posts and you'll likely see that youve never persuaded anyone on anything...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
BlackFlags
Posts: 904
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 2:26:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The only difference between libertarianism and anarchism is the institution of an organized force called the military and criminal justice system. I will digress a little, anarchism isn't actually as radical as people seem to think.

Ultimate liberty is not a fantasy. We do not have to become complacent to the status quo of control. Tear down the roof and let the gusts of freedom blow in your face. We never needed help to survive independently, and we never will if we start rejecting control and sycophancy.
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 2:28:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/4/2015 2:23:07 AM, BlackFlags wrote:

I do believe you need to make arguments

When the person advocating for a position is making a lunatic out of himself, then my job is already being done for me. So thank you ;)

a lot of people in this world do not believe anarchism is crazy, and agree with the arguments I have made.

Yet an over-whelming, gigantic, tremendous majority of people would not agree with you, and rightfully so.

Radical opinions always sound crazy until the population becomes more educated and serious about their discussion.

Unless the radical opinion turns out to be stupid all along. Like anarchism
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
BlackFlags
Posts: 904
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 2:29:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/4/2015 2:24:05 AM, imabench wrote:
Take a look at the responses to any of your posts and you'll likely see that youve never persuaded anyone on anything...

It takes an army to overcome the cognitive dissonance of stubborn fools. Rome wasn't built in a day, just as enlightement wont happen over night.

With that said, perhaps you could give this speaker a little more respect in trying to make his views apparent? Or not...

Attacking people's opinions in the manner you are doing comes trademark with the democratic statism you value so dearly, so I am really not expecting you to change. Your ego wont let you right now.