Jump to topic:

Did the US know of Turkey, ISIS Oil market

ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 9:41:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Did the US know of the black market oil being sold from ISIS to Turkey?
Is this the reason that ISIS stopped at the Turkey border?
Did the US allow this. To damage Russian export of oil to Turkey?
Is this why US is adamantly against Russian participation in the eradication of ISIS?
Why does this black market oil get sold in Iraq? don't they have their (Iraq) own oil?
Is ISIS allied with Turkey, and this is why Turkey has only mildly fought ISIS?
Why aren't the Saudi governments participating?
with Great Britain and Germany joining the fight against ISIS who is leading the coalition?
Why does the US want to remove Asad?
What is the US's priority Asad or ISIS?
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
frbnsn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 9:48:20 AM
At 12/5/2015 9:41:08 AM, ironslippers wrote:
Is this why US is adamantly against Russian participation in the eradication of ISIS?
Why does this black market oil get sold in Iraq? don't they have their (Iraq) own oil?
with Great Britain and Germany joining the fight against ISIS who is leading the coalition?

you are misinfomed, Turkey never buy DAESH oil, (Even, Turkısh President said he would resign if there was an evidence that Turkey bought), on the contrary Russian banks and businessmen are included. They include Syrian businessman George Haswani, Mudalal Khuri, a Syrian banker, and Kirsan Ilyumzhinov, a wealthy Russian businessman and the president of the World Chess Federatio
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 12:02:49 PM
At 12/5/2015 9:48:20 AM, frbnsn wrote:

you are misinfomed, Turkey never buy DAESH oil, (Even, Turkısh President said he would resign if there was an evidence that Turkey bought), on the contrary Russian banks and businessmen are included. They include Syrian businessman George Haswani, Mudalal Khuri, a Syrian banker, and Kirsan Ilyumzhinov, a wealthy Russian businessman and the president of the World Chess Federatio

I should have phrased the question better:
Is ISIS selling oil through the Turkish black market? I was incorrect by insinuating that oil is being sold to the Turkish government.
I chose the question form because of in news reports (ignoring those stemming from Russia media or officials).
One article claimed Asad was buying oil from ISIS. Others had the oil traveling through a pipeline into Turkey, others by truck. One claimed the oil was being used only in ISIS controlled areas. Yet most agree that oil is funding ISIS, The amount of oil sold also varies from report to report. sources vary as well, One claimed its been going on for decades and is well known black market.
The take away for me is that once oil is received by middle men it disappears into the legit oil market.
I'll end with a quote from the washington post:
http://www.washingtontimes.com...
"The Obama administration and NATO in general should bear in mind Turkey"s agenda in the region before allowing the Islamist state to draw the alliance into any type of further conflict with Russia. It seems obvious that the situation in the Middle East is clouded indeed with competing, hidden agendas of all the world powers involved, including the Obama White House."
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 12:35:42 PM
I'd say it's more than likely they had knowledge of it--namely due to the contact that the U.S has with Turkey and the fact it's quite obvious that oil has been being smuggled through ISIS and Turkish territory. ISIS make a large profit (in the millions, in fact) each month by selling Turkish; so makes it sense that it would be selling it illegally to Turkish smugglers. And there's evidence that the Turkish government and other prominent figures within Turkey are *directly* involved in this.

The U.S' overall reticence towards the matter and disinterest in openly discussing/addressing the claims made by Russia absolutely raises questions regarding prior knowledge to this--for example, when Russia said it would present its evidence to the U.N and 'other interested countries', the U.S immediately dismissed it.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 2:30:38 PM
It's easy to get outraged about this if you live an incredibly sheltered life, but it's just harsh economic reality, and not really blameworthy. If extremists were entrenched in the Alberta oil sands, Canadian oil would still find its way into US markets because the consequences of that oil NOT entering the market would be catastrophic shortage and economic devastation. It's easy to take umbrage when you've never even been put into a position of resource scarcity, and aren't in that mindset.

I mean, hell, how much have the US and Europe fed the Saudis through oil purchases over the years, another extremist regime which has incredibly destabilized the Middle East?
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 2:45:09 PM

Yes, and that is one of many things that Turkey is doing to directly and indirectly support ISIS, which is why, I presume, NATO is looking to expand beyond Turkey. Essentially, the Turkish government has been pretending to be useful to the West while two-timing with the West's enemies.

There is no question that the US (and all of NATO) knows it, and no one is happy about it.

No. The US has expressly opposed it, and it's creating a tremendous about of diplomatic tension between Turkey and the West. I look for Turkey's membership in NATO to be called into question within the next 6 months if Turkey's economic arrangements with ISIS do not change.

No. And the US is not "adamantly against" Russian participation in eradicating ISIS. The whole reason that the US has not intervened against ISIS, any more substantially than it has, is to draw Russia into war to defend Syria (which is Russia's client state) to weaken Russia in the long term.

ISIS sells oil at bargain-basement prices.

Turkey has not meaningfully resisted ISIS in any way.

The Saudi Government will never oppose ISIS, because the Saudi Government supports ISIS.

The UK will lead.

To weaken Russia.

Assad.
Tsar of DDO