Total Posts:52|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Trump calls for an end to Muslim immigration.

LiberalProlifer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 2:11:31 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
I I think he has gone to far. People have the right to liberty of belief. I have many problems with Islam, but I support someone's right to be a Muslim. Not all Muslims are terrorists just like not all Christians are terrorists.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 2:27:47 AM
At 12/9/2015 2:11:31 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I I think he has gone to far. People have the right to liberty of belief. I have many problems with Islam, but I support someone's right to be a Muslim. Not all Muslims are terrorists just like not all Christians are terrorists.

You are right about not all Muslims being terrorists. No one is suggesting they are. It is nonsense though to lump Christianity in with this. I hear this all the time from politically correct people who don't want to offend Muslims so they make up this idea that there are Christian terrorists as this somehow evens it up. Show me the Christian terrorists.
LiberalProlifer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 2:41:46 AM
At 12/9/2015 2:27:47 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

You are right about not all Muslims being terrorists. No one is suggesting they are. It is nonsense though to lump Christianity in with this. I hear this all the time from politically correct people who don't want to offend Muslims so they make up this idea that there are Christian terrorists as this somehow evens it up. Show me the Christian terrorists.
Bullshitt. It is not wroing to critique Chrustians. I am just pointing out the FACT that all religions have good at bad people. Terrorism has been done in the name of Christianity, as well as Islam.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 2:48:57 AM
This Islamophobia in politics needs to end.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
BlackFlags
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 2:57:37 AM
At 12/9/2015 2:48:57 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Islama-asskissing needs to end as well. Maybe this will dawn on you all one day, but the Muslim elements of society hate liberals the most, both here and the Middle East.
Chang29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 3:02:30 AM

Why are they running? IS is a Islamic utopia.
A free market anti-capitalist

If it can be de-centralized, it will be de-centralized.
Pase66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 3:15:37 AM

People who bomb abortion clinics. The people who conducted the Spanish Inquisition and the Salem Witch Trials (both of which I consider organized terrorism).
Check out these Current Debates
It Cannot be Shown that The Qur'an is Revelation from God
http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 3:16:17 AM
At 12/9/2015 2:57:37 AM, BlackFlags wrote:

Islama-asskissing needs to end as well. Maybe this will dawn on you all one day, but the Muslim elements of society hate liberals the most, both here and the Middle East.

I don't think being anti-Islamophobia translates to me being pro-Islam. I don't think there is anything wrong with Islam except as it is practiced by a deluded minority. But, I also respect that non-radical Muslims may have ideological disagreements with me; that's fine. I have ideological disagreements with Ben Carson; that doesn't mean I revile him.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
LiberalProlifer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 3:17:12 AM
At 12/9/2015 2:57:37 AM, BlackFlags wrote:

I could say that same about any other religion.
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 3:58:33 AM
In the last milenian the Catholics of Europe put thousands of women to death for witchcraft, even though this is probably a crime they invented to get rid of a competing religion.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 4:06:48 AM
The reactions to what Trump has said are all, in sum, the greatest thing I have ever seen in the history of American politics. I have never seen such idiocy, compounded on idiocy. Ever. It should be reasonably clear to all people that, without doubt, this is historically unprecedented idiocy.

Historically unprecedented idiocy is idiocy is extremely (not just minority, or incidentally) stupid behavior, which is novel (read: has not been done before). When I say that "the reactions to what Trump has said," I am NOT referring to what Trump said. (There is plenty of historical president for hating Muslims, ethnic minorities, instituting policies to exclude them in any number or respects, and the like.) What idiocy is unprecedented is the firestorm which has been ignited in the public, in American political culture, American pop culture, and the Media.

CNN, for example, has had non-stop coverage of what Trump said to some people in South Carolina, and what he then said again to Chris Cuomo this morning... which was pretty much the obvious response, but the last time that CNN, I think (though I could be wrong) devoted round-the-clock coverage to *any* speech that *any* person gave... well I can't think of one. Ever. Not even on 9/11. No speech/interview has ever gotten round the clock coverage.

CNN has examined it from all angles: (1) is what Trump is proposing legal? (they had Alan Derschowitz on to explore that issue); (2) does this disqualify Trump to run for president? (I've counted three panel discussions today on that issue, two one on one interviews, and a statement by the white house press secretary); (3) what did Paul Ryan think? (two panel discussions on that); (4) what stupid thing did Lindsey Graham have to say? (two discussions on that); (5) is Donald Trump (I'm being facetious here) the reincarnation of Hitler? (And now, the sole advocate of what Trump has been saying has been cut off like four different times in the last five minutes by Don Lemon (hilarious... he is such a dumb anchor).)

This is why Trump polls so freaking high, because the media are uniformly so stupid that they pay attention to this, thereby boosting his numbers at every level. The Republican Party (except Ted Cruz, who has the most politically expedient response of any politician) is uniformly stupid for condemning him, because that is only going to (and did, see generally every poll ever) strengthen him. The only person who has not weighed in on this is the Pope... and who knows... maybe Francis is next?

The reality is, as I have said here, and will say again, that there are a lot of people in this country who believe exactly what Trump is suggesting, and has suggested, and will continue to suggest. Many people in America are wondering "why hasn't anyone said this before?"

All of your responses to the effect of "this is so Islamophobic" and "Trump is such a racist bigoted @ss" are certainly not unmerited, but they are completely meaningless. Every time that any media outlet talks about what happened in San Bernardino, and say that "we had no idea!" and "that terrorist woman wasn't on anyone's radar!" Trump's suggestion that we "temporarily ban all Muslims until our leaders can figure out what the hell is going on" (direct, exact quote... not what the media is reporting... media are saying that he's going to reinstitute Japanese Internment, Muslim edition, which is just stupid) is going to be really, really appealing to a lot of people.

I don't like it. It makes me noxious; like, I am literally sick to my stomach that the Republican front runner is saying this kind of thing (because I know what he's going to say next, and I know that just as easily as he's going after Muslims today, he could be going after gays tomorrow, or whoever), but he (Trump) is the natural response to the kind of horrible management, policy and strategy the RNC has been promulgating and operating under for the past 50 years. No one should be surprised by this.
Tsar of DDO
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 4:29:17 AM
without doubt, this is historically unprecedented idiocy.
>MFW yellow peril
>MFW Irish and Polish immigrants in New England 19th century
>MFW Chinese immigrants in San Francisco
>MFW Japanese internment
>MFW medieval spanish rulers actually did ban Muslim immigration. So did most other Medieval European rulers, of course, most just didn't have any Muslims who wanted to enter
>MFW this is the platform of BNP and Front National and numerous other political movements throughout the world today.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 5:02:00 AM
At 12/9/2015 3:15:37 AM, Pase66 wrote:

People who bomb abortion clinics. The people who conducted the Spanish Inquisition and the Salem Witch Trials (both of which I consider organized terrorism).

Okay...any such incident that happened over 300 years ago is not valid today. Pro-Lifers are, while mainly Evangelicals, basically where abolitionists were 150 years ago. Simply having a sensitive conscience can make one a Pro-Lifer, though most of them are Evangelicals, and I actually wouldn't have a problem with Pro-Life terrorists if their actions actually ended up saving anybody's life (which they don't). The problem is that it accomplishes nothing and thus is a senseless act of violence.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 6:03:51 AM

The IRA. The Troubles in Ireland.

'Nuff said.
smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 6:06:07 AM
At 12/9/2015 4:29:17 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
>MFW yellow peril
>MFW Japanese internment
>MFW medieval spanish rulers actually did ban Muslim immigration. So did most other Medieval European rulers, of course, most just didn't have any Muslims who wanted to enter
>MFW this is the platform of BNP and Front National and numerous other political movements throughout the world today.

Except people constantly stamp swastikas on the face of Marine Lepen, Oswald Moseley is one of the most risible and ridiculed people to have lived in the UK (barring Lord Haw Haw).
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 7:56:55 AM
At 12/9/2015 6:06:07 AM, smelisox wrote:
>MFW yellow peril
>MFW Japanese internment

Except people constantly stamp swastikas on the face of Marine Lepen, Oswald Moseley is one of the most risible and ridiculed people to have lived in the UK (barring Lord Haw Haw).

Are you attempting to say that Trump isn't the target of a great deal of mockery?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 6:24:51 PM
At 12/11/2015 6:17:42 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Not sure how Trumps plans to do this. It's an impossible feat.

Just wait. It will be great! We are going to do this - and other things. It will be huge. We will win, just wait.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 7:49:38 PM

Jimmy Carter kept Iranians from coming to America. Did he go too far?
smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 8:59:37 PM
At 12/11/2015 7:56:55 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 12/9/2015 6:06:07 AM, smelisox wrote:
>MFW yellow peril
>MFW Japanese internment

Are you attempting to say that Trump isn't the target of a great deal of mockery?

No, learn to read.
lifeforce
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 9:16:34 PM
I I think he has gone to far. People have the right to liberty of belief. I have many problems with Islam, but I support someone's right to be a Muslim. Not all Muslims are terrorists just like not all Christians are terrorists. : :

You need to add this to your title;

Trump calls for an end to Muslim immigration until the people responsible for vetting immigrants coming into the U.S. start doing a better job.

Trump is only trying to protect the U.S. citizens and legal immigrants from being killed needlessly.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 9:21:26 PM

I do think he is a blooming idiot but he's got enough money to be able to say what a lot of Americans.

I have no problem with not allowing Muslims to enter the US. Or Russians. .....or Britts......Canadians......Irish. ....you name it...I don't have problem with it.

I don't want a bunch of Muslim refugees in my house or even near my house. If we can be a bit safer by not letting any Muslim in and even deporting the ones we do have then I'm all for it.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
liltankjj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 9:52:13 PM
I remember FDR doing something similar after the attack on Perl Harbor. He did say just temporarily. Until we figure things out to be exact.
mc9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 10:47:17 PM
At 12/11/2015 9:21:26 PM, jharry wrote:

I do think he is a blooming idiot but he's got enough money to be able to say what a lot of Americans.

I have no problem with not allowing Muslims to enter the US. Or Russians. .....or Britts......Canadians......Irish. ....you name it...I don't have problem with it.

I don't want a bunch of Muslim refugees in my house or even near my house. If we can be a bit safer by not letting any Muslim in and even deporting the ones we do have then I'm all for it.

You wouldn't be safer it's not there aren't violent people outside of Islam, how would you like it if someone took away your rights so they could be safer?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 10:54:08 PM
At 12/11/2015 9:52:13 PM, liltankjj wrote:
I remember FDR doing something similar after the attack on Perl Harbor. He did say just temporarily. Until we figure things out to be exact.

America will be just fine with a temporary ban on a few thousand Muslims. Nothing to get worked up over.
mc9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 1:49:37 AM
At 12/11/2015 9:16:34 PM, lifeforce wrote:
I I think he has gone to far. People have the right to liberty of belief. I have many problems with Islam, but I support someone's right to be a Muslim. Not all Muslims are terrorists just like not all Christians are terrorists. : :

Trump calls for an end to Muslim immigration until the people responsible for vetting immigrants coming into the U.S. start doing a better job.

Trump is only trying to protect the U.S. citizens and legal immigrants from being killed needlessly.

How aren't they doing a good job and why should we do it based on religion.
stealspell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 2:50:35 AM
At 12/11/2015 9:16:34 PM, lifeforce wrote:

Until we can figure out what's wrong with the GOP we should ban all conservatives from running for office.

Only trying to protect the U.S. citizens, soldiers, etc from being killed needlessly.
LiberalProlifer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 6:09:46 AM
At 12/11/2015 9:21:26 PM, jharry wrote:

I care about people, not money.
LiberalProlifer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 6:10:56 AM
At 12/11/2015 9:52:13 PM, liltankjj wrote:
Exactly.