Jump to topic:

Trump - Not really running for President

Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 2:37:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have long suspected that Trump was just doing this as some sort of publicity stunt. However after yesterday's news, I find it quite obvious.

So Trump has now taken the position that anyone who wishes to enter into the United States - even as a tourist - not be allowed if they are a muslim. A proposition that includes American citizens of Islamic faith.

First of all, the man is on crack if he actually thinks this could ever become law. First he needs Congress's support - enough to get through the legislative process, and then it would have to be upheld legally. An absolutely absurd proposition.

Second, the idea of implementing this is a complete joke. What is he proposing? Religious tests for government ID's? Government surveillance on everyone to determine their faith? Airport religious screenings?

Third, this move is political suicide. Maybe, just maybe it won't impact him all that much in a republican primary (a big if), but there is no way in hell a man that extreme can compete in a general election.

The thing is, Donald trump is not stupid. He knows all of this, and even if he didn't his campaign staffers know this. A candidate who takes a position that is bound to be all over the news, has no chance of ever becoming reality, and sabotages his own chances of competing in a general election... Is clearly not running for president.

Thoughts?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 2:39:03 AM
At 12/9/2015 2:37:18 AM, Double_R wrote:
I have long suspected that Trump was just doing this as some sort of publicity stunt. However after yesterday's news, I find it quite obvious.

So Trump has now taken the position that anyone who wishes to enter into the United States - even as a tourist - not be allowed if they are a muslim. A proposition that includes American citizens of Islamic faith.

First of all, the man is on crack if he actually thinks this could ever become law. First he needs Congress's support - enough to get through the legislative process, and then it would have to be upheld legally. An absolutely absurd proposition.

Second, the idea of implementing this is a complete joke. What is he proposing? Religious tests for government ID's? Government surveillance on everyone to determine their faith? Airport religious screenings?

Third, this move is political suicide. Maybe, just maybe it won't impact him all that much in a republican primary (a big if), but there is no way in hell a man that extreme can compete in a general election.

The thing is, Donald trump is not stupid. He knows all of this, and even if he didn't his campaign staffers know this. A candidate who takes a position that is bound to be all over the news, has no chance of ever becoming reality, and sabotages his own chances of competing in a general election... Is clearly not running for president.

Thoughts?

Wait for the polls.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 2:46:14 AM

Thoughts?

I think he is trying to destroy the GOP, and it is quite ironic that he is leading the polls.
My work here is, finally, done.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 3:01:18 AM
At 12/9/2015 2:46:14 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Thoughts?

I think he is trying to destroy the GOP, and it is quite ironic that he is leading the polls.

The people don't want the GOP.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 3:08:02 AM
At 12/9/2015 3:01:18 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Thoughts?

I think people want the GOP because they are the "other" party in our biparty system.
I think Trump is trying to destroy it, so something else can take its place.
My work here is, finally, done.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 3:10:39 AM
At 12/9/2015 3:08:02 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/9/2015 3:01:18 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Thoughts?

I think people want the GOP because they are the "other" party in our biparty system.
I think Trump is trying to destroy it, so something else can take its place.

If the GOP is only wanted because it's an "other", then it could be the Nazi party for all that difference.
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 3:50:20 AM
It is not 2016 yet. When the primaries start republicans will be concerned about Trump's elect-ability. Next year they will make their decision on who should get the nomination. This year they are disappointed with the candidates who have entered the race. They are sending a message to Cruz and Rubio, which is you guys will make it very difficult to win. Perhaps the Hispanics will all vote for you because of your Latino ancestry but the only important reason to vote for you is to keep the idiot the democrats will nominate from becoming our president.
Although Trump has never held elected office, when you consider what congress has been doing the last few years, this has become a good thing.
Right now it is refreshing to hear a candidate who just says what he is thinking instead of some guy who has memorized answers that his speechwriters wrote .
What will be fun, is to tape what the liberals are saying about how we must welcome the Muslims into our country, and show the tape after the news about the next mass murder some Muslims will do in our country.