Jump to topic:

Climate Change Conspiracy

Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 3:16:33 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
Hi folks. I haven't been back in a while so none of you probably know me. I've gotten to be a lot more concerned with *why* people think the things they do instead of what it is they actually think. I wanted to come back to my old stomping ground to get some input on a few issues. Honestly speaking, you guys are the smartest, most articulate, and most intellectually diverse bunch I have ever encountered in my life.

I need to know from a climate change denialist (or conspiracy theorist) what they perceive to be the "liberal agenda" to promoting climate change. Leave out specific evidence. I know all of the evidence already. I want to know the end game, the main goal, or goals if there are numerous ones. Distraction? Monetary? Government control? Please be specific as to what it is they actually want.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 3:35:44 PM
At 12/9/2015 3:16:33 PM, Kleptin wrote:
Hi folks. I haven't been back in a while so none of you probably know me. I've gotten to be a lot more concerned with *why* people think the things they do instead of what it is they actually think. I wanted to come back to my old stomping ground to get some input on a few issues. Honestly speaking, you guys are the smartest, most articulate, and most intellectually diverse bunch I have ever encountered in my life.

I need to know from a climate change denialist (or conspiracy theorist) what they perceive to be the "liberal agenda" to promoting climate change. Leave out specific evidence. I know all of the evidence already. I want to know the end game, the main goal, or goals if there are numerous ones. Distraction? Monetary? Government control? Please be specific as to what it is they actually want.

I think most of the denyers are on the "its a money scheme" train. You know, greedy scientists, rich-rich alt energy company's
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 3:41:17 PM
At 12/9/2015 3:35:44 PM, TBR wrote:
I think most of the denyers are on the "its a money scheme" train. You know, greedy scientists, rich-rich alt energy company's

Wouldn't the logic then be that the money going to the oil companies would simply go towards alternative fuel instead? Do they have a preference for where the money would go? I find that unlikely. I'm not so sure about the money thing to that level of superficial detail...
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 4:08:23 PM

To people really into conspiracy theories, it's to justify a reduction in the global population. Some estimates have the reduction down to half a billion people, as the Georgia Guidestones advocate for. It's also a way to bring a global threat, so that a New World Order or one world government can be imposed. Some theories say that if global warming doesn't work, the elite may throw a Hail Mary and fake an alien invasion.

To people who are just dipping their toes in the conspiracy realm, global warming helps the government increase and expand it's role. They are In The pocket of big business and carbon taxes help hurt small businesses for example.

It seems like global warming is used to push a liberal agenda as opposed to using free market principles and alternative ways to combat it. If it supports a liberal agenda well "cui Bono"
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 4:13:12 PM
At 12/9/2015 4:08:23 PM, Wylted wrote:

To people really into conspiracy theories, it's to justify a reduction in the global population. Some estimates have the reduction down to half a billion people, as the Georgia Guidestones advocate for. It's also a way to bring a global threat, so that a New World Order or one world government can be imposed. Some theories say that if global warming doesn't work, the elite may throw a Hail Mary and fake an alien invasion.

To people who are just dipping their toes in the conspiracy realm, global warming helps the government increase and expand it's role. They are In The pocket of big business and carbon taxes help hurt small businesses for example.

It seems like global warming is used to push a liberal agenda as opposed to using free market principles and alternative ways to combat it. If it supports a liberal agenda well "cui Bono"

But really, that global warming agenda only works if the public believes most of the doomsday scenarios.
Convincing the public that global warming simply exists is not even close to enough.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 4:17:09 PM
At 12/9/2015 4:13:12 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 12/9/2015 4:08:23 PM, Wylted wrote:

But really, that global warming agenda only works if the public believes most of the doomsday scenarios.
Convincing the public that global warming simply exists is not even close to enough.

That means we'll be seeing the alien invasion soon. Of course, maybe they thought alien invasion was going too far, so they started to use terrorism.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 11:06:43 PM

Also, Aren't you like, a genius Kleptin?