Jump to topic:

Donald Trump isn't a sleazy candidate.

Nonsense
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 4:19:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
He's ignorant, infantile and aggressive but he's not sleazy.

Many people say he's a good negotiator etc, even he himself wears this title proudly but he's one of the least socially skilled imbeciles I've ever seen run for president.

I don't get the whole Trump hype at all but least of all the accusation or admiration of his cunning, of which he has none.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 4:25:49 PM
At 12/9/2015 4:19:20 PM, Nonsense wrote:

Many people say he's a good negotiator etc, even he himself wears this title proudly but he's one of the least socially skilled imbeciles I've ever seen run for president.

I don't get the whole Trump hype at all but least of all the accusation or admiration of his cunning, of which he has none.

Oh, he possesses no special qualities, but he turned out to be a billionaire?
Nonsense
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 4:28:21 PM
At 12/9/2015 4:25:49 PM, Wylted wrote:

I'm sure you're being sarcastic, it's kind of pathetic that you think the latter disproves the former.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 4:41:57 PM
At 12/9/2015 4:28:21 PM, Nonsense wrote:

I'm sure you're being sarcastic, it's kind of pathetic that you think the latter disproves the former.

So you shouldn't have a problem becoming a billionaire right?
chui
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 4:49:10 PM
The UK parliament has been petitioned by over 200,000 people demanding that Trump is banned from the UK for hate speech
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 4:55:42 PM

We know his appeal. It is very clear who and how he is appealing to a base of the right.
Nonsense
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 4:59:43 PM
At 12/9/2015 4:41:57 PM, Wylted wrote:

I'd give enough to other people and charity fi I was that rich to prevent me ever becoming one. Thanks for the gesture though.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 5:04:36 PM
At 12/9/2015 4:59:43 PM, Nonsense wrote:

I'd give enough to other people and charity fi I was that rich to prevent me ever becoming one. Thanks for the gesture though.

When you start with a 200m fortune, it gives you a hell of a good start.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 5:11:10 PM

That's a stupid way of thinking, but cool. So the answer is that if you were more selfish you'd be a billionaire, because that takes no special skills and somebody with a low IQ could easily do it?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 5:14:08 PM
At 12/9/2015 5:04:36 PM, TBR wrote:

Maybe, but if that's true he still made over a billion on his own. Something most people are incapable of no matter what they started with. I love how people like to imply he is dumb and any average joe could easily make a billion if he felt like it. I heard he only started with a 1 million dollar loan from his father, giving him a tremendous rate on return. I have 10,000 in the bank, if I got that rate of return I could retire right now.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 5:24:13 PM

Maybe, but if that's true he still made over a billion on his own. Something most people are incapable of no matter what they started with. I love how people like to imply he is dumb and any average joe could easily make a billion if he felt like it. I heard he only started with a 1 million dollar loan from his father, giving him a tremendous rate on return. I have 10,000 in the bank, if I got that rate of return I could retire right now.

Look. We can bicker about his "Midas touch" - but it comes down to this. Yea, he is a billionaire. That does not make him competent as a statesman in any way.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 5:32:54 PM
At 12/9/2015 5:24:13 PM, TBR wrote:

Look. We can bicker about his "Midas touch" - but it comes down to this. Yea, he is a billionaire. That does not make him competent as a statesman in any way.

Actually it usually does. A great leader is a great leader is a great leader. You can see it in great military generals who have become leaders and became great reformers of society. Napolean made great reforms in France that persist until this day. Ghenghis Khan brought civilization to a bunch of savages. Julius Caeser made many great reforms in Rome in his short time as a leader, our modern calendar is derived from that. Before him the calander was extremely inaccurate. He freed a bunch of slaves, forgives unfair debts. All these military leaders became great political leaders. All these men who were great leaders in one area, become great leaders in a completely seperate area, without missing a stride.

A great person who accomplishes big things in one area, will naturally take that greatness to another area. If I have an experienced manager running for CEO of my company in one area, and Bill Belichek in the other corner, I'm going with the great leader with proven success, and not the mediocre candidate.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 5:34:59 PM
Oh let's not forget General George Washington, who never had shown great political experience, merely great leadership in a completely unrelated field.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 5:36:41 PM
At 12/9/2015 5:32:54 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/9/2015 5:24:13 PM, TBR wrote:

Actually it usually does. A great leader is a great leader is a great leader. You can see it in great military generals who have become leaders and became great reformers of society. Napolean made great reforms in France that persist until this day. Ghenghis Khan brought civilization to a bunch of savages. Julius Caeser made many great reforms in Rome in his short time as a leader, our modern calendar is derived from that. Before him the calander was extremely inaccurate. He freed a bunch of slaves, forgives unfair debts. All these military leaders became great political leaders. All these men who were great leaders in one area, become great leaders in a completely seperate area, without missing a stride.

A great person who accomplishes big things in one area, will naturally take that greatness to another area. If I have an experienced manager running for CEO of my company in one area, and Bill Belichek in the other corner, I'm going with the great leader with proven success, and not the mediocre candidate.

Ill give you part of this. At this moment, there are no other natural leaders in the GOP race, that is evident. I don't count Trump as a great businessman, leader or much of anything else, but he has a knack for rallying support - leadership. Now, I said "statesman", and I will say again, any "success" he has obtained in business does not naturally translate to the world of politics.
Nonsense
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 6:12:58 PM
At 12/9/2015 5:11:10 PM, Wylted wrote:

That's a stupid way of thinking, but cool. So the answer is that if you were more selfish you'd be a billionaire, because that takes no special skills and somebody with a low IQ could easily do it?

Erm, Trump's IQ is probably around the 70-80 mark, I would definitely not regard him as an intelligent human being so the answer is literally yes.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 6:23:36 PM
At 12/9/2015 6:12:58 PM, Nonsense wrote:

Erm, Trump's IQ is probably around the 70-80 mark, I would definitely not regard him as an intelligent human being so the answer is literally yes.

I think your IQ is not far above that, if you think a person with a low IQ could accomplish what he has. People with double that IQ often struggle, but a person with that IQ isn't going to become a self made billionaire.
Nonsense
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 6:27:52 PM
At 12/9/2015 6:23:36 PM, Wylted wrote:

I think your IQ is not far above that, if you think a person with a low IQ could accomplish what he has. People with double that IQ often struggle, but a person with that IQ isn't going to become a self made billionaire.

He did and is blatantly a moron, you need only listen to one interview or speech of his to observe the complete incapacity for him to process logic even in a pre written speech.

I happen to know people on both ends of the income spectrum albeit not as extremely high as Trump, what I've noticed is that there is genuinely no correlation between one's professional success/income and their IQ.

Good managers of people tend to be amicable, the geniuses are the ones they command because they're not as good as their underlings at what they do.

Power and wealth have literally no correlation with IQ. Some high IQ individuals are barely getting by due to bad social skills etc, some are way up there.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 6:46:33 PM
Trump has many extreme sounding ideas, but so does Obama. The difference is, Trump is man enough to at least tell you what his ideas are instead of trying to sneak them in after the election.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 7:34:46 PM
At 12/9/2015 6:27:52 PM, Nonsense wrote:
At 12/9/2015 6:23:36 PM, Wylted wrote:

He did and is blatantly a moron, you need only listen to one interview or speech of his to observe the complete incapacity for him to process logic even in a pre written speech.

I happen to know people on both ends of the income spectrum albeit not as extremely high as Trump, what I've noticed is that there is genuinely no correlation between one's professional success/income and their IQ.

Good managers of people tend to be amicable, the geniuses are the ones they command because they're not as good as their underlings at what they do.

Power and wealth have literally no correlation with IQ. Some high IQ individuals are barely getting by due to bad social skills etc, some are way up there.

Do you want to defend the statement that IQ and success have no correlation to success in a debate? As soon as the site allows me to see debates again?